• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bravely Second

Bay

Years
    i think you can get a bikini outfit too for one of the girls eventually, i got it but i do not remember where or for who[/CENTER]

In first game you can get the bikini for Edea by rebattling DeRose in either Ch 5 or Ch 6. I still remember that when doing two playthroughs of the game haha.

Since I'm here, I finally started Bravely Second Thursday night and enjoying it so far. In the first chapter so far, am training both Edea and Tiz Fencer (mostly so I can get two of the passive abilities, oh my gosh taking a while lol) while Magnolia and Yew I switch between Bishop and Wizard. I got Red Mage from the first sidequest, but I'm holding it off for now. Will be going against the first Ba'al monster soon.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    In first game you can get the bikini for Edea by rebattling DeRose in either Ch 5 or Ch 6. I still remember that when doing two playthroughs of the game haha.

Since I'm here, I finally started Bravely Second Thursday night and enjoying it so far. In the first chapter so far, am training both Edea and Tiz Fencer (mostly so I can get two of the passive abilities, oh my gosh taking a while lol) while Magnolia and Yew I switch between Bishop and Wizard. I got Red Mage from the first sidequest, but I'm holding it off for now. Will be going against the first Ba'al monster soon.

have fun!
    i recommend using fencer and hunter together
    i like how the fencer moves go with bow weapons and stuff, like really good looking and smooth {XD}​

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    [CENTER
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I got the Bikini outfit but I think I only used it once. Edea's job outfits are by and large fine.

There are very few DS games which I always play with the sound on but Bravely Default has great music across the board. The Hartschild Town music is wonderfully heroic and Tiz's theme that plays when he does a special move is really good as well.

Random note - The game can't seem to stop giving me Spears. As well as the Longelid from the Blue chest I have got the Donnerschlag from Norende and a second Holy Lance from Einheria.

I'm in Chapter 6 and my team is:

Agnes - Valkyrie/White Mage - She is doing a surprising amount of damage when attacking and has top notch healing. The Silver Glaive weapon gives a welcome boost in magic defence.

Tiz - Templar/Pirate - Tanks everything. Rampart is a very useful move and the Pirate class debuffs help soften bosses up. He has Protect Ally too as well as Excalibur equipped for a Holy Knight.

Ringabel - Dark Knight/Thief - Deals tremendous damage with the Dark Arts with Tiz's Protect Ally coming in use if his HP drops too low. Thief is just there for Boss Steals but has come up with some useful items like an Iceflame Shield. Weapon - Night Emperor.

Edea - Valkyrie/Vampire - Two Valkyries on one team. Vampire moves seem to do a better job than Summons do but the move Bone Crush disappointingly does not work on Bosses. Has the Donnerschlag or Longelid equipped depending on who I'm fighting to hit practically everything hard.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    [/spoiler]

I got the Bikini outfit but I think I only used it once. Edea's job outfits are by and large fine.

There are very few DS games which I always play with the sound on but Bravely Default has great music across the board. The Hartschild Town music is wonderfully heroic and Tiz's theme that plays when he does a special move is really good as well.

Random note - The game can't seem to stop giving me Spears. As well as the Longelid from the Blue chest I have got the Donnerschlag from Norende and a second Holy Lance from Einheria.

I'm in Chapter 6 and my team is:

Agnes - Valkyrie/White Mage - She is doing a surprising amount of damage when attacking and has top notch healing. The Silver Glaive weapon gives a welcome boost in magic defence.

Tiz - Templar/Pirate - Tanks everything. Rampart is a very useful move and the Pirate class debuffs help soften bosses up. He has Protect Ally too as well as Excalibur equipped for a Holy Knight.

Ringabel - Dark Knight/Thief - Deals tremendous damage with the Dark Arts with Tiz's Protect Ally coming in use if his HP drops too low. Thief is just there for Boss Steals but has come up with some useful items like an Iceflame Shield. Weapon - Night Emperor.

