• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

bliss is for purseys(OU)

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    My strategy is straight forward sweeping with pokemon with great type coverage and speed.

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Alakazam.Focus Sash
    Timid
    Inner Focus

SPD 4 / SpA 252 / Spe 216

Focus Blast
    Fire Blast
    Psychic
    Signal Beam

His job is to set up screens, then depending on the lead ill switch or attack. I'm not 100% sure about psychic + signal beam combo, i probably need a better coverage so tips to help hit more common leads would be extremely helpful. I like to KO the lead, and then bring him out later after his threats are gone to sweep.

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Salamence.Leftovers
    Mild
    Intimidate

Atk 84 / SpA 216 / Spe 208

Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Earthquake
    Roost

mence :3 Straight forward mixed attacker. Draco Meteor for high special stab, earthquake after draco so im not forced to switch. Roost for recovery. Fire blast for coverage.

[URL="https://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/130.shtml"]bliss is for purseys(OU)[/URL]
    Gyarados.Life Orb
    Intimidate
    Sand Stream

4 Def / 252 Atk / Spe 252

Water Fall
    Dragon Dance
    Ice Fang
    Stone Edge

My life orb sweeper, i added him in to take care of scizor and other weaknesses in my team.

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Jolteon.Choice Specs
    Timid
    Volt Absorb

Def 4 / SpA 252 / Spe 252

Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Grass
    Baton Pass

Shadow ball is for psychic and ghost pokes, hidden power ice for grass, dragon, ground and flying types. Thunderbolt for STAB.

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Starmie.Choice Scarf
    Modest
    Natural Cure

HP 4 / SpA 252 / Spe 252

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunder Bolt
    Trick

Scarf sweeper out for revenge. My second revenge sweeper and he doubles as a wall counter. I'm using surf for stab, thunder bolt for other waters, ice beam for dragons and grass types. I usually revenge and then switch to something else, to save trick for later in the game to really screw up a wall.

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Machamp.Choice Band
    Adamant
    Guts

HP 252 / Atk 252 / Spe 4

Close Combat
    Payback
    Ice Punch
    ThunderPunch

Choice Sweeper. Close Combat for stab, Payback for psychics/ghost, Ice punch for Gliscor/dragons and thunder punch for Gyarados.

Threats....ummm maybe trick, stall and wall poke-e-mans?

Last edited:

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I take it you've never tested Roar Jolteon? It has a negative priority, so it bypasses Jolteon's high Speed and always goes last. Dry Passing with Baton Pass is a much more appealing option than hoping Roar is nice to you (unless you have entry hazards to abuse, but you don't). Also, Focus Sash is rather unwise (especially on a team with Tyranitar) - use Life Orb or Choice Specs instead. Jolteon will have a lot more power to deal with its foes, and if it runs into Swampert, you can always switch out (though you currently have trouble with it actually).

...And I also would not advise that you switch Tyranitar into Scizor EVER. U-Turn is going to waste Tyranitar, and Bullet Punch is going to deactivate the berry and still shave off a fair portion of health. I mean Reflect could be up I guess, but you're cheating yourself if you assume that. Sepaking of which, Alakazam needs Light Clay or its screens aren't going to last long at all. Leftovers hardly makes a differenceon something as frail as Alakazam.

To fix your Scizor and Swampert weaknesses, I would replace Jolteon with a defensive Zapdos:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Roost

It also gives you some longevity, which is sorely lacking right now. Your team also lacks Pokemon with any kind of staying power at all except for Tyranitar, so Zapdos will help make your team more defensively capable.

As for Machamp's EVs, the Speed is useless since Skarmory often runs 16 Speed EVs anyway, so you might as well move it to HP (keep 4 Speed EVs to beat 0 Spd Blissey) to increase Machamp's bulk, as it is your only hope at all against Tyranitar.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    I really apperate the reply anti.
    I fixed alot my pokes with you're advice.

To fix your Scizor and Swampert weaknesses, I would replace Jolteon with a defensive Zapdos:

Zapdos @ Leftovers
    Trait: Pressure
    EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spd
    Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
    - Thunderbolt
    - Heat Wave
    - Hidden Power [Grass]
    - Roost

It also gives you some longevity, which is sorely lacking right now. Your team also lacks Pokemon with any kind of staying power at all except for Tyranitar, so Zapdos will help make your team more defensively capable.

I'm making this team for online play, so finding a zapdos with hidden power grass and bold would be extremely hard. So help fixing jolteon around my team would be great.

...And I also would not advise that you switch Tyranitar into Scizor EVER. U-Turn is going to waste Tyranitar, and Bullet Punch is going to deactivate the berry and still shave off a fair portion of health.
    So what should i do with tyranitar then?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • I really apperate the reply anti.
    I fixed alot my pokes with you're advice.

I'm making this team for online play, so finding a zapdos with hidden power grass and bold would be extremely hard. So help fixing jolteon around my team would be great.

So what should i do with tyranitar then?

Well, Jolteon isn't going to be beating Scizor. Gyarados is an easier alternative to your Scizor problems (though it doesn't last as long), but it takes advantage of dual screens very nicely and sets up on Swampert and pals. You could even replace Tyranitar with it - it doesn't really matter as long as you fix your weaknesses.

