• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Feature Question] Break Evolution

Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2022
    Does anybody remember break evolution from the pokemon tcg? Where a pokemon would turn golden and learn a cool new attack. I wanted to make that in pokemon essentials v18.1 and thought I would start by essentially coping mega evolution. I would only give the new evolution to some pokemon and here's how it would work.

Trainer break evolves pokemon by using a [mega ring equivalent] and [mega stone equivalent]
    Pokemon would turn into a golden break form and get boosted stats
    Can only be used once per battle (like mega evolution, z moves, and dynamaxing)
    A move could turn into a break move with a special ability like gmax moves
    Pokemon would return to normal at the end of a battle

Could somebody please help me with this, I have no idea where to start.

Years
    • Seen today
    Does anybody remember break evolution from the pokemon tcg? Where a pokemon would turn golden and learn a cool new attack. I wanted to make that in pokemon essentials v18.1 and thought I would start by essentially coping mega evolution. I would only give the new evolution to some pokemon and here's how it would work.

Trainer break evolves pokemon by using a [mega ring equivalent] and [mega stone equivalent]
    Pokemon would turn into a golden break form and get boosted stats
    Can only be used once per battle (like mega evolution, z moves, and dynamaxing)
    A move could turn into a break move with a special ability like gmax moves
    Pokemon would return to normal at the end of a battle

Could somebody please help me with this, I have no idea where to start.

Sounds relatively easy to implement, since this functions identically to Mega Evolution, which you can just copy the code for and rename. For the new move, that's also not terribly hard, as this is just a toned down version of Z-Moves/Max Moves.

It'll be tricky to implement on your own if you're new to coding, but if you have the general gist, you have the advantage of there being plenty of material to copy from. My advice would be to look how Mega Evolution is implemented in the script, as well as studying the ZUD Plugin to see how new mechanics such as this can be added, as well as how to temporarily convert moves.

Back