• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Brushed Aside.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Of all the 722 Pokemon, some don't get as much spotlight. What are some Pokemon you'd like to see more of or again in the anime? I'd love to see another Pachirisu one day!

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    Not more or again, but at all and that Pokémon is Porygon and its evolutions. Yes, that Porygon episode incident caused really bad reputation to Pokémon franchise as a whole, but there's no reason to punish the poor Pokémon for a mistake that some animators did. Especially since GameFreak obviously doesn't have any bad feelings to Porygon, or they wouldn't give it two evolutions. So please, please, ShoPro, MediaNet, Pokémon Company or whoever is behind this decision, stop it and show us this poor Pokémon finally. What happened in December 1997 is not its fault.

Reactions: EC
    Years
    Numel. I'm surprised that Pokemon has only appeared in one episode so far, and that was back during Advance Generation.

Also, I hope to see another Ambipom. Dawn shouldn't have been the only way to showcase the cute monkey.

Especially since GameFreak obviously doesn't have any bad feelings to Porygon, or they wouldn't give it two evolutions. So please, please, ShoPro, MediaNet, Pokémon Company or whoever is behind this decision, stop it and show us this poor Pokémon finally. What happened in December 1997 is not its fault.

It was actually the Japanese government to blame, since they enforced the total worldwide ban on the episode. You wouldn't expect a Pokemon episode to be banned by something that high in the authority, but it happened.

Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2016
    I know why and how the episode itself was banned. That wasn't my point however. Even though the episode was banned, there's no reason to ban the Pokémon itself, It's not banned in any other Pokémon franchise, so why it should be banned in the anime? Why it can't get another episode? Isn't it time time to rehabilitate it and give it at least one episode after over eighteen years?

But back on topic, I just remembered there's one more Pokémon I'd like to see more of and that's Blissey. It had only two bigger appearances, with one episode dedicated to it, and two minor appearances and that's awfully little IMO. I am surprised it did not appear in Pokémon Centers more, as in my opinion, it's even more suited Pokémon for Pokémon Centers than Chansey and definitely more than Audino or Wigglytuff.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    I agree, bring back Porygon and its evolutions. And then bring back the travelling Jigglypuff. They brought back a lot of other original series stuff, so... why not Jiggles Supreme?

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    Ash's Palpitoad. That guy got no screen time outside of battle it was horrible :(

semi

the magnificent steiner
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    I sincerely wish they would bring back Ditto. I can only recall about two or three Ditto episodes, and this Pokémon definitely deserves more for what it is.

Years
    Ash's Palpitoad. That guy got no screen time outside of battle it was horrible :(

This reminds me how better Ash's Unova team could have done without Palpitoad. What was the point of catching him if he only ended up getting Kingler-level absence streaks.

Also, the Klink line was a Pokemon I recall wasn't shown a lot in the anime. In fact, I can't even remember if Klang made a proper appearance outside of the 14th movie.

Years
    • Seen Apr 17, 2017
    This reminds me how better Ash's Unova team could have done without Palpitoad. What was the point of catching him if he only ended up getting Kingler-level absence streaks.

Also, the Klink line was a Pokemon I recall wasn't shown a lot in the anime. In fact, I can't even remember if Klang made a proper appearance outside of the 14th movie.
    Honestly any pokemon that wasn't a starter or scraggly got little to nothing while with ash in unova. Krookodile got all his development before joining ash, leavanny and unfeZant stopped when they were fully evolved etc etc.

That said joltik needed to be showcased more. Because tiny. Klink I believe was in a non-movie episode but I can't even remember so I might be wrong. Regardless they could have found more reason for it to appear as well.

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
    Being one of my favourite Pokemon, I'd like to see more of Quilava, whether it's Ash's, Dawn's, someone else's or a wild one.

Sneasel is another one of my favourite Pokemon that I'd like to see more of. In fact, I've always wanted Ash or one of his companions to get one.

Is it just me or has Swampert not had as many appearances as Sceptile and Blaziken? I think it's mainly because Brock never fully evolved his Hoenn starter unlike Ash and May. I hope that if he were to ever come back, he would have a Swampert.

Years
    I want to see more of the earlier pokemon Ash caught. It's such a shame they get side benched...to never be seen again...

The Pokemon anime is meant to promote the games, and that means games of the current generation, which is why Ash always catches new Pokemon and the older ones get faded into obscurity by leaving them with Professor Oak before he heads to the new region. It's a huge rinse-and-repeat process that has happened during the entire time Ash has been in the anime.

Fiz!

Fiza
    Years
    I know, I've been watching the anime since it started but it doesn't make it less sad. I had grown rather attached to some of his previous Pokemon.

Back