• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biking Simulator 2014

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    The only "problems" I have are those damn sandpits and that stupid fear of my 3DS breaking because of constantly holding Up on my D-Pad {XD}

PokéMew1

Pokémon Fuchsia
    Years
  • Yes, I'll just get straight to the point, I do mind biking to hatch eggs. I can see why Nintendo made it this way to hatch eggs, because honestly there couldn't really be a better way to do so.. But overall yes, I hate hatching eggs -_-

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • is 5 - 10 minutes to hatch 5 eggs at a time REALLY that big of a deal to people? I see so many posts talking about how long it takes to hatch eggs, but with infinite loops in both games and locking the control stick in a specific direction it's 5 - 10 minutes (depending on which pokemon) of auto hatching, what more do people really want? I'm personally thankful that the egg hatching is so fast now
    To hatch five eggs? Of course it's hardly a bother! But that's not an issue for those who do a lot of breeding (and I don't feel I can even count myself in that group, haha). Consider those who want to make a number of teams for multiplayer play. You tend to hatch eggs for the same species a number of times to maximise IVs, so you do that biking event over and over. Then consider that there have been better ways to go about it (e.g. Join Avenue!), and that really, holding a direction for five minutes or so is just flat out boring play. We play Pokemon for the exploration, the monsters and the battling, rather than to go around a loop yet again to get the Pokemon we want.

And then consider people who have been hatching eggs across multiple games, even generations of games. No wonder it can feel repetitive. =p

Truthfully I only do it while watching tv or something as a distraction. But it would be nice if they did something ala Join Avenue again. Infinite loops are nice, but really... it could be better.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
  • Ya I dont mind hatching eggs, but Im one of thos people with a lot of patience so its really no big deal. Plus using a bike and a pokemon with flame body makes hatching pretty quick most of the time.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    To hatch five eggs? Of course it's hardly a bother! But that's not an issue for those who do a lot of breeding (and I don't feel I can even count myself in that group, haha). Consider those who want to make a number of teams for multiplayer play. You tend to hatch eggs for the same species a number of times to maximise IVs, so you do that biking event over and over. Then consider that there have been better ways to go about it (e.g. Join Avenue!), and that really, holding a direction for five minutes or so is just flat out boring play. We play Pokemon for the exploration, the monsters and the battling, rather than to go around a loop yet again to get the Pokemon we want.

And then consider people who have been hatching eggs across multiple games, even generations of games. No wonder it can feel repetitive. =p

Truthfully I only do it while watching tv or something as a distraction. But it would be nice if they did something ala Join Avenue again. Infinite loops are nice, but really... it could be better.

I do hatch lots of eggs, I IV and egg move breed and have logged 999:59 hours on my game (a LOT more but the timer stops there) ad I hatch whole boxes of a species at a time until I get 5 - 6 IV pokemon with the egg moves and abilities I want and I'm not breeding for teams, I'm breeding every single species of pokemon in the entire game to be usable and to have their 5 - 6 IV stats, so don't tell me I don't know what it's like to breed a lot of pokemon, cause I absolutely do. Also, I never said to hold a direction for 5 minutes, I said to lock the control stick in a specific direction, as in fold up a piece of paper and gently slide it under the control stick and it's 5 - 10 minutes of auto hatching. You can go do other stuff while waiting for the game to automatically hatch your eggs for you, like look up the movesets for the next pokemon you're going to breed, watch TV, make dinner, text friends, go on facebook, whatever. Surely I can't be the only one on earth that figured out how to hatch eggs automatically rather than sitting there staring at the screen holding the control stick. How easy do you want it, really? Would you prefer to catch only level 100, fully evolved pokemon with limitless master balls? Would you rather they did away entirely with the mechanics of the game and not do ANY catching or breeding but rather at the start of the game you simply are given the lsit of all pokemon with perfect IVs stats, you select the moves you want and it's just given to you at level 100? No matter how easy they make breeding pokemon (especially in this gen) people always want it easier. I'll never understand that. "Hatching an entire box of Nosepass in the time it takes to watch a half hour sitcom? I WANT IT EASIER!!" yeesh!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Howmander said:
    I never said that you don't know that, I just made the point that it can be tedious when you do a lot of eggs. You said it's not hard at all for five, but I felt it was worth pointing out that people won't be bother by just five - five times a very large number is a different matter and can add up.

And I said myself that I do stuff like watch tv when hatching eggs. No need to rant like that though, I never exaggerated to that extent... (Although it's fair to not that while I don't use it myself, what you described with 'no catching, just a list of perfect Pokemon', etc, is an apt description for battle simulators like the sort used in Showdown. So yeah, people actually do like that.

At any rate, it's human nature to want to do things easier. Why else do people use powersaves or other external devices/programs to help them make perfect Pokemon? I dislike that sort of thing and much rather just do it as the game intended, but don't be surprised that people find it tedious to the point of discussing ways it could be better, or cheating to skip the process.

Last edited:
    Back