Edea - Valkyrie/Vampire - Two Valkyries on one team. Vampire moves seem to do a better job than Summons do but the move Bone Crush disappointingly does not work on Bosses. Has the Donnerschlag or Longelid equipped depending on who I'm fighting to hit practically everything hard.
    i always play games with sound on , on 3DS
    playing is other wise no fun, i need something in the background
    also makes the game more lively
    and the music of these bravely games are extraordinary, seriously, who would mute that is an idiot :|

i never really did anything with vampire job
    i do not get it at all, like what is the use of it

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I like how this game is fully voiced. It adds character to the players and helps make chasing after the subquests more fun.

The Vampire job from what I can tell is pretty much the Final Fantasy Blue Mage job with the added ability to 'Charm' your enemies. It is not something I use a lot on Edea but moves like Hellfire offer a nice alternative to Crescent Moon without using BP.

I am in Chapter 7 having unlocked the Vestal Garb for Agnes and a bunch of equipment including the Blood Sword for Ringabel. I have just beat Einheria and her team in Eternia. My team:

Agnes - White Mage/Performer
    Tiz - Knight/ Templar
    Ringabel - Dark Knight/ Spell Fencer
    Edea - Valkyrie/Vampire

Agnes buffs and heals, Tiz is practically all defence, takes very little damage and keeps Ringabel alive with Protect Ally. Ringabel is my damage dealer along with Edea. Both have the useful and amusing 'See You in Hell' ability where they jump up and damage all enemies on KO.

The Dark Knight Class has been a huge boost to my team. Minus Strike in particular is an excellent ability. Having now unlocked all jobs I can see myself using this set-up until the end-game.

Bay

Years
    I too used the Vampire job mostly for monster abilities since they don't use BP except for one or two of them. I had Edea used it in my first playthrough and then Ringabel in my second one, haha.

Progress report on Bravely Second- got the Hawkeye job last night and I'm really enjoying that job. Something tells me I'll be using it for almost the rest of the bosses. Took a break from progressing more of the story and backtrack some places where I missed some of the monsters' entries (man, sometimes it takes a while to get certain monsters you want lol). I think I'll be doing the Ranger/Black Mage sidequest next and then the group go to the next main story dungeon.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    [/spoiler]

I like how this game is fully voiced. It adds character to the players and helps make chasing after the subquests more fun.

The Dark Knight Class has been a huge boost to my team. Minus Strike in particular is an excellent ability. Having now unlocked all jobs I can see myself using this set-up until the end-game.
    i agree with your comment about the voices!
    also, i never used dark knight, again, its outfit was not appealing to me and moves were not attracting me at all​

I too used the Vampire job mostly for monster abilities since they don't use BP except for one or two of them. I had Edea used it in my first playthrough and then Ringabel in my second one, haha.

Progress report on Bravely Second- got the Hawkeye job last night and I'm really enjoying that job. Something tells me I'll be using it for almost the rest of the bosses. Took a break from progressing more of the story and backtrack some places where I missed some of the monsters' entries (man, sometimes it takes a while to get certain monsters you want lol). I think I'll be doing the Ranger/Black Mage sidequest next and then the group go to the next main story dungeon.
    hawkeye is awesome don't you think huh
    with what job you think you are going to mix it with or with which one are you doing it now?​

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Whilst I feel the Dark Knight outfit looks excellent on Tiz and Ringabel it looks odd on the girls. It looks somewhat strange seeing them in their Dark Armour with their hair still out of the helmet especially Edea's blonde hair.

I am now in Chapter 8 and had an exciting battle with the Eternian Knights which had a frantic ending:
    Spoiler:

Onto the next one.

Bay

Years
    hawkeye is awesome don't you think huh
    with what job you think you are going to mix it with or with which one are you doing it now?​

I mixed it with Chariot for a bit and then with Ranger (and vice versa). Hawkeye and Ranger mixed together does make a great combo when going against the random encounter enemies, especially since I've been trying to get most of the monster entries. Certain insects and plants are tough to make them appear, haha.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    [/spoiler]

Whilst I feel the Dark Knight outfit looks excellent on Tiz and Ringabel it looks odd on the girls. It looks somewhat strange seeing them in their Dark Armour with their hair still out of the helmet especially Edea's blonde hair.

