• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Bring me up to speed.

Keitaro

Urashima
Years
  • Shuko said:
    I don't really know any of you guys, but I just love how this well-meaning, debate-type thread turned into a lovey-dovey get together for old friends. X3 *Basks in warm glow of niceness* It's nice to see something pleasant going on in the CQ&F on occasion!

*Sigh* PC has been so good to me... I only hope I end up staying for a good long time and accrue some killer friends like you guys have... Thank you for making me feel warm an' fuzzy inside! :12:
    Well this is more of the mature section of the forum so the talk is real meaning when it's good talk it's really good talk and when it's bad talk it's well ya, head for the hills, cave or hide in the lil' red bucket type thing. But I'm glad and I'm sure others are glad that ya appreciate it. You can always make good friends just a matter o' running into 'em.

Generic said:
    I miss all the intelligent discussions :(
    I remember when this forum first started and they had a couple guys one was Scott and I forget the other one but they were from the UK and were very prejudice against North Americans, which is why I think got them banned *shrugs* can't remember but I remember me and Syrus debating how much better American Football is better then Rugby, lol that was one of the most heated debates I've ever been in on this forum and I've been in plenty. I remember Scott isntant messeging me and saying how dumb canadians are and throwing everything at me thinking he got the best o' me but the whole time I was literally tearing up, laughing.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    Man, those were the days, I was so active =(

I need to pick up activity XD

Geometric-sama

The Manly Man of Steel
    Years
  • That's a Scott I don't remember then :P I only remember the good Scott XD *throws a penguin at Keitaro* Oh, and I've now watched all of Love Hina so I can debate with you :P

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Jedi_Amara said:
    That's a Scott I don't remember then :P I only remember the good Scott XD *throws a penguin at Keitaro* Oh, and I've now watched all of Love Hina so I can debate with you :P
    Well that Scott was around from the start I was Scott from Pallet back then but for the Love Hina thing, there should be nothing to debate about if we like the same thing. n.n
    Edit: *gets hit by the Penguin @.@'*

Tetsuya-san said:
    How many "Scott"'s do we have here? XD

Well those discussions are pretty much the past, and we go forward, not back. We'd certainly be a smart community, but many communities have their share of... erm... SPAMMERS and postcount-obsessed people (I have my eye on half of them, *cough*)...
    I'm actually proud of the fact that I am not obsessed with post counts :P I mean I've had literally 1,000's of posts deleted over the years to keep the forum good, clean and efficient. I like to actually communicate with other users rather then my numbers, I hate math for that matter, including addition. :laugh:

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • DT: What ever happened to that member that would make tons of posts. And would PM me all the time with little smilies where PMs would go back and forth for hours? XD

Jake: You have to remember, right now I think there are only like 4 Staff members that was Staff on the old PC (not counting the Blue Admins). You, me, D and Erica. And there are only a hand full of members that's still here that was here years ago. So there isn't many members that remembers who Keitaro was. They don't remember he used to Mod all of the Offtopic forums. They don't remember Syrus or Zeke or Dratini or Legendary Anime, SA, and so on. Members like us remember it because we was there at that time on PC. The old PC is gone so there isn't any way for the newer members to go back and search PC's history. The only way they can find out about the past is hearing it from the older members of PC.
    And sadly we are fading out. Like Tommy doesn't come to PC anymore and he was one of the older members. That's one more old member that has went from PC. 22sa doesn't come on anymore.
    But I guess there isn't any way to stop it.

Keitaro: Well I'm glad to have you back. It's always good when an old member comes back to PC (we need more oldies to keep the newbies inline XD).
    I hope you stick around and not run off again. XD

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
  • Actaully, if I remember correctly....
    Keitaro used to dominate PC in the old days, the very little times I visited PC then, I always saw his posts on practically every single thread. Though this is none of my buisness, Why did you come back? Heh, whether you tell us or not we're glad to have you back again (oh and incase you don't know who I am, I was formerly known as "Blasty" back then).

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • Arcanine said:
    Jake: You have to remember, right now I think there are only like 4 Staff members that was Staff on the old PC (not counting the Blue Admins). You, me, D and Erica. And there are only a hand full of members that's still here that was here years ago. So there isn't many members that remembers who Keitaro was. They don't remember he used to Mod all of the Offtopic forums. They don't remember Syrus or Zeke or Dratini or Legendary Anime, SA, and so on. Members like us remember it because we was there at that time on PC. The old PC is gone so there isn't any way for the newer members to go back and search PC's history. The only way they can find out about the past is hearing it from the older members of PC.
    And sadly we are fading out. Like Tommy doesn't come to PC anymore and he was one of the older members. That's one more old member that has went from PC. 22sa doesn't come on anymore.
    But I guess there isn't any way to stop it.
    Yep, yup. Also the older you get the more your life changes meaning you're most likely going to leave places like PC, so it will continue.

Arcanine said:
    Keitaro: Well I'm glad to have you back. It's always good when an old member comes back to PC (we need more oldies to keep the newbies inline XD).
    I hope you stick around and not run off again. XD
    Well last time I left, I left a bunch of other stuff I was into as well (including your message board, which I appologize for). But I should be here for awhile, just not forever. But I'm here now, ya just gotta spot me in this new era of PC. n.n'

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Keitaro said:
    Yep, yup. Also the older you get the more your life changes meaning you're most likely going to leave places like PC, so it will continue.
    That's the reason why Tommy left. He is 18 now and he wanted to move on with his life offline. Now he might come back one day like you. But then he might be like most of the older members and just kind of forget PC. Everyone is like that, I'm not saying I'll stick with PC till the end (I hope I do but no one knows what might come up from now to then). I might move on one day because I have stuff offline that is going on.

