• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Biking Simulator 2014

Years
    • Seen Feb 24, 2019
    In the post game, people often hatch eggs for getting certain moves, IVs, or just to get a shiny Pokemon, which we all know is basically riding a bike in circles for hours in the Battle Resort. As tedious as it is, do you enjoy or not mind doing it? Or does it bother you?

I personally don't mind as long as I'm watching a movie/tv show or listening to a music album in the background.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    I don't mind doing it, especially since there is a certain part that you can just hold up and it goes around with no interruptions. However there are sand pits, so you slow down a bit, but at least you don't have to press anything else.
    I just tape down the Up D-Pad button and do something, most of the time I just make a snack and watch either Markiplier or GMM. :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    lol biking simulator

It's not as bad as in previous games since we have the infinite bike loop in the Battle Resort. Just hold up for a while and yer good. Breeding is still pretty boring though. But I do so much of it anyway.....

Years
    I know I'm not a competitive player who constantly hatches eggs, but that infinite loop in the Battle Resort doesn't really feel "infinite" because of a good chance you'd bump into a tree or having to constantly avoid obstacles.

I find it more inconvenient than the circle around Lumiose City's Prism Tower in X/Y.

Death

The Pale Horseman
    Years
    I find biking in Pokemon on its own to be completely boring since I've done it for a very long time already. I seem to not mind it if I'm watching TV or doing other things that require attention but not too much input from both of my hands.

I also find the Pokemon cries (in ORAS) to be very annoying after hours of biking around the battle resort, so I tend to just mute the game.

but that infinite loop in the Battle Resort doesn't really feel "infinite" because of a good chance you'd bump into a tree or having to constantly avoid obstacles.
    Also, the loop in the BR is infinite, there's just many instances that the loop can be broken by straying from it by even a centimeter. Such as letting go of the up button and entering another tile that deviates from the path which can cause the character to bump into something and completely stop.

Years
    I found out about the trick from resources, and it's an alright procedure. But I haven't done too much breeding in ORAS at all anyway, although I usually have attention of something else while i'm going about it.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I know I'm not a competitive player who constantly hatches eggs, but that infinite loop in the Battle Resort doesn't really feel "infinite" because of a good chance you'd bump into a tree or having to constantly avoid obstacles.

I find it more inconvenient than the circle around Lumiose City's Prism Tower in X/Y.
    As pointed earlier, it is infinite, you just need to pick the right 'line' to keep on. If you get it right once you hit a corner you hold up, and you'll continue going around while holding up until the end of time.

I do appreciate that they put this in, but I cannot understand why they put the sand pits there. It doesn't break the loop, but it does extend the time taken, and otherwise add nothing. It doesn't even make much sense; you'd think people tending the resort would want to remove piles of sand people get stuck in? It just makes me think 'why?'.

But really, I feel they could do better, and have done. It can be tedious to go about in circles to hatch a Pokemon, and it does add up when you want to make a team or few. Why not bring back aspects like Join Avenue in B2W2, which when levelled up an egg shop would instantly hatch a number of Pokemon for a small price each day? Or let NPCs be hireable to just do the biking about for you. Let people hatch Pokemon by themselves as well, but it certainly could be made easier.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    But really, I feel they could do better, and have done. It can be tedious to go about in circles to hatch a Pokemon, and it does add up when you want to make a team or few. Why not bring back aspects like Join Avenue in B2W2, which when levelled up an egg shop would instantly hatch a number of Pokemon for a small price each day? Or let NPCs be hireable to just do the biking about for you. Let people hatch Pokemon by themselves as well, but it certainly could be made easier.

I have to second this. I'm glad that they put the infinite lop and 2 daycares in the game but why do we have to go through all this effort? Why is egg hatching so time consuming in the first place? I guess they want to simulate how eggs hatch over time if they're carried by a good trainer but the amount of steps for some Pokemon is ridiculous :P

Years
    Good topic title! I recently started breeding for competitive battling mainly cause I want to battle and losing isn't fun. The loop, the O-powers and Flame Body all reduce hatching time but it still takes too long. For me, it would be enough if the faster hatching times of Flame Body and Magma Armour could stack to make the number of needed steps like a quater of what it usualy is. On a plus, they atleast brought back the option to make the L button work like the A button, meaning you only need 1 hand to hatch eggs.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    As much as I enjoyed riding a loop on a bike to hatch the egg in the Battle Resort, I find it a bit troublesome because the loop can be interrupted when I bump into people or walls when I'm looking away a bit. But I enjoyed it regardless, thanks to the Hatching Power that I've maxed to Lv. 3.

I also find the Pokemon cries (in ORAS) to be very annoying after hours of biking around the battle resort, so I tend to just mute the game.

It's one of my concerns when considering to make Battle Resort my hatching route, but I managed to make a route there without any worry of Pokémon alerts in the DexNav here and there, by riding on the upper floor of the Battle Resort (the one where Battle Maison is located, I think). The area is more limited, for sure, but I think it's still acceptable for a small egg-hatching loop.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2015
    It is pretty boring. They need an egg incubating key item to hatch eggs for you

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I don't mind it, though I miss the method we had in X and Y.
    ...Also, I don't do my breeding projects and biking simulator in the Battle Resort, but rather in the Route west of Mauville. Other than the fact that I HATE the quicksand-like sands in the Battle Resort, I like the music of the route and Verdanturf Town than in the Battle Resort. :3

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    As someone who did a lot of egg hatching back in Pearl/Diamond, I really appreciate the infinite egg loop. It makes the whole breeding process a bit less tedious. I love that you can use the continuous route and do something else to pass the time then.

Dracowyn

Hell's Traffic Accident
    Years
    The infinite loop is really handy in my opinion. But you do indeed need something else to keep you busy.

The X/Y one was more handy though, I just put a card under my circle pad so I'd go right on my own and wouldn't even have to hold a button. The battle resort one is pretty hard to do with the circle pad.

Stroker Ace

YOUR WORST NIGHTMARE, BUTTHORN
    Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2018
    All about that flame body, flame body, flame body, no waiting

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I don't mind it, though I miss the method we had in X and Y.
    ...Also, I don't do my breeding projects and biking simulator in the Battle Resort, but rather in the Route west of Mauville. Other than the fact that I HATE the quicksand-like sands in the Battle Resort, I like the music of the route and Verdanturf Town than in the Battle Resort. :3
    The Battle Resort does allow you to change the music however. Talking to an NPC a bit south of the Day Care will randomly change the song to one from a short list.

That is a welcome addition for myself. Hatching eggs has never been so dramatic when you throw in Wally's 90s rock-guitar theme. :V

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    Hatching eggs has never been so dramatic when you throw in Wally's 90s rock-guitar theme. :V

WAAAY better than the cycling theme or the Lumiose City theme. Man, I got so sick of the cycling theme 'til I found out about the track-changing at the Battle Resort. Lumiose though... Infinite loop without needing to constantly switch buttons whenever you hatch an egg (unlike ORAS' infinite loop) with the price of listening to Lumiose's theme over and over... and over... and over...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I almost forgot that you could change the Battle Resort music lol. I always listen to other stuff when breeding.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    is 5 - 10 minutes to hatch 5 eggs at a time REALLY that big of a deal to people? I see so many posts talking about how long it takes to hatch eggs, but with infinite loops in both games and locking the control stick in a specific direction it's 5 - 10 minutes (depending on which pokemon) of auto hatching, what more do people really want? I'm personally thankful that the egg hatching is so fast now

Back