• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[BIweekly Poll #15] Gym Battles

Years
  • [BIweekly Poll #15] Gym Battles

This time there isn't any real poll, I just want to hear what some of your favorite anime gym battles are!
    :)

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    ^what is that I don't even >__>

From my younger times, I found the battle versus Blaine most appealing. I mean, what the hell could be more epic and dangerous than fighting at the top of a volcano? Not a lot.

As for more recently, think Thunder Armor. XD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • I like Ash's battle against Fantina because of the way he used Counter Shield and how Fantina later used it against him.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • Who here didn't find the battle against Wattson hilarious?

That episode made me laugh. I haven't seen it for so long but I also like the battle of Ash vs Candice. That battle was pretty interesting to see. I liked how Chimchar managed to beat Candice and why Ash did you use a flying type up against a ice gym leader? I mean really? I also like the Volkner battle as well due to the fact how Infernape managed to pull a win against the gym leader.

GlalieX

Ruler of Illusion
    Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2012
    Ash vs Blaine, Flannery, Liza and Tate, and Volkner,

Years
  • Who here didn't find the battle against Wattson hilarious?
    That battle was probably the most realistic of the newer generations. Ash's Pikachu should be able to sweep through those teams with ease. I know that you guys are probably sick of everyone mentioning Pikachu's loss to Snivy, but there really was no reason why such seasoned battlers (Ash and Pikachu) should've to some complete rookies (Trip and Snivy).

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • There's a few for me. :3

Liza and Tate takes the number 1 spot, I mean Thunder Armor was just @_@ Amazing. ;D

Wattson's battle was quite good, although Pikachu was on steroids or something. [don't quote saying "hurr durr he was exposed to electricity from robotic raikou. i know he was]

Years
  • I like Ash's battle against Fantina because of the way he used Counter Shield and how Fantina later used it against him.

I agree with you, I actually watched that episode.

I also liked the Gym Battle against Crasher Wake, my favourite for DP.

Back