• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blastoise, Charizard, or Venusaur

Which of these is greatest?

• Blastoise

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Charizard

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Venusaur

Votes: 17 28.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    ...I forget Blastoise exists >>;

Venusaur, idk, it's better than the other grass final starters, but I pick Charizard, cause it's fire and it played a role in the Entei movie aaaand... it is cute? :3

Cataclysmic

A New Adventure
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2015
    Blastoise is one of my favorite Pokémon of all time. So many good memories with that thing.

Serene Grace

Pokémon Trainer
    Years
  • My vote goes to Charizard simply because I've had the most fun with this guy. When I first started playing the games (back with Pokemon Blue) I chose a Charmander, raised it and eventually turned it into a powerful Charizard. Even when I started watching the animé, I realized that Charmander was my favourite Pokemon, and even as a Charmeleon who was disobedient to Ash, I still thought it's rebellious form was very unique.

So, yeah, Charizard wins because of it's superior design, it's power in the games and, in the animé, it's striking personality that can be described as none other than "cool".

Years
  • Blastoise. Came from a Squirtle in the early days...I loved him to bits, Evolved him at Lv.50 to Wartortle, then used Rare Candy to turn him into Blastoise. I love Blastoise! You don't get Big Turtle's as shiny as that, do ya? ;)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Charizard, I always used to pick Charmander when I was a kid on pokemon RED version! I used to love using the guy in battles! I remember getting worked up over a friend who turned his into a HM slave :O

Dark Rukario

Lanturn Lover
    Years
  • Obviously it's Venusaur :D
    Actually, I like them all pretty equally - but Bulbasaur is my favourite of the three Kanto starters, so I voted for Venusaur :)

Years
  • In terms of competitive play,I choose Blastoise. But honestly i'd rather have a crazy Squirtle than a Blastoise. I kind of like Charizard for his design also with his ability to use dragon moves.

grey†fish

not black or white… or gray :]
    Years
  • When it comes to competitive play then there's pretty much no doubt that Venusaur is by far the most effective of the first generation staters;

Stylistically, I really like Charizard and Blastoise maybe even more then Venusaur (although I do have a soft spot for the big frog/plant thing); :P

But in the end, the fact that Venusaur is part-Poison just makes him loveable, and I agree with whoever said the Venudad was the coolest Pokédad… he is.

When it comes to competitive play then there's pretty much no doubt that Venusaur is by far the most effective of the first generation staters;

Stylistically, I really like Charizard and Blastoise maybe even more then Venusaur (although I do have a soft spot for the big frog/plant thing); :P

But in the end, the fact that Venusaur is part-Poison just makes him loveable, and I agree with whoever said the Venudad was the coolest Pokédad… he is.

Last edited:

MasterSceptile

Pokémon Master/Glitch Hunter
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 9, 2019
    Venusaur! Grass types will always reign in my game! (sorry for the horrible rhyme!)

Black Prince

±♠ サヨナラ ♠±
    Years
  • I don't have anything against Blastoise or Venusaur.
    And between the Water and the Fire, I prefer the Water.
    But, Charizard looks better than Blastoire and Venusaur.
    He looks better with his design, and he can fly. x)
    I would really enjoy flying on the back of a Charizard.
    Well, anyway, in my opinion, Charizard (not a cheat one like Ash's) is better.​

TrilbyMenetti

HeartGold trainer
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Mar 3, 2011
    I quite like all of them, but Venusaur is my favourite of the three. A good annoyer/defensive Pokemon and its design is less obvious then the other two. Plus, he was my first ever Pokemon back in Red years ago and I am planning to use him on my team at the moment in HeartGold.

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • Charizard's one hell of a kickass dragon. Good move pool, and he's a flying type.

Blastoise is a close second but only because of those cannons

Venusaur is also good, but I've had somewhat of a hatred for grass types for some reason. ;;

Back