• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Sorry I meant Yellow not Y! Got all 720 in a living dex in OR and Y and i'm selling Y soon as I don't play it (hence why i tried to catch a better mewtwo and Zapdos).

Thanks for the offer though.

Will try breeding for a Gyrados though in OR.

Last edited:

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Well managed to get 2 6IV Magikarp one male and one female so that was nice, training up the male for Gyarados and the other will replace my living dex entry for Magikarp as I only had old gen 4 versions from SS.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Still plodding through yellow, trying to think of something interesting to breed in OR, fancy a good electric pokemon but I dont like many of them.

Years
  • Two questions. First off, I am going to be doing a battle against a friend of mine where we are going to be using pokemon from only our favorite generation. For me. it's third gen. I know for a fact that I am going to be using Sableye, and I'm toying with the idea of a Tail Glow Volbeat. Any ideas on more pokemon that I could use?

Still plodding through yellow, trying to think of something interesting to breed in OR, fancy a good electric pokemon but I dont like many of them.

Second question is for Oblox here. If I remind you when Sun and Moon come out? Would you mind helping me out with getting a pokemon that I REALLY want with a specific TM? Also you know about how the Missingno Glitch and all the old glitches from the original games still work right?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yeah sure on the pokemon if I can, give me an idea what it is and if I can i'll nab one along the way if I see it, also what TM? I'm keeping all mine in the PC currently but obviously they are only one use in Gen 1 so let me know now so I wont randomly use it at some stage.

I know about the glitches but have never done them.

Once the game is complete I might try it but i don't want to risk corrupting my game or anything.

Years
  • Yeah sure on the pokemon if I can, give me an idea what it is and if I can i'll nab one along the way if I see it, also what TM? I'm keeping all mine in the PC currently but obviously they are only one use in Gen 1 so let me know now so I wont randomly use it at some stage.

I know about the glitches but have never done them.

Once the game is complete I might try it but i don't want to risk corrupting my game or anything.

The pokemon I am wanting is a Snorlax with self destruct.

And so long as you don't catch Missingno, which is the glitch that will give you 100+ of whatever item is in your 6th item slot, you should be fine.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Not bothered about snorlax or self destruct so yeah can do that. I don't think i'm too far off the snorlax encounter and will try and nab the TM in silph co.

Might wait to trade until powersaves allows cloning on sun/moon (if it does) just so I have a copy for myself too in case I ever want it but you'll get yours regardless.

Years
  • Not bothered about snorlax or self destruct so yeah can do that. I don't think i'm too far off the snorlax encounter and will try and nab the TM in silph co.

Might wait to trade until powersaves allows cloning on sun/moon (if it does) just so I have a copy for myself too in case I ever want it but you'll get yours regardless.

Thanks!

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • The pokemon I am wanting is a Snorlax with self destruct.

And so long as you don't catch Missingno, which is the glitch that will give you 100+ of whatever item is in your 6th item slot, you should be fine.

I forgot about that!! I will totally do one I think!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Still playing through VC Yellow at the moment, not had any breeding ideas really. Did get HA articuno and Zapdos from UK event.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    And traded for a HA moltres code too!

Oh and Charcoal I have Snorlax and am just headed for Silph co to grab Self Destruct In Yellow.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    One Snorlax with Selfdestruct sitting in my bank. Now just roll on Sun/Moon.

Any other good Gen 1 combos you can think of worth getting?

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So I'm still breeding for a shiny totodile. Haven't had any luck at all with it. I'm about to give up.

Years
  • Name: André
    Partner Pokemon: 5 IV, Jolly, Infiltrator Crobat (EMs: Brave Bird, Defog); 5 IV, Adamant, Sheer Force Nidoqueen

I hope you still take in new members!
    About the QOTW, I'd like if each egg had a different pattern for each species, I guess, or even just different color palettes, just to be able to tell them apart. It's a bit boring that every egg looks like Yoshi's, but I guess it would be a lot of work for a small feature in the games, so I'm skeptical that they'll ever do it, sadly.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Ouch, how many eggs so far?
    I don't even know anymore... XD but it's a lot.

Name: André
    Partner Pokemon: 5 IV, Jolly, Infiltrator Crobat (EMs: Brave Bird, Defog); 5 IV, Adamant, Sheer Force Nidoqueen

I hope you still take in new members!
    About the QOTW, I'd like if each egg had a different pattern for each species, I guess, or even just different color palettes, just to be able to tell them apart. It's a bit boring that every egg looks like Yoshi's, but I guess it would be a lot of work for a small feature in the games, so I'm skeptical that they'll ever do it, sadly.

Yes I am :)

Years
  • I like Pokemon Breeding a lot so I'll sign up for this club.
    Name: OuterTsuchinoko
    Partner Pokemon: Hopefully soon to be a shiny Pichu.
    I wish GF would make eggs unique to species or specific pokemon. I think it would be a small detail that would be much appreciated. I would love to see a Togepi egg that looks like Togepi's actual shell.

My current and first actual breeding project is for a shiny Pichu that knows Volt Tackle and Fake Out (both moves learned through breeding). I have bred for shinies plenty of times in the past, but never have I done it for moves too, which is why I call this my first real project. I originally was going to evolve it into a Raichu, but I recently changed my mind as I want to try Little Cup battling and I like Pichu as a shiny better as well.

Years
  • I like Pokemon Breeding a lot so I'll sign up for this club.
    Name: OuterTsuchinoko
    Partner Pokemon: Hopefully soon to be a shiny Pichu.
    I wish GF would make eggs unique to species or specific pokemon. I think it would be a small detail that would be much appreciated. I would love to see a Togepi egg that looks like Togepi's actual shell.

My current and first actual breeding project is for a shiny Pichu that knows Volt Tackle and Fake Out (both moves learned through breeding). I have bred for shinies plenty of times in the past, but never have I done it for moves too, which is why I call this my first real project. I originally was going to evolve it into a Raichu, but I recently changed my mind as I want to try Little Cup battling and I like Pichu as a shiny better as well.

Hoi! I shall be the first to greet you. :3 Welcome to the breeders club! If you have any questions or need help with getting a poke with an HA or just getting a certain pokemon in general I'm sure someone here, including myself, would be more than willing to help out!

Also, have you tried little cup before? Like, at all?

Back