As for Tyranitar, DDTar doesn't really counter Scizor because of Babiri Berry, but it does allow Tyranitar to shake off a Bullet Punch, hammer Scizor, and continue with the sweep. Your team doesn't really support DDTar at all though. (You have nothing that lures out and kills its counters like Swampert and Hippowdon). It's probably the best choice as something you'd want to replace to put in Gyarados, as Sandstorm only hurts your team and not being supported at all with damper its effectiveness.

Also, Hidden Power Grass on Starmie is a waste. Tyranitar (despite being weak to the attack), Scizor, and Weavile can come in all day on it and Pursuit your only Gyarados/Salamence defense away. Ice Beam has the same consequences, but at least it's useful. If you're going to use a Grass-type move, Grass Knot is almost always better, but Thunderbolt should be used over either one or Gyarados will be a huge problem (though Jolteon revenge kills Adamant ones effectively).

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    For Alakazam , you might need to keep Signal beam to hit LeadZelf and Weavile , or change it to Thunderbolt to Hit Aero . this is kinda confusing ....

you might also need to switch one of Machamp's move to Bullet Punch for Priority . switch Ice Punch to Bullet Punch since you got many pokemon packed with Ice moves

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • For Alakazam , you might need to keep Signal beam to hit LeadZelf and Weavile , or change it to Thunderbolt to Hit Aero . this is kinda confusing ....

you might also need to switch one of Machamp's move to Bullet Punch for Priority . switch Ice Punch to Bullet Punch since you got many pokemon packed with Ice moves

Alakazam does not learn Thunderbolt. Psychic beats it anyway.

Also, using an unSTABed 40 base power attack that offers absolutely no additional coverage is kind of silly, don't you think?

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Alakazam does not learn Thunderbolt. Psychic beats it anyway.

Also, using an unSTABed 40 base power attack that offers absolutely no additional coverage is kind of silly, don't you think?

oh yeah , I havent battled with these two before , so I got no experience with them :s

I think a Priority could be good , but since it isnt STAB , it would be useless .....

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • I think Anti has covered pretty muh everything here but one thing I would like to add is that I think you should aim for No Guard ability over guts on Machamp, and then also swap out Close Combat for DynamicPunch. This way he nevers misses, he doesn't suffer the defense drops, and anything he somehow fails to kill will get confused.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    bliss is for purseys(OU)
    My strategy is to set up reflect and light screen with Alakazam, either switch after that or damage/KO their lead. After that its straight forward sweeping with pokemon with great type coverage and speed.

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Alakazam.Light Clay
    Timid
    Inner Focus

HP 252 / SpD 40 / Spe 216

Reflect
    Light Screen
    Psychic
    Signal Beam

His job is to set up screens, then depending on the lead ill switch or attack. I'm not 100% sure about psychic + signal beam combo, i probably need a better coverage so tips to help hit more common leads would be extremely helpful. I like to KO the lead, and then bring him out later after his threats are gone to sweep.

Umm...well okay ;;

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Salamence. Life Orb
    Mild
    Intimidate

Atk 80/ SpA 252/ Spe 176

Draco Meteor
    Fire Blast
    Brick Break
    Roost

mence :3 Straight forward mixed attacker. Draco Meteor for high special stab, earthquake after draco so im not forced to switch. Roost for recovery. Fire blast for coverage.

You've mixed Old and New MixMence, Life Orb really grants the power to sure some KO's and you should use Fire Blast >>> Flamethrower for extra power and Brick Break >>> Earthquake as you get more coverage.

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Tyranitar.Babiri Berry
    Adamant
    Sand Stream

HP 6 / 252 Atk / Spe 252

Crunch
    Stone Edge
    Dragon Dance
    Fire Punch

Physical attacker/Scizor counter. Babiri berry to shut scizor down. Crunch plus stone edge for stab. Aqua tail for fires and fire punch for steels(scizor). All around power house.

Turn it in DDTar, makes a pretty good clean-up sweeper. Reflect/Light Screen from Zam support helps =)

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Jolteon.Choice Specs
    Timid
    Volt Absorb

Def 4 / SpA 252 / Spe 252

Thunderbolt
    Shadow Ball
    Hidden Power Ice
    Baton Pass

Shadow ball is for psychic and ghost pokes, hidden power ice for grass, dragon, ground and flying types. Thunderbolt for STAB.

k.

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Starmie.Choice Scarf
    Modest
    Natural Cure

HP 4 / SpA 252 / Spe 252

Surf
    Ice Beam
    Thunderbolt
    Trick

Scarf sweeper out for revenge. My second revenge sweeper and he doubles as a wall counter. I'm using surf for stab, hidden power grass for other waters, ice beam for dragons and grass types. I usually revenge and then switch to something else, to save trick for later in the game to really screw up a wall.

