• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best Starter From Previous Gens

Years
  • There have been a lot of starter Pokemon over the years. Does anyone have a favorite out of them all (not including Galar)? Mine is Mudkip. Please don't make this stat-based.

Years
  • Picking one favourite from them is hard... I think I would put Chikorita, Tepig, Cyndaquil, Mudkip and Rowlet as my TOP 5 for first seven gens, in no particular order.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • torchic is my absolute fave for all the starters, but i'm also rly fond of popplio.

Years
    • Seen Jun 28, 2021
    Picking one out of three is always a test. Picking one out of the whole bunch is interesting. Some I definitely love more than others, but my pick would easily be Bulbasaur.
    i mean, let's be honest he's officially number one.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • For Gen I, all three of them. They're all iconic in their own ways, so I couldn't ever pick a favorite. Gen II, definitely Chikorita. It's just cute. Treecko is my fave Pokemon of all time, so that's obviously my gen III favorite. For Gen IV, I like Chimchar best, but Turtwig is cool, too. Oshawott is my fave from Gen V. But, I am pretty disappointed by its final evolution. I guess if I had to pick a fave from among the Gen VI starters, it'd have to be Fennekin? But I don't care for Delphox much. For Gen VII, I like both Litten and Rowlet, really.

But those are all my faves from the previous gens.

Years
    • Seen today
    Best Starter From Previous Gens

Ivysaur is my favourite, but I like all of the starters from Kanto and Johto.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Piplup def is my favorite. It's v cute and Empoleon is a cool final form as well. Going through the other regions it's Bulbasaur, Cyndaquil, Mudkip, Tepig, Fennekin and Popplio.

Figment

Professional Falinks Enjoyer.
    Years
  • Ill list my favourite from each gen, and my favourite overall:
    Kanto: Squirtle
    Johto: Cyndaquil
    Hoenn: Treecko
    Sinnoh: Piplup
    Unova: Oshawott
    Kalos: Froakie
    Alola: Rowlet
    Galar Bonus: Sobble
    Overall: Oshawott

TheRose

Youtube Lets Player/Twitch Streamer
    Years
    • Age 34
    • NJ
    • Seen today
    I have grown fond of a lot of the starters, it's really hard to choose a favorite overall. if I had to choose, i guess i'd pick charmander

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    If I had to pick one which will be odd because I'm not a water type starter but my absolute favorite is Piplup. The other odd thing about that is my favorite starter is from the Gen I never played...lol. For Fire would be Litten and Grass would be Rowlet.

Back