• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Booster Pack/"Look What I Just Got!" Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
I opened some of the new products from Sun and Moon. I opened the Lunala Elite Trainer Box it had a Lurantis and an Incineroar Gx.

I also opened the Zygarde Pin box and got a Tauros Full art.

I also opened the other 4 promo card packs.

Not a huge fan of the new full arts to be honest. The blue border instead of gold around the Pokémon, the background is really boring, like just a solid pastel color, the holo foil overall just makes diagonal streaks it kind of overpowers the picture, the black line around the card is kind of ugly as well. That being said I do like the ridge pattern on the Pokémon themselves.

I also really like the full art supporters though, at least they kept those the same.
But with so many cards I doubt I'll bother to try and complete the set.

Last edited:
Years
So, a week late, but here are my prerelease pulls:

From the Prerelease packs: Gigalith, reverse holo Decidueye, Incineroar, Big Malasada, Exp Share, Hau, Great Ball, Lillie, Repel, Ilima, Ultra Ball, reverse holo Lilie, Lillie, Nest Ball, Timer Ball, Nest Ball, Lanturn x2, and the Passimian prerelease promo.

Post prerelease (3 bonus packs for playing and 2 more for a top 4 finish):

Pack 1: reverse holo Rainbow Energy, Incineroar, Crushing Hammer
Pack 2: Lanturn, Lillie, Crushing Hammer
Pack 3: reverse holo Switch, Vikavolt, Ilima
Pack 4: Butterfree, Rare Candy
Pack 5: Parasect, Poison Barb

The league I played at also was giving out old league promos free to all participants, and I wound up with a Gym Badge with Lt. Surge on it. I also came away with a 4th Place Lucario for finishing 4th. Link related, it's a pic of the two promos: http://i.imgur.com/AfB608X.jpg?1

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I opened 2 more of the Sun and Moon 3 pack blisters. As well as 5 single packs.

The first had Lapras Full Art and the second had Solgaleo Gx and Lurantis Full Art,

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Sep 16, 2017
Opened a Mega Latios collection Box and pulled

Beautifly Holo rare 5/108 Roaring Skies
Heatran Holo rare 63/119 Phantom Forces

Nothing to impressive but I had to try for that shaymin out of the roaring skies packs

Years
Opened the Evolutions pack that came from the code in the newsletter email from earlier this month.

The rare was Dugtrio, the reverse was Koffing, and the Trainers were Switch, Blastoise Spirit Link, and Energy Retrieval.

Opened a Mega Latios collection Box and pulled

Beautifly Holo rare 5/108 Roaring Skies
Heatran Holo rare 63/119 Phantom Forces

Nothing to impressive but I had to try for that shaymin out of the roaring skies packs

Still probably cheaper to buy several of those and hope for a Shaymin than to buy a single shaymin, haha.

Florges

The Garden Pokémon
Years
My fiance bought me the Solgaleo Elite Trainer box as my Valentine's Day present! This is probably the best pulls I have ever had for any game.

Spoiler:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
I'm relatively new (hadn't realised they thinned the borders)

I got a Solgaleo ETB.

Attached (hopefully) are some of the cards I though looked good. I was very happy with the foil Decidueye GXsince it came from my one Decidueye art work pack lol (and apparently it's sought after)

Attachments

• 148743574924082504436.jpg
    148743574924082504436.jpg
    989.3 KB · Views: 13
Years
Opened a Magearna Mythical Collection Box. Didn't notice it until I opened it, but the Magearna promo was miscut, and the Shaymin promo slot was double stacked with a second Shaymin included, and then there was a Manaphy promo hidden behind the Fates Collide Booster.

Anyway, onto the packs in the box.

Breakthrough Pack: reverse holo Professor's Letter, Simipour, and Skyla.

Fates Collide Pack: Grumpig

Steam Siege Pack: Hydreigon

Evolutions Pack 1: Starmie, Charizard Spirit Link, Double Colorless Energy

Evolutions Pack 2: reverse holo Fire Energy, Ninetales, Professor Oak's Hint

A bit of a disappointing box overall.

Opened a Sol Galeo ETB and pulled a
secret rare Psychic energy and sol galeo GX
https://imgur.com/a/VksDg
https://youtu.be/zCpQbcoKXsE

I didn't know this set had a secret rare Psychic Energy. That's just shot up to the top of my "MUST BUY" list now.

I'm relatively new (hadn't realised they thinned the borders)

I got a Solgaleo ETB.

Attached (hopefully) are some of the cards I though looked good. I was very happy with the foil Decidueye GXsince it came from my one Decidueye art work pack lol (and apparently it's sought after)

The Decidueye is pretty neat.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 17, 2017
My first Sun and Moon pack (as well as the first pack for getting back into the physical game) had this:

20170225_074948.jpg

Down at my local LGS I traded it for a Primarina GX and a Oranguru from the theme deck (non foil). Just before I was about to leave this kid asked if I traded for the Primarina GX and said that he really needed it. I said that I was planning to use it... that is until he made an offer I couldn't refuse:

Spoiler:

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
Years
My first Sun and Moon pack (as well as the first pack for getting back into the physical game) had this:

20170225_074948.jpg

Down at my local LGS I traded it for a Primarina GX and a Oranguru from the theme deck (non foil). Just before I was about to leave this kid asked if I traded for the Primarina GX and said that he really needed it. I said that I was planning to use it... that is until he made an offer I couldn't refuse:

Spoiler:

Damn fine deal. Only Solgaleo I have is online.

Maybe I can get something for my Decidueye and Espeon GXs...if I went to my local store lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Today I opened the Solgaleo Etb and got a badlt cut Gold Psychic energy and a holo.

Then I opened a Litten 3 pack. Bought it because it was laying on the shelf and not hanging up with the others. It had the gold Ultra Ball...

I'm on an ipad so can't post a picture on here but it's on my Twitter.

I also opened the Lycanroc box about a week ago and it had a gold Gyarados.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back