• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Cool, thanks. So whats the rules? I have to breed egg moves and ivs, then ev train them and use pokemon amie?

Last edited:

Tek

Years
  • Cool, thanks. So whats the rules? I have to breed egg moves and ivs, then ev train them and use pokemon amie?

If you want to do all of that, you can. I generally go for at least one perfect IV, a helpful nature, and an egg move or two.

But the only requirement for the project is pick a Pokemon that fits the theme.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Hey guys, I was wondering if having 31 ivs hinders a Pokemon. Here is my plan for the Maracus:
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    Wood Hammer
    Petal Blizzard
    Solar Beam
    Giga Drain
    All max pp
    252 speed/252 Defence/ 4 Hp
    31 iv in all stats

Let me know if you see an error, or if the moves should focus more on defeatong super effective pokemons or if this would take to long to complete the challenge. Thanks for the feed back!

Demon Wolf

American Wolf
    Years
  • Hey guys, I was wondering if having 31 ivs hinders a Pokemon. Here is my plan for the Maracus:
    Nature: Careful
    Moves:
    Wood Hammer
    Petal Blizzard
    Solar Beam
    Giga Drain
    All max pp
    252 speed/252 Defence/ 4 Hp
    31 iv in all stats

Let me know if you see an error, or if the moves should focus more on defeatong super effective pokemons or if this would take to long to complete the challenge. Thanks for the feed back!
    If u r talking about egg moves then sure u can do all that

Tek

Years
  • Did some breeding for a challenge I'm taking.

Sis' the Solrock
    Adamant
    Confusion/Light Screen/Embargo/Rock Slide

Brother the Lunatone
    Modest
    Confusion/Reflect/Embargo/Psychic

Sedna the Snorunt
    Naive Female
    Disable/Hail/Weather Ball/Shadow Ball
    Relatively Superior x|x|x|31|x|31

The pair of rocks were bred using Ditto, and the Snorunt had a German Castform as its father. I hatched about twenty or thirty Snorunt eggs, but no shiny.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Hey, just wanted to update on Maracus. Im now breading a 5 iv male Maracus that is holding Destiny Knot with Careful nature, Ability water absorb and the move woodhamer with a previous female Maracus that is holding a Everstone with the iv im missing, Careful nature and ability water absorb. Almost there, then I can start ev training. Ive learn a lot about breeding. Its fun when you get good results and even if it goes wrong its fun to try to figure out how to fix it. Will teach moves while ev training.

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Hey, just wanted to update on Maracus. Im now breading a 5 iv male Maracus that is holding Destiny Knot with Careful nature, Ability water absorb and the move woodhamer with a previous female Maracus that is holding a Everstone with the iv im missing, Careful nature and ability water absorb. Almost there, then I can start ev training. Ive learn a lot about breeding. Its fun when you get good results and even if it goes wrong its fun to try to figure out how to fix it. Will teach moves while ev training.

Great job on your Maractus, keep it up! In case you aren't already, you can use this IV breeding calculator to compute the odds of getting your 5IV Maractus.

I've been breeding a few Lure Ball Oddish just now. The mother is a Bellossom that I used to beat the League in SoulSilver and that I transferred all the way to X. I caught it in a Lure Ball as an Oddish in Ilex Forest, and it turned out to have some ridiculous IVs for a wild Pokemon, 00/02/31/31/15/31. The father is a 5IV Italian Venusaur that I traded for here on the forums. The bad news is that almost all of the offspring have that horrible HP from the mother, but the good news is that I just got a 31/xx/31/31/31/xx female and I'll be replacing Bellossom right away.

Years
    • Seen Jan 2, 2020
    Thanks for the calculator! I was actually looking for one that was current and included the Destiny Knot. I will be using it more often. I meant that I already have the 5 iv Maracus and Im now trying to bread a 6 iv Maracus, more than one would be great. Sorry, should have been more clear. Good luck with Oddish! Its one of my favorite pokemon. Then again I like all the pokemon, they each have their own quirks and personality.

I used some 3 iv Dittos I caught from a Friend Safari and It turns out the Maracus I caught from Unova had 2 ivs already. I also used some new Maracus to bread in ivs and keep the Nature, Ability and the move Woodhamer.

Last edited:

Tek

Years
  • I've been breeding a few Lure Ball Oddish just now. The mother is a Bellossom that I used to beat the League in SoulSilver and that I transferred all the way to X. I caught it in a Lure Ball as an Oddish in Ilex Forest, and it turned out to have some ridiculous IVs for a wild Pokemon, 00/02/31/31/15/31.

Lure Ball Oddish? How quirky! And a famous parent to boot.

My project is done ill put it inside my sig 2morrow

I didn't do a project this month. Had other Poké-things and life-things to do. I'm fining myself 1 million dollars.

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    Is it possible to breed 5 egg moves on a pokemon like 4 on it's list and one you have to go to the move reminder for?

Tek

Years
  • Is it possible to breed 5 egg moves on a pokemon like 4 on it's list and one you have to go to the move reminder for?

Egg moves can only be passed down from a parent, through breeding. In gen VI, a pokemon can re-learn an egg move it used to know, but it can't acquire new egg moves this way.

On another note, I bred a box of Psyduck from international parents. No shiny yet. I will not rest until I have a blue Psyduck!

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Guys, what are we doing for June? Was it flower Pokemon, or...? I want to breed something, but I don't know what. So suggestions are very welcome ^^

Good luck on your shiny hunt, Tek! That blue looks great on Psyduck, I have to say. How cool would've been if shiny Golduck was golden/yellow though?

Years
    • Seen Aug 7, 2014
    Egg moves can only be passed down from a parent, through breeding. In gen VI, a pokemon can re-learn an egg move it used to know, but it can't acquire new egg moves this way.

Think I need to clarify a bit say you were breeding squirtle and you had a male with 4 moves and a female with 2 different moves will the child come out knowing 6 egg moves. 4 of which would be in it's shown move pool the other 2 available to be re-learned

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Think I need to clarify a bit say you were breeding squirtle and you had a male with 4 moves and a female with 2 different moves will the child come out knowing 6 egg moves. 4 of which would be in it's shown move pool the other 2 available to be re-learned

Nope. If the male has four egg moves and the female has two different egg moves, then the baby Squirtle will have two of the father's egg moves and both of the female's egg moves. Why? That's because of the way moves are passed down: the mother's egg moves take priority over the father's.

Example: say you have a female Squirtle with Aqua Ring and Dragon Pulse, and a male Wooper with Haze, Mist, Muddy Water and Yawn, in this exact order. The father's moves will be passed down first, then the mother's. The end result: the first two of the father's will be dropped and no, they can't be relearned. I.e. Haze, Mist, Muddy Water, Yawn, Aqua Ring, Dragon Pulse.

mrpopo1701

Josh Varela
    Years
  • Name: Josh Varela
    Partner pokemon: tyranitar
    Topic: sun for cherrim is what I think a spring pokemon is.

Hopefully this is filled out right, I just started pokemon breeding and I find it a lot of fun. Nice to meet everyone.

Back