• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biggest disappointment you've encountered

Years
  • The lack of post game content is bothering me a fair bit... And there doesnt seem to be any high level trainers around. Tho I havent rebattled the e4 yet. Also there is no trainer rematches?

So if this post means anything, I guess this confirms no Vs Seeker once again. How saddening...

Also I'm kinda surprised some are complaining the Gyms are easier than past games. But my own disappointment is the names of some of the Kalos Gym badges, notably the Bug Badge, Psychic Badge and Fairy Badge. Such redundant names.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • The severe lack of new Pokemon. I was really hoping for a palpable amount of diverse and intriguing Pokemon, but instead only got a handful. Don't get me wrong, there's so many wonderful new Pokemon, but if only there was more. The new Pokemon are just too diluted amongst the Pokemon of previous generations.

Also, another minor annoyance is how easy the Gym Leaders and Lysandre was. I was seriously hoping for a challenge but I didn't get any. I didn't even super train my Pokemon!

Other than that, I'm loving everything else. Pokemon Y is definitely one of my favourite Pokemon games ever. (Just behind HGSS/DPPt of course. ;))

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2016
    the plant starter (mines called cheddar) the first evo looks atrocious. I chose him on cuteness but his evo looks baaaad.

I absolutely loved that the forest was exactly like viridian. there is a lot of nods to kanto and other earlier regions in there and i love it :D

Last edited:

Colress Machine

The Colress Machine broke...
    Years
  • The biggest thing that disappoints me is how there are so few boxes in the PC. Other than that, though, I absolutely love it!!!!
    And another disappointment is that I can't use Spritzee in my Y version because I have to trade to evolve her. Oh well, I can use her when I get X. c:

Years
  • The severe lack of new Pokemon. I was really hoping for a palpable amount of diverse and intriguing Pokemon, but instead only got a handful. Don't get me wrong, there's so many wonderful new Pokemon, but if only there was more. The new Pokemon are just too diluted amongst the Pokemon of previous generations.

Also, another minor annoyance is how easy the Gym Leaders and Lysandre was. I was seriously hoping for a challenge but I didn't get any. I didn't even super train my Pokemon!

Other than that, I'm loving everything else. Pokemon Y is definitely one of my favourite Pokemon games ever. (Just behind HGSS/DPPt of course. ;))

I totally agree with u about there being not as many new pokemon. I've got 6 badges and ive only seen a small handfull of Kalos region pokemon. :( i do hope more start to appear as i progress further into the game!

The biggest thing that disappoints me is how there are so few boxes in the PC. Other than that, though, I absolutely love it!!!!
    And another disappointment is that I can't use Spritzee in my Y version because I have to trade to evolve her. Oh well, I can use her when I get X. c:

I can help u evolve it :) pm me ur fc!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    Guys anyone who's concerned over the lack of legendaries, aslong as you have a stable wi-fi connection, I wouldn't be too worried. Its likely that GF will saturate us with plenty of legendary events, and I honestly cant wait for them!

Megaman765

Really wants shiny Porygon Z:3
    Years
  • My biggest disappointment is the friends you travel around. I'm ok with Serena (And whoever the Male Rival is I'd guess). I kinda get the vibe that she's secretly obsessed with defeating you with how she suddenly starts challenging you more often once you hit the fourth gym. She feels like a proper rival for the most part. The other "friends" just feel like they're just coming along to just be there. I don't really care what happens to them because I know nothing about them. A little back story wouldn't hurt.

It might sound silly of me to be complaining about story for a Pokemon game of all things, but after Black and White, which actually had a wide variety of characters to it that stuck out and a pretty nice storyline, this kinda dissapointed me. But I'm not all the way through the game so I can't give final judgement yet. So far though, they've done nothing for me. At least Serena helps you and and tries to compete with you at every chance she gets. Who knows, maybe they'll pull of some last minute shtick whenever I meet the legendary of this game.

Also, Team Flare dissapointed me at first. Then I learned what their real plan was... changed my mind immediately. *shudders*

Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2015
    The biggest thing that disappoints me is how there are so few boxes in the PC. Other than that, though, I absolutely love it!!!!

I may be mistaken but doesn't the number of boxes increase as you fill them?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • The biggest thing that disappoints me is how there are so few boxes in the PC. Other than that, though, I absolutely love it!!!!

You boxes go up like in BW and BW2. You have to put a pokemon and each one, once one is in each box, you get more boxes, keep doing that a few times and you will have the max number of boxes. However, I don't know how many total boxes there are. Probably about 5 or so more that what we had in BW/BW2.

As I said early, I am really disappointed in the color of the pokemon. Most seem so so pale. To me Charmeleon looks more orange than red when he is suppose to be a red.

