• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bravely Second

Bay

Years
  • surpises me europe got this first but mwuahahaha{XD} lol
    you played the other game too?

oh and when i got the cat job i thought for a second i was going to get a lion too by my side when fighting ;-;​

Yep, I played the first game and enjoyed it a lot! I even wrote a few stories/fanfiction based off the game. Don't think I can link incase of advertising, but if you're interested I can send them in private.

I actually watched a clip of the cat job battle and I was like, "woah, a lion?" XD Haha, before when that cat job was announced I thought it might be similar to like a beasmaster job in the final fantasy games.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Yep, I played the first game and enjoyed it a lot! I even wrote a few stories/fanfiction based off the game. Don't think I can link incase of advertising, but if you're interested I can send them in private.

I actually watched a clip of the cat job battle and I was like, "woah, a lion?" XD Haha, before when that cat job was announced I thought it might be similar to like a beasmaster job in the final fantasy games.

haha i know right, would of been cool to have a lion by my side
    and that FF job sounds cool, never played those games before

and cool you wrote stuff about bravely
    what makes you like the games so much?​

Bay

Years
  • haha i know right, would of been cool to have a lion by my side
    and that FF job sounds cool, never played those games before

and cool you wrote stuff about bravely
    what makes you like the games so much?​

I thought the job customization was very fun, and I enjoyed the characters and story. I don't know if you watched the anime Steins;Gate or played the game version of it, but the main writer for that wrote Bravely Default's scenario, and when I played BD I was like, "totally Steins;Gate writer wrote it, lol".

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I thought the job customization was very fun, and I enjoyed the characters and story. I don't know if you watched the anime Steins;Gate or played the game version of it, but the main writer for that wrote Bravely Default's scenario, and when I played BD I was like, "totally Steins;Gate writer wrote it, lol".

no , no idea what that is haha but thanks for the tip :)

i gotta say i love hawkeye, freaking cool and sexy
    i got it now on edea
    and i did another sidequest, stupid merchant.... i chose the white mage asterisk , obviously​

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • So, compared to the original, how's the writing?

Granted, I'm not sure how it's going to be modified when it comes over here, but I'd at least like to know in the state that it is. I'll probs try out the Euro version for a comparison,

how do you mean writing?
    as in, how this new story has been written? the text the characters say?

i have been playing this game non stop for two three weeks now
    near lv 60 i think, i overleveled a bit because i was grinding JP for jobs

i am not super excited about some of the jobs, like the cake guy is kinda useless, same as the cat job i think
    so far the new job called fencer has been impressing me but thats about it
    also kinda like exorcist but i hate the fact it can do no damage ... which is a bummer because i love the look of the exorcist outfit​

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I wasn't to fond of the first game.
    In fact I completely stopped playing it.
    How does this one fair to the first game?

what made you not like the first one?
    i think both are nice
    the only thing i did not like about the first one was that in the end i had to keep repeating things over and over again, do not remember all details but yeah

i think you should give this new one a try
    it is nice and has some new features like infinite battling or something if you kill all monsters in one turn which makes it easier to level and stuff​

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • what made you not like the first one?
    i think both are nice
    the only thing i did not like about the first one was that in the end i had to keep repeating things over and over again, do not remember all details but yeah

i think you should give this new one a try
    it is nice and has some new features like infinite battling or something if you kill all monsters in one turn which makes it easier to level and stuff​
    I didn't like it due to being frustrated with some enemies or something, it was a very petty reason.
    I should really play it again. This new one should be good though.

Bay

Years

• also kinda like exorcist but i hate the fact it can do no damage ... which is a bummer because i love the look of the exorcist outfit​

From playing the demo and seeing some playthroughs on Youtube, the Exorcist's gimmick is more like a supporting role. Kind of like a healer, but not really haha.

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • I didn't like it due to being frustrated with some enemies or something, it was a very petty reason.
    I should really play it again. This new one should be good though.
    enemies being too strong , not being able to beat them?
    you know you can play the game on casual mode or something, right? which makes the enemies/bosses less strong

i definitely recommend it to you , play the first one and second one
    they FAB jrpg games​

From playing the demo and seeing some playthroughs on Youtube, the Exorcist's gimmick is more like a supporting role. Kind of like a healer, but not really haha.
    i know haha
    i just find it silly because i maxed out bischop
    and i also want to use the skills of Astrologian job.... so i think i am going to not use bischop skills anymore and go with exorcist now because tiz looks much better now , this outfit is so much more cool than the bischop outfit lol

all i am waiting for now is another mage type job that can cause damage like wizard so i can give my wizard another useful second job... because thats the only character i have now that is only using one job​

Purist of Black Water

[b]The way we were...[/b]
    Years
  • enemies being too strong , not being able to beat them?
    you know you can play the game on casual mode or something, right? which makes the enemies/bosses less strong

i definitely recommend it to you , play the first one and second one
    they FAB jrpg games

Oh willl do that then.I have issues if I keep dying on casual lol

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Oh willl do that then.I have issues if I keep dying on casual lol

^_^
    i been playing bravely second on normal mode, as i played the first one on casual so i wanted this to be more of a challenge....
    lol some boss battles were so easy
    could of easily played on hard mode from the start i guess​

Pebbles

BE YOUR OWN HERO
    Years
  • Still on the first chapter of BD, myself. My party's level 31/32.

This game is hard.

because you playing it on hard mode or?
    its been a while since i played bravely default
    do not remember if i found it really hard, even in casual mode
    but i certainly find this new one not tough
    which is kinda nice but at same time boss battles are not super hard
    although i am sure that will change once i am getting close to the final boss battle

i remember the final boss battles in bravely default... took me some time to beat them suckers ^_^​

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Spoiler: Big image
    Bravely Second

This thing is huge.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Out in NA since yesterday, made it to Chapter 1, I'm liking it so far.

Wizard is still my favourite of the new classes, really gives the spell some better variety, mainly because Hammer is ridiculous (2.0x modifier is pretty lol). I like the idea of Charioteer, and will definitely make a throwing set-up, but first I need better weapons to fully make use of it, haha. Triple-Wield is nice to have in the early game though, equipping a weapon, shield, and another weapon on the head is a nice way to retain some bulk and damage. Bishop and Fencer are very, very underwhelming. Granted, my expectations of Bishop weren't that high, since it's only purpose is to serve as a healing class if you don't get the White Mage asterisk, but eh. Fencer is just boring, I was hoping that the stances would be more... special?
    wow, is that yours?
    nice, looks cool
    you like it then i take it?​
    Yeah, both are mine. I definitely do like it, the artbook that comes with it is pretty top-notch. I really wasn't expecting 500 pages worth of material, haha.

Back