• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Best/Worst PokeBall/Luck With a PokeBall

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
Years
  • I'm pretty sure this thread goes in General Pokemon Gaming as it's only in the games which you actually use Pokeballs. So..

MOVED

It feels so good to say moved after a while :3

Volroc

The Unpredictability Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    I'm pretty sure this thread goes in General Pokemon Gaming as it's only in the games which you actually use Pokeballs. So..

MOVED

It feels so good to say moved after a while :3

actually it could fit in either.

i realized net balls work really good for me, even on non-water/bugs
    i get at least 2wiggles.

Dominus Temporis

Fezzes are cool.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2012
    Well, I've got one bad experience, and a few good ones.

In HeartGold, I was making my way to Ecruteak for the first time, and in the patch of grass right outside the gate, I ran into a Stantler, which I decided to catch. Despite low health and being inflicted with statuses, it broke out of pretty much every ball I threw at it... except a Lure Ball.

Apparently Stantler's part fish, who knew?

As for my good stories, I caught legendaries at full health on the first ball twice. Mesprit in Diamond with a Quick Ball, and Zapdos in Platinum with an Ultra Ball. Neither time did I expect it to work. Then in HeartGold, after a couple failed attempts at Mewtwo, I caught it with one Dusk Ball, which was even better because I'd forgotten to restock before going into the cave and did not want to go through it again.

Chary

Yeah-Hah!
    Years
  • Best: Dusk and Quick and Poke'
    Worst: Ultra, and Heal

Shiny Raikou:
    In Soul Silver, I was going to Olivine, after releasing the Legendary Beasts, I find Raikou and it's SHINY!, freak out completly, I throw a Fast Ball begging it to work, and amazingly I caught it!!!

Giratina in the Distortion World:
    In Platinum, I saved, battled Giratina, threw a Dusk Ball on the First turn, and I catch it!

Ho-oh in Soul Silver:
    After an HOUR, I have Ho-oh at about 4 Hp, and It WON'T catch in the Ultra Ball!!!
    I throw a Pokeball, look at Something outside my house...*Poof* Ho-oh was caught!
    Me: "You've GOT to be kidding!!"

Groudon Soul Silver:
    I battle Groudon, I can't catch him in any type of Pokeball, I throw a normal Pokeball, look away from the screen, and I catch him!

I swear the game only lets me catch Ledegnds when I look away!!! >.<

subame

I control the spice!
    Years
  • I had a pretty awesome experience....I was playing a Rock monotype on Crystal, and was walking up to thee Lake of Rage, Raikou appears, so, I threw a Pokeball and caught it at full health....I think I laughed for about ten minutes, since I didn't even notice it was caught until the nickname screen came up..

Years
  • My worst experience was trying to catch a moltres when it has low health and was asleep. I used 50+ ultra balls.Then I was like screw it I'm just gonna throw a pokeball for the heck of it... First try with the pokeball it automatically catches it.That battle was just ridiculous :(

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    DUSK BALLS RULE!!!!!

Stantlers TAKE FOREVER for me to ctach, but with a lil dusk ball, and a ditto i was able to catch a lv5 stantler with in only 5balls, usually the ones in johto takin me 20great balls :(

Goo

Fiction is an improvement on life
    Years
  • Mewtwo in a ultra ball. Named him Gene, he was my beeeeeeeest friend. Named my mewtwo I caught in SS after poor gene. I dont even know what game the original is on anymore.

This may not sound impressive to you but it was epic when I was a kid. Especially since i had exploited the Cinnibar Island glitch and had like 99 m balls chillin.

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I can remember plenty of times when I have had epic fails on ultra balls even in the regular gameboy games. A few times when I wanted to catch certain pokemon, I wasted nearly all my balls for one and tried a pokeball and caught it. >.< This doesn't happen to me much since I've started playing the DS games, and ultra balls tend to work with me well and heal balls. Great balls can sometimes be better for me though.

Horror:
    Trying to catch Palkia in Pearl and all my ultra balls failing and only having netballs and one timer ball available. ;_;

Awesome:
    However, I reset the game and threw the timer ball out after lowering it's HP and it worked on the first try.

HG: Catching red gyarados with one great ball after taking not even half his HP away. No status effects either.

Diamond: Today, I caught my sister the Giratina after lowering it's HP with just one dusk ball. That was great!

Best balls for me:
    Ultra, Heal and sometimes Net ball.

Worst:
    Dusk balls. It seems like my games never want the dusk balls to be a good choice for catching pokemon, so I don't buy them much. I also don't get Luxury balls because mine never work even on the simplest of pokemon. *shrug*

`MorningSun

Blahblahblah...
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2015
    Reached top of Sky Pillar, realised I only had a pokeball and a masterball and I didn't want to waste my masterball was deciding to buy ultraballs but was to lazy. I went to fight Rayquaza decided to throw pokeball straight away and caught him ^^.

Caught full life Rayquaza in pokeball (:

Volroc

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2015
    Reached top of Sky Pillar, realised I only had a pokeball and a masterball and I didn't want to waste my masterball was deciding to buy ultraballs but was to lazy. I went to fight Rayquaza decided to throw pokeball straight away and caught him ^^.

Caught full life Rayquaza in pokeball (:

totallly EPIC :D thats just plain badass :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2012
    Horror: Saw a shiny Garveler but I only had like 7 Ultra balls. My pokemon were too buff to weaken it to a good point so I wasted them when he had full health. I had no choice but to kill him :(

Awesome: I was chasing Raiku and I used quick attack and it hardly hurt him but he still fled. I encountered him by accident later and he was almost at full health. I used a great ball and he was caught :)

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • Best: Mewtwo, caust it with a pokeball xD
    Horror: UGHHH THE REGIS I USED 300 ULTRA BALLS AND 100 TIMER :X

sab

Now too much of a life.
    Years
  • 283 ultra balls used on rayquaza in emerald. best was in fr I caught four chanseys a two kangaskhans and a tauros in one safari round.

Blackhebrew2

Epic Banana Ninja!
    Years
  • I was playing leafGreen the other day and I was trying to catch Snorlax. He was being an utter pain and I threw great ball after great ball at him when he was on minimal health. I then waited until he rested back up to full health. For some reason,I knew that I was going to catch when he was at full health. It was like a psychic vision or something weird like that. Anyways to sum the story up I caught him at full health. Kind of odd.

ShinyEeveeGirl

"Beat" Crystal in Under a Day
    Years
  • worst luck with a pokeball- i hadn't saved pokemon red for almost 5 hours, and had finally gotten to mewtwo, i had 92 ultraballs, painstakingly bought, i had mewtwo down to where one more hit would ko it, just as i was about to throw the ball, my cousin grabs my gameboy and makes my pokemon attack mewtwo.... ruining my chance of capturing him for MANY more hours. I never played games around my cousin AGAIN.

Best luck- I had run out of ultra and heavy balls on suicune (in crystal) and only had a single friend ball left, i threw it.... and managed to capture suicune with him only in the yellow. It was the best day ever.

Favorite ball- Friend ball/ luxury ball (^_^)

Back