Jigglymilk

Night Of The Final Day
    Years
    • Seen May 12, 2016
    As someone whose been playing these games since the good old days of red and blue, I can honestly say this is the best generation in years. It's what I always wanted a pokemon game to be. Nothing is really DISSAPOINTING so far, but I did think character customisation would be a little more in depth. I thought there would be more hair colours/styles. But the amazing amount of awesome clothes make up for that :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 12, 2019
    I Would have said Final Evos and Lack of New pokemon but that won't be right. Seriously it WON'T BE RIGHT. LOOK AT THE GAME! IT IS A REVOLUTION.JUST LOOK AT THOSE GRAPHICS, THE DETAILED BATTLING AND EVERYTHING. THERE HAS NOT BEEN A MORE AWESOME GAME THAN THIS. I just love it! I mean even a low profile move like "Tail Whip" is so cute and awesome. Take a bow Gamefreak you have done an excellent job. 10/10. Chuck the haters and never to be pleased whiners. Everything about this game is so awesome that they should just rename the game from Pokemon x and y to Pokemon Awesome.

Years
  • I really really enjoy this game, however one thing that bugs me is how long it takes to put items in your bag.

And the roller blades are a bit hard to control, but getting the bike fixes that.

WildEagle

Call me, Your Royal Freshness
    Years
  • ohh really dear is that right? well lemme know what to do with the game after u catch the legendaries and beat all the battles please share with me ur great plan on what the **** to do now.. the game ends to quickly with the lack of legendaries if they made a basic second storyline involving most the legendaries the game would be longer and better for it but the lack of them makes the after elite 4 stuff very pointless and boring and short..

Your acting like the 1st entry in every new generation game has a post-game. R/S has the battle tower, after you catch the Regi's WHAT DO I DO NOW? D/P has the battle tower and like few other legendaries to catch and after that let's go back to your question, WHAT DO I DO NOW?, B/W has the battle subway and cameo characters to battle but after you catch the numerous amount of legendary which frankly most of them doesn't even look legendary at all, let's go back to your question, WHAT DO I DO NOW?

The 3rd game in the generation series are the one that has post-game content, it's been like this since R/S. And frankly, the lesser amount of legendary the better. Most Sinnoh/Unova legendary are forgettable, there was too much Legendary that it felt like it was it's own type.

Also Serebii already confirmed that Gym Leaders appears in Battle Chateau. He already encountered Viola/Grant/Korrina/Wulfric. Also for competitive players and active wifi-battlers there is breeding and EV training for our post-game.

Years
  • The story was a bit disappointing. I thought the plot and the goals of Team Flare would be a bit more coherent instead of being so vague. I felt they should've been more apocalyptic considering what they wanted to do. The mood never came across as serious.

Also, it took me about five seconds to realize that Santalune Forest was a carbon copy of Viridian. I get that it might've been a shoutout, but at least for me and a couple of others it backfired.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I'm disappointed by the lag in the in game battles...something I've never experienced with other games...oh and the world is more cartoony than I expected...but I still like them despite these minor flaws...so far better than Gen V in terms of region...though I must also say the characters in this game are dull...thus far...

Decimosoma

Free to dream, free to smile
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    The usual disappointment in their new games: Not bringing loveable features such as Pokémon world tournament and the Pokédex inhabit list back in the game. But yeah, you can notice that this is pure Gamefreak work. Taking something and giving something new in return - If that's actually a positive or a negative thing is up to us, no? And I only experience lagg in those annoying horde battles.

My main disappointment would be the entirely game itself. It seem that they've been working so hard on Mega evolution, 3D models and such that it feels... lacking, it lacks to many features in my opinion. In the previous game we had many new feature, Habit list, world tournament, many varities of swarm, actual something decent to do in the post-game such as the Hollow Tree and Black City/ Actually what the heck do we even have after you beat the elite four. Catching legendaries and a battle frontier-like thing? That's it?

Don't get me wrong the game it awesome and all, beautiful cities, loveable character cast even if i had my doubts before the release, character customization, you name it. But somehow.. it feels lacking. No, something between lacking and empty. Dunno how to describe it.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Pokémon fans are so hard to please.

My only disappointment is the simplicity of the Gym Leaders teams. More pokémon/strategy for them would have been nice.

Evoslingerr

III Generation Enthusiast
    Years
  • The camera in the Lumisomething city... the one modelled after Paris... It got me as dizzy as a Spinda can be.

Jessie

Don't forget to be awesome.
    Years
  • Really the only thing that's bothering me so far is trying to get around Luminose City...especially in skates. I wish you could change the camera angle, but oh well! I'll just pay a taxi to take me everywhere.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • Biggest disappointment is that Bellossom wasn't retconned to Grass/Fairy... :(

Also Delphox's design was totally weird, It went from a teenage fire witch in training to a super old witch mage with a small head...

And the lack of new Pokemon... In Gen 5, they focused on the Starting all over again motif and in Gen 6, they focused on the Bringing back the Classics motif.... I wish they have made more... It seems they just made a Fairy and Dragon expansion pack imo

And for those who are saying the lack of whole 3D, I believe this is a transitioning period... Look, we went from simple pixels to colored pixels to 2d full color, and then to 2.5d, and now since we used 3d models instad of sprites, I guess you can call Gen 6 2.75 D :3

Back