• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Breeder's Corner - Where Life Begins

who should we breed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Anyone got any good projects in the works?

Finished my Volcarona and got my recent Mew from GAME (wish I could breed him!) now looking for my next mon to breed and try out but not having much inspiration at the moment.

Years
    I recently finished up Owain and Yarne together. Got them both with the right skills and hopefully good stats for how I plan on using them in battle. But so far, I'm not dissappointed. :3 Just got to grind them up with some other units and I should be good

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    By the power of google I now know who they are but not what they are.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Question for the week for everyone (in Venitardus absence)

Do you catch/breed in a specific pokeball for any reason?

For me I used to only ever do standard balls so that all my pokemon would be matching. Since gen 6 however Ive really liked the Luxury ball look so I breed everything and catch everything in that. It annoys me I cant get my Fossil Pokemon in luxury balls though, id love my Tyrantrum in one.

Years
    Question for the week for everyone (in Venitardus absence)

For me I used to only ever do standard balls so that all my pokemon would be matching. Since gen 6 however Ive really liked the Luxury ball look so I breed everything and catch everything in that. It annoys me I cant get my Fossil Pokemon in luxury balls though, id love my Tyrantrum in one.

I have done it three times before. Once on a Mawile because I thought it would be neat. Once on a Kangaskan for the same reason, plus on both of them the balls were rare so I thought it would be even cooler. And once more on a Blissey, but I had no choice but to keep that ball since Blissey's are only female. XD

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018

Yes. I actually do it for both. I try to catch a female of a Pokemon in any ball other than Pokeball or quick ball (so many quick balls...), and breed them so the offspring has said ball. I was lucky enough to have a damage Noivern of mine in a dusk ball so when I was breeding for my shiny noibat, I kept using the females that had the highest Evs in a dusk ball. And now I have my shiny Noivern in a dusk ball. All my shinies are in different pokéballs and same with all my other females that I caught. Currently trying to get some Pokémon from HGSS in the apricot (apricorn??) balls so I can start breeding for those shinies in those pokéballs.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yep Apricorn balls. I almost started breeding for Apricorn balls as I had both HG and SS until recently but I just wasn't that impressed with the balls no matter how rare they may be.

Years
    Yes. I actually do it for both. I try to catch a female of a Pokemon in any ball other than Pokeball or quick ball (so many quick balls...), and breed them so the offspring has said ball. I was lucky enough to have a damage Noivern of mine in a dusk ball so when I was breeding for my shiny noibat, I kept using the females that had the highest Evs in a dusk ball. And now I have my shiny Noivern in a dusk ball. All my shinies are in different pokéballs and same with all my other females that I caught. Currently trying to get some Pokémon from HGSS in the apricot (apricorn??) balls so I can start breeding for those shinies in those pokéballs.

Well if you any of the pokemon in the balls I mentioned just give me a shout. :3

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years

I love the Luxury Ball :3
    I wish I could have some Lovely balls, Moon Balls, Friend Balls...

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    So I have been thinking, and I have decided that I am going to start breeding for every shiny starter with at least 5-6ivs. Egg moves may come in time but I'm planing on going for atleast those.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Yeah just knowing how long it took for my Charmander/Froakie id only want to purposefully breed shinies again if I REALLY wanted them.

Good luck!

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Just starting breeding for an Excadrill, meant to do it ages ago but forgot.

Back