• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bike or Walk

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
  • hey guys how often do you use your bike?
    I USED TO USE IT EVERY WHERE BUT NOW I WALK (ITS HEALTHIER OR IS IT)

Last edited by a moderator:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I usually run/walk, but I only use the bike when I'm either hatching eggs or need to get to other places quickly

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Bikes aren't specific to Black and White so imma throw this over to PGC. If this is already made and I missed it feel free to kill mr Syd. :3

As for me I use the bike as often as I can. Favorite feature in any games basically. XD;

Years
  • I like riding the bike for the speed, but I hate trying to manoeuvre around things and it gets annoying, so I usually run in towns and routes, then bike in caves.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 19, 2015
    Personally? I hate all the bike music, as well as trying to maneuver around things. Like doors. The bike in BW is my least favorite, and the Acro bike is the coolest. (I like bouncing and popping wheelies, partly because I can't ride a bike in real life.) The BW bike is too fast, and I only really use it when I'm crossing Skyarrow bridge. I tend to forget to get off of it, and wind up slamming into walls when I'm trying to get into a building.

I prefer using my Running Shoes everywhere, even when it increases an already-high encounter rate. (I don't run on Route 7, though. The encounter rate is too high already.) I have my running shoes set to 'always' in HG, so I don't wear out my B button quite AS much.

So, yeah, Running all the way.

Years
    • Age 40
    • Seen Jun 4, 2014
    In-game I hate the bicycle... it's beyond clunky.

In the real world, I love riding bicycles. I was an endurance racer growing up and even learned how to ride a bicycle on an adult mountain-cycle long before I could even walk without assistance.

Years
  • I love the bike, that's the reason I hate routes with really tall grass.

The reason why I love the bike, it's so I can get around faster!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Usually I run. If my bike is registered, I might use it, but in games with the Vs. Seeker, that's usually registered so eh. Too lazy to get the bike out in that case.

Ultimate Uchiha

Switchin' It Up
    Years
  • I usually prefer to walk than ride the bike especially in HG/SS when your pokemon follow you. I'm just not the biggest fan of the cycling music and I would rather not have to listen to it.

Zephele

✧ leave it to me!
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2013
    I always used to use the bike, but now I usually run unless I plan on going long distance, or if the road's straightforward enough to ride the bike on. I find the bike too fast at times, making it feel really clunky to zigzag through narrower pathways.

The one game in particular where I hardly use the bike is HeartGold - watching my Pokemon follow behind me is just too cute, haha.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I barely use my bike. I don't use it all in fact lol. I only use it when forced like as in the Cycling Road. I don't even pick it up in most games. (i.e ones where cycling road is an option).

Cid

Years
  • I used to always have the bike set to Select in older gens. Then I realized two generations after the introduction of running shoes that being on foot is more pleasing to lazy people like me. So after that discovery, I didn't use the bike as often. I still use it at times, but the walk-bike ratio is far from even.

Wendle

Not So Standard Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 22, 2018
    I've got into the habbit of pressing the B button down where ever I go.

RivalGator

I hate them all.
    Years
  • I tend to find myself running most of the time. I always forget that I have a bike. XD I will use it sometimes, but not always. I tend to have no flying types on my in-game team, so I find myself hoofing it a lot.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'm with PlatinumDuke on this one: I'll ride my bike if I need to hatch eggs. Otherwise I walk/run. As silly as it sounds, I tend to bump into a lot of stuff while riding bikes, so I'd rather just run.

psyanic

pop a wheelie on a zeitgeist
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 10, 2023
    I don't bike very often, oddly enough. Typically I run everywhere, because I have something else registered and just don't bother with registering the bike. Besides, it's easier to run now since you don't have to register anything!

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    More like how often do I use my running shoes over my bike. My bike is almost always out, and going. I hate how slow walking is, and running is almost just as, and I like to blast through the games.

Back