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • KLS said:
    Actaully, if I remember correctly....
    Keitaro used to dominate PC in the old days, the very little times I visited PC then, I always saw his posts on practically every single thread. Though this is none of my buisness, Why did you come back? Heh, whether you tell us or not we're glad to have you back again (oh and incase you don't know who I am, I was formerly known as "Blasty" back then).
    Well, I'm a straight up guy, around PC in particular since it's so big now I prefer to keep only my personal life to myself but reasons involving PC or anything else I'll shoot straight up no problem. When I left I had to get back to my real life, I had no choice in the matter unless I was Superman and I am not much of a DC fan, so that wasn't going to happen. Why am I back? Because I forgot my passport in my user control panel, nah, the real reason is I spent so much time and effort in making one friend here that it just turned into something that I just can't throw away because if I did that it'd turn into a regret and I have few regrets in my life that I'm still trying to fix and I don't need them piling up like bills or my Buffalo Bills super bowl loses >.>! I also find it extremely hard to make friends other message boards or even communicate with people without posting a thousand times or having a higher status. But here since I already made that breakthrough I can continue on and even if it's full of newbies and nothing happens, oh well, at least I took a shot at it. That pretty much sums it up, I?m sure there are other reasons but I just can?t think of them right now. And if there's a lesson in any of this is that I learn from my mistakes and others and one thing I won't do is ignore people trying to talk with others, even if I have nothing to say, heh.

Baker's Bulbasaur

Pokemon Bard
    Years
  • I was origionally not going to post the following, as some people may take it the wrong way, but I will speak my mind.

now im not putting anything against this forums admins or mods, I am friends with some of ya, and I know u are all great people, I just know. but I have always found it to be, that on forums, the admins and mods think themselves a cut above the rest, and more important, always in little groups, talking to eachother about the forums members etc, it has always made me feel bad.Plus u always find that certain members, even thoagh they dont know anyone, will try and befriend a mod or admin as they think them popular and want to get popular themselves.

Once again I hope no mods or dmins take that the wrong way, but I just feel that certain staff members think themselves better.

it's the same with member fan clubs, I mean yeah there cool,, and there fun to get to know peopel better, I myself have one, but there just another example of popularity, and certain members jsut was high rep and a fan club, i have even seen some people with goals in there sig of

-become a mod

thats just stupid.

anyway at the end of the day, I may be fairly new, but I believe that ALL forums are mainly based around popularity, and everybodies wanting to be a mod and have power.

personally, I am glad I have quite a few friends, some with high power, but I come on this forum to have fun, and meet people, not to claim power, thats is really what a forum is about, but there will always unfortunately be power seekers.

I think rep is a good idea, as it helps newbies know who to turn to in trouble, and who on the forum is trustworthy but it shouldnt be automatically given, people should RECCOMEND rep be given, and there should be a new staff post where the mod of it looks at all the rasons for reccomended rep, and dcided wether to shoudl be given, that way also means friends wont just be giving eachother rep for pointless reasons.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • Don't we have some sort of competition thing about who can stay the longest, Andy? Or is that who can wait the longest without changing our name? Or both? I can't remember. XD;

Baker's Bulbasaur - If you see a staff member unnecessarily flaunting their status or power, you can certainly report that. ^^; The staff are here to help everyone fit in and feel better around PC, not just for the typical administrative duties, so if any are making members feel low or uncomfortable, it's not a good thing. o.o As for the rep thing... the forum software doesn't allow moderation of rep and besides, it would be an overwhelming job considering all the rep that goes around in a single day on PC. ._.

DragonTrainer

Shiver me timbers!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 8, 2012
    We sent hundreds of spam PMs to each other XD. Man, those were the days

I remember LA and SA, back when I was a newbie at the old PC, I saw some of the older members post. I wish I woulda been here for the whole Cas incident though o.O

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Wow... I wish that I had joined PC earlier. xD That's all I could say.

I still remember seeing Keitaro as a mod though. x3 And SA... I got him confused with Andy sometimes, lol. xD

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • (Baker's Bulbasaur) Yikes, lot o' judging, but hey it happens. You can't really say that "ALL" message boards are based on popularity unless you've been to "ALL" of 'em, but I don't disagree that alot are like that. I personally find since message boards have so many different topics and so many different opinions on certian matters that bitterness can rub off on some outside of the message board since he/she has been into so much debating.
    But on another note, if you're accusing me, which I'm not saying you are about being a suck up to the mods, I think ya better get yer facts straight. But I doubt that you were pointing the figure at me and if you were, ah well, I'd just have to get that dirt off my shoulder, lol.

Generic said:

I remember LA and SA, back when I was a newbie at the old PC, I saw some of the older members post. I wish I woulda been here for the whole Cas incident though o.O
    Me and Legendary Anime were alone in that lil' battle. Lot o' typing I can tell ya that, lol.

KLS

PC's Eternal Witness
    Years
  • Generic said:

Old PC...
    Do you mean to tell me that you were at the very first PC? Because, I sure don't remember you or Keitaro from the very first PC (and I was a mod then).

Keitaro

Urashima
    Years
  • KLS said:
    Old PC...
    Do you mean to tell me that you were at the very first PC? Because, I sure don't remember you or Keitaro from the very first PC (and I was a mod then).
    Don't jump the gun now, heh, it's because like I said few times I was Scott from Pallet back when I joined. But to get into deeper detail after that I was Tenchi for a short period of time then Keitaro.

Back