• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Breeding Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
    What is another pokemon that will breed with gliscor besides gliscor?

Butterfree, Beedrill, Venomoth, Pinsir, Ledian, Ariados, Yanmega, Forretress, Scizor, Shuckle, Heracross, Beautifly, Dustox, Ninjask, Flygon, Kricketune, Wormadam, Mothim, Vespiquen, Parasect, Masquerain, Volbeat, Illumise, Drapion, and all the pre-evolved forms of those Pokemon.

rndm.

Mostly inactive D:
    Years
    Click here for Bulbapedia's Egg Group page. There is a list of them and a link for more details of each group.

Jukain-Arashi

PM me for Lockerz invitation.
    Years
    When you breed Pokemon with tutored moves, do the tutored moves get passed down?
    Example: I breed a Garchomp (M) w/ Outrage with a Bagon (F), would the Bagon that hatches have Outrage?

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    When you breed Pokemon with tutored moves, do the tutored moves get passed down?
    Example: I breed a Garchomp (M) w/ Outrage with a Bagon (F), would the Bagon that hatches have Outrage?

Nope, not tutored moves. Only TMs, HMs, egg moves and double upped level moves.

Myles

Seriously?
    Years
    It doesn't matter either way. If you don't want egg moves, Ditto is fine. You will however get some of the Ditto's IVs, instead of the other Pokemon's, but there's no reason why the Ditto as a species would have low IVs.

Years
    Hey guys, I'm pretty super nooby to the IV game, so I have questions.

From what I understand, a Pokemon can inherit 3 IV Values from certain parents and some variables can be certain values, blah blah blah.

But, what I'm trying to wrap my head around is... Do your offspring get some random IV Values?? Like, could you randomly get an IV of 31 in a stat the parent didn't pass on?? Since the offspring only inherits 3 different stats, the rest are totally random?

And, after you get the offspring, do you breed the offspring, or do you have to check if it's favorable? Thanks a bunch.

IceSage

Sage of Ice
    Years
    Is there a way that prevents Pokemon from leveling in the daycare? I didn't think there was, but a couple of places and people are confusing me on the subject.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    What should I breed to get a Rattata with Endeavor? Yes, I'm going for the FEAR thing. I found someone to battle, but I don't think they know any competitive strategies, so this should surprise them, so long as I don't send in T-Tar before hand.

But I don't know much on breeding for specifics, so...yeah. Help a fella out?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    SilverSmeargleSplatter

On Route 225 or 226, capture a male and female Raticate. They will know Endeavor. Breed them and Rattata will know it.

Pikachukid

Conquest needs a sequel
    Years
    If you breed a pokemon with a tm move or an egg move and get another male pokemon with the egg move and/or the tm move will the new pokemon be able to transfer those moves to its offspring?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    Pikachukid

Typically, yes, a male Pokemon can pass down TM or egg moves only if the baby can inherit it. For example, a male Salamence with Fly, Flamethrower, Dragon Claw, and Hydro Pump will pass down everything but Fly, as Bagon cannot learn Fly.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back