Use Tbolt to kill Gyarados and you can change Jolteon to HP Grass to kill Swampert =)

bliss is for purseys(OU)
    Machamp.Choice Band
    Adamant
    Guts

HP 252 / Atk 252 / Spe 4

Close Combat
    Payback
    Ice Punch
    ThunderPunch

Choice Sweeper. Close Combat for stab, Payback for psychics/ghost, Ice punch for Gliscor/dragons and thunder punch for Gyarados.

K.

Threats....ummm maybe trick, stall and wall poke-e-mans?
    Changes in bold.

Okay for one thing, three Choice users needs quite a bit of prediction and gives quite some opportunity for your opponent to bring in something and set-up on you when your locked in.

I suggest Zapdos >>> Jolteon like Anti suggested, it's for Wi-Fi I know but it would help your team quite a bit so maybe try ;)

I think Anti has covered pretty muh everything here but one thing I would like to add is that I think you should aim for No Guard ability over guts on Machamp, and then also swap out Close Combat for DynamicPunch. This way he nevers misses, he doesn't suffer the defense drops, and anything he somehow fails to kill will get confused.
    I disagree, the CB set runs all attacks with 100% accuracy so just changing it to get a different attack is pretty stupid :/ Plus without Guts, this Champ has to fear burns and CC packs more power and the defense drop doesn't matter much because he smacks something and switches out usually. Plus Guts boost + CB makes Champy a beast =)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    I wish smogon would remove that lolmence set, its awful lol :/

Salamence@Life Orb
    80 ATT / 252 SP.ATT / 176 SPEED
    Rash Nature
    - Brick Break
    - Draco Meteor
    - Fire Blast
    - Roost

What Pokedra said basically, that and without Brick Break you are quite at risk from a Tyranitar being able to switch in and Pursuit you LOL! (<--was a joke, but it is kinda true because eq does do much to it o_o). That and without Brick Break its a poor stall breaker and cant get past Blissey/Lax.

Jolly > Adamant on DDTar or its not worth using, you fail to outspeed anything (heck when Garchomp was ou the Jolly unscarfed set of that still outsped you. :/) Jolly at least lets you beat base 115's after a DD (Azelf, Raikou and Starmie) which is way better.

Azelf@Light Clay
    252 HP /6 DEF / 252 SPEED
    Jolly Nature
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Explosion / Taunt
    - Stealth Rock

^ Is better than Zam, since it does exactly the same thing and gives you SR which every team needs and helps ensure some ko's, being without it in the current metagame is very foolish.

Greene1516

Scratching the surface...
    Years
  • I disagree, the CB set runs all attacks with 100% accuracy so just changing it to get a different attack is pretty stupid :/ Plus without Guts, this Champ has to fear burns and CC packs more power and the defense drop doesn't matter much because he smacks something and switches out usually. Plus Guts boost + CB makes Champy a beast =)

You make a good point actually and thinking about it now I actually agree with you. I guess with the Guts ability he can also soak up status.

Years
  • I would change your lead to a swampert with stealth rocks to healp your team out earthquake for tyraintars icebeam for what ever e-quake doesnt hit and roar to help phaze out the guys trying to stat up.

Mages4ever

Looking for a Challenge!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2012
    One thing totally off topic here.
    Your Gyarados says it has Sand Stream.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
  • ...Alakazam does not learn Fire Blast -_-

And really, you shouldn't be leading with an attacker Alakazam anyway. It's going to get massacred by all of the bulky leads.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    ...Alakazam does not learn Fire Blast -_-

And really, you shouldn't be leading with an attacker Alakazam anyway. It's going to get massacred by all of the bulky leads.

^

That and Azelf still outclassed it when leading 100000% of the time.

Mence set is still poor.

Pirate Dave

かいぞく デイヴ
    Years
  • ^

That and Azelf still outclassed it when leading 100000% of the time.

Mence set is still poor.

Encore. If you're gonna have a Dual-Screens Alakazam it needs Encore. Azelf is too smelly to learn that, but it's not too smelly to learn the rest of the set, so unless you're gonna use Encore you want smelly Azelf.

*Doesn't like Azelf*

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    Encore. If you're gonna have a Dual-Screens Alakazam it needs Encore. Azelf is too smelly to learn that, but it's not too smelly to learn the rest of the set, so unless you're gonna use Encore you want smelly Azelf.

*Doesn't like Azelf*

:/

And Azelf gets SR which every team needs.

Kill.Mate.Repeat.

Is A ******
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2010
    Hey, lets use our heads and at least use a SR Lead. Your Alakazam is totally outclassed by Azelf, unless your trying to have the fastest dual screener (which is what Alakazam beats Azelf out at.) But hey if you dont like Azelf and in the same token dont want to run Dual Screens, your lead sucks. Also, if i recall correctly, he also doesnt learn Fire Blast.

Anyway, this looks kinda like a poor attempt to use Hyper Offense. If you do run screens though, make Salamence the DD variety and concider switching TTar out for another sweeper. Sandstream is only hindering your team and Salamence especially. Every time you try to switch him in with Stealth Rock up you lose 31% or so of damage instead of 25%. And if you dont predict correctly and lose a few points, then you just ruined a Salamence, and its partly your own fault.

EDIT: He updated after i posted.

Last edited:
    Back