• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blaziken or Infernape?

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
Years
  • Did Blaziken have to be replaced so soon?

Well anyways I perfer Blaziken over Infernape, it looked badass the first time i saw it in the anime

and to me Infernape looks like a monkey on fire. which it is lol

so which do you prefer?
    -Blaziken
    -Infernape
    -I really dont care for fire types

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
  • In looks, Blaziken is better. But in a battle, Infernape pwns Blaziken easily :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Did Blaziken have to be replaced so soon?

Well anyways I perfer Blaziken over Infernape, it looked badass the first time i saw it in the anime

and to me Infernape looks like a monkey on fire. which it is lol

so which do you prefer?
    -Blaziken
    -Infernape
    -I really dont care for fire types

I like them both, but mostly Infernape because it looks pwnsome and the fact hes an ape =P . and in-game Infernape is faster than Blaziken but doesnt hit harder than Blaziken.

CrazyCarretta

It works!
    Years
  • I prefer Infernape, although i'm not crazy about any other fire starters except charmander and cyndaquil. It's mainly because Infernape looks cooler to me, I'm not that big into stats.

Ayselipera

For the most part Blaziken and Infernape are the same. So for me it all came down to design. For some reason I prefer a fire chicken over a fire monkey.

XxDawnfanxX

The stubborn Pokemon Trainer
    Years
  • I like both, I chose Chimchar in my Diamond and Platinum and Torchic in my Sapphire. I love choosing the fire types and both are very cool and good to have aboard when they become Blaziken and Infernape.

DonRoyale

Get on my choppa!
    Years
  • Despite my hate for Fire starters in general, I do like Infernape, because it's actually good.

We have Blaziken to compare to, who is an ugly rave chicken with parachute pants. It also gets owned by Infernape in battle because Infernape is faster and has a (far) superior movepool. Blaziken lacks the pure stats and Close Combat to be of any real use. It has Brave Bird (and Swords Dance, if I remember correctly), but that's about all it has over Infernape...:\

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
    Years
  • For being an ape, Infernape doesn't really seem all that powerful, as an ape should be. I'm not too fond of Infernape, or Blaziken for that matter, but I have to go based on looks; Blaziken wins it for me.

roacherman

Time Guardian
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2010
    This so should have been a poll

I choose blaziken. IMO a karate chicken beats fire breathing monkey any day. Plus Infernape looks like some clown, while blaziken has that bad ass look about it.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Mar 29, 2019
    I'm not that fond of fire types in general, but blazekin wins for the sole fact it's not a monkey =P

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Blaziken.

For a start, Infernape's just a copy, and copying the 3rd Gen. is pathetic.

Also, Blaziken learns Blaze Kick

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Blaziken based on looks, Infernape for usefulness in battle. I used Blaziken as a starter in Sapphire, but never used Infernape in-game in Pearl or Platinum. So in the end I guess I'll go with Blaziken.

Back