I am now in Chapter 8 and had an exciting battle with the Eternian Knights which had a frantic ending:
    Spoiler:

Onto the next one.
    sounds like you really are enjoying the game huh
    have you bought bravely second already? {XD}
    and i also do not like it when hair is coming out of an outfit , looks weird
    but then again, i do not fancy the hairstyle of edea anyways

i love the braid magnolia gets with hawkeye, looks cute as hell​

I mixed it with Chariot for a bit and then with Ranger (and vice versa). Hawkeye and Ranger mixed together does make a great combo when going against the random encounter enemies, especially since I've been trying to get most of the monster entries. Certain insects and plants are tough to make them appear, haha.

i just love the element effects you can get because of hawkeye on your weapons and then on a bow it looks hot and sexy {XD}​

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I have completed the game including the True Final Boss with a party of White Mage/Performer (Agnes), Dark Knight/Monk (Ringabel), Valkyrie/Salve Maker (Edea) and Templar/Freelancer (Tiz)

It was a greatly enjoyable game and nearly all of the Eternian bosses get some great lines. The Thief in particular gets some excellent 'You're done, now get out of here.' lines late on.

I have not got Bravely Second yet but will likely get it at some point this week.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    I haven't play the first game much, but I did like it. So, I was planning to get the second this weekend.
    and did you get it? enjoying it? :D​

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I have completed the game including the True Final Boss with a party of White Mage/Performer (Agnes), Dark Knight/Monk (Ringabel), Valkyrie/Salve Maker (Edea) and Templar/Freelancer (Tiz)

It was a greatly enjoyable game and nearly all of the Eternian bosses get some great lines. The Thief in particular gets some excellent 'You're done, now get out of here.' lines late on.

I have not got Bravely Second yet but will likely get it at some point this week.

did you get it yet? :D im sure you will love it
    did you find the final boss hard? i certainly did, took me awhile to beat it​

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    did you get it yet? :D im sure you will love it
    did you find the final boss hard? i certainly did, took me awhile to beat it​

It came today in fact. I ordered it online (My game store did not have it), ironically I got Bravely Second for less than the first game.

The Final Boss on Bravely Default was indeed tricky and it wasn't until I stumbled upon the Salvemaker's Giants Draft that the tide turned in my favour...and equipping safety rings to prevent the highly infuriating death the Final Boss kept using. Having the Holy One ability on Agnes helped greatly too.

The 'All Magic' team in the Asterisk Holder run was really tough too as to a lesser extent Barbarossa's All Physical team with the Performer.

I am at the very start of the second game at the moment.

Bay

Years
    The Final Boss on Bravely Default was indeed tricky and it wasn't until I stumbled upon the Salvemaker's Giants Draft that the tide turned in my favour...and equipping safety rings to prevent the highly infuriating death the Final Boss kept using. Having the Holy One ability on Agnes helped greatly too.

Indeed Giants Draft is great. Saves me a bunch when doing the final battles in Chapter 8, lol. Sad Salvemaker didn't return in Bravely Second.

(Mostly putting this in spoilers due to Charmed Gardy and a few others not finished/played Second yet, lol )

Spoiler:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I am surprised the Salvemaker did not make a comeback in Bravely Second considering how useful the job is. Then again I don't recall the Salvemaker Asterisk Holder being particularly memorable.

I am up to Chapter 2 and am by and large pleased with the jobs obtained so far.

Team and thoughts so far. (Contains minor job spoilers)
    Spoiler:

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    i have completed bravely second couple weeks ago
    but have not got into the extras yet... currently trying to focus on super mystery dungeon

i think Charioteer is a waste and ugly as hell
    oh and salvemaker? i never used it lol​

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
    Currently motoring through Chapter 3 having finally picked up my favourite job.

Charioteer is alright early on but the outfit does indeed look horrible on everyone.

My team set up
    Spoiler:

One side note - The 'Sapp and Piddler theme' is hilarious.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
    Currently motoring through Chapter 3 having finally picked up my favourite job.

Charioteer is alright early on but the outfit does indeed look horrible on everyone.

My team set up
    Spoiler:

One side note - The 'Sapp and Piddler theme' is hilarious.

what do you think of the whole chompcraft stuff?​

Back