• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

BurgerMafia [ Day Six ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Okay so I feel like I have to do this before Superjolt fires his fake gun and we end up losing more people than necessary, that and scum will eventually see my confidence that the guns are fake as a soft claim so may as well make it for sure. I'm Santa, those guns aren't mine. I gave a vest to Jd and kitty. I will not reveal last night's gift for obvious reasons, keep the scum guessing. The reason I had a town read on EC and SJ is because I never gave them those items.

I'm so fucking glad you did that because I was starting to think that we might actually not have a fabricator. This makes more sense to me.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    BurgerMafia [ Day Six ]

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Spoiler: Charlie "Stop Moving the Football, There's Nothing Wrong with a Boy Playing with Balls" Brown
    howdyhowdyhowdy

Literally flew off to Pride in Sydney right after I ended the game I was hosting, had a boozy weekend, came back home on Sunday night and then since Monday I've been working from 8am and taking evening classes r i p no time i'll try and make an effort to check in more often :(

i'm v late to this and this is meta but this reasoning does make sense with neon sword, he can be tough to get on discord

so SJ you got gunned - on the one hand i feel like this post was almost baiting for a gun (if you were maf), but on the other hand i can see a fab giving you a gun and hoping you'd get excited and shoot since you never get given a gun apparently

since we've had 2 guns and 1 vest handed out, and the vest was legit..... i'm thinking we either have a santa and a fab, or a gs bs and fab. santa would make sense imo esp w the lucky vote on neon - wonder whether we had an investigative role leading that wagon / as one of the early voters. i definitely dont think we'd have a gs and bs without a fab, esp in a closed set-up where the point is to get all the players to guess what's going on - massive advantage for mafia to have a fab BUT also pretty standard to guess that there'd be a fab and i can't see ash not putting a fab in the game just based on that

not sure, just thinking out loud. i'm not scumreading you SJ so based on that i personally reckon it's likely that a fab gave you a gun in the hope that you'd get excited and try to shoot it, so i would avoid shooting it just in case

actually, kitty being BP is another potential option. though having a BP and a BS in the one game would be pretty town-skewed, especially in this case where BP hits reveal the victim and confirm them as town

yeah mostly experience combined w flavour text. there's a handy list of roles here, and most PC roles align to the roles on EM. wouldn't expect any custom roles in this closed set-up.

for e.g. the phase post mentioned a character performing an autopsy and saying "that's who they really were" -> in this game only alignments are revealed to the players, but there's a role called the mortician who can check one player each night to find what their role was, so based on the game set-up and the flavour text, it's a safe bet to say there's a mortician

also the phase post mentioned being noticed but the other person not caring - sounds to me like a heartbreaker? which would be weird to have if we didn't have regular lovers imo, unless the heartbreaker's target doesn't find out which player targeted them

we've already hit 1 maf so it's true that we're in ....... as good a place as we can be to take a risk in shooting an unknown gun on d2 i guess. but you encouraging him to shoot when he says he's considering shooting you, doesn't rly sit too well with me.

soooo based on mainly that point, gonna chuck a vote on you naku. but that said i'm open to switching, i just need to make sure to get a vote in before the day ends and this seems like the most logical way to go imo

[vote] nakuzami
    $10 jd is has the fool role tbh, he's playing very uncharacteristically

either that or mafia trying to play the role of the fool to not get lynched... either way, doesnt seem like he's town
    Strangely enough after EC's uh extremely useful posts, i am heavily townreading him. I mean no shade by this but there seems to be a negative relationship between his scumhunting and his towniness. I reckon the extremely wise idea of suggesting we lynch mafia today is his attempt at appearing town when he doesn't have anything to contribute. Saw a similar thing in another game recently where he subbed in and was town in a Mylo situation yet made zero attempt to actively scumhunt and got himself lynched. So long story short although I think he's contributing very little at this point, i think he is definitely town.

I'm personally not reading into Naku's empty promises at checking back in the thread because that's what he typically says anyway. that said he is still on my scumreads based on what i said yesterday @ him encouraging SJ to shoot.

Though! on that, @Superjolt I'm still not convinced you should shoot unless you know somehow that your gun is legit. if it backfires we lose one of our more active scumhunters in this game and I don't think that's a risk worth taking, it will leave town susceptible to scum manipulation more easily imo

Want to hear some posts of substance from aldo, saws and mala, i know i've been inactive but i don't think any of those people have contributed anything of interest/worth all game tbh

>hi I was too busy being gay to be with y'all
    >he does focus a lot on a train of thought that leads to him being convinced that there was a Fabricator, and then urging SJ not to shoot his gun.
    Now, outing actual info only the maf would have as "posturing" can be a legitimate tactic (in this case I'm saying the maf would know there's a Fab, so specifically focusing on that and then warning SJ about his gun could be a tactic to earn town cred later), but I feel on day one (wait, day two, he was absent day one) a maf wouldn't posture so much and then urge the person who was fabbed to not shoot, but it's not impossible. Additionally, if we have a GS on top of Santa, it would still be odd to urge a townie to not shoot (unless they had a maf target in their sights), but still not impossible.

>"jd's not town"
    I mean tru. not much to say about this post

>townreads EC, for reasoning I can honestly get behind
    >puts on his glasses and reads me like the little bitch he is it's not my fault i've been trash on the follow through in all recent games aaaa I don't use my computer anymore okay
    >urges for me to be shot but also tells SJ not to shoot bc mayb fab

He hasn't posted much, but two of his posts are fairly substantial, so that helps

Based on this and how he's gone about it all, I have a town read on him. I don't rule out that he could be maf, but I think CB would take a different approach if he were

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Ya'll have until tomorrow night to finish up this day and vote!

Sawsbuck and malanaphii need to vote this phase otherwise they are either going to be replaced or killed.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
    Spoiler: Where's Aldo? Somewhere without "W" I guess. Wait, that'd be "Here's Aldo" then
    My bad for not showing up earlier; I hadn't made myself aware that this game doesn't have notifications on new phases.

However, I've taken this chance to get paced with everyone, and I shouldn't be a let down this way.

I fail to see what suggests an admiring role. Is this an idea formed by the "watch" tidbit?
    I can't say the same for this game, but the prequel had no third-party roles, from what I gathered. I think this being a sequel would mean there's no third-party here either. But if this followed the prequel, it would make finding out what roles are in here if we got help from the veterans, thus easier.

Understandable, although it would be weird if so, as most admiring roles I know start admiring on the first day. Perhaps it has another meaning?

I'm unsure why you think so, because it was Superjolt who began the votes on Neon Sword. It's unlikely that someone would buss so early, don't you think?
    It's why I believe Superjolt is sided with the village.
    Agreeing to Lulu [vote] jdthebud; I wouldn't trust you merely based on that. I feel like jdthebud didn't read L'Belle's reasoning and only saw his vote on him and just OMGUS'ed, based on his reaction.

My bad, I hadn't looked well enough. It's reasonable enough to townread you instead of Superjolt for that reason, I suppose.
    Ah, is it a plausible idea if we have Blacksmith vest a player with a gun so there's no risk in shooting it?
    No gun with me. I, too, think we lost the mortician, as pointed by the flavor.
    Two indisputable reasons for not shooting me:

1. Your gun is not proven real.
    2. Threatening with guns motivates wolves, not town. You'll understand if you think about each's reactions to it.
    3. I feel like a gun is better used on someone we would lynch since it provides reads faster and we'd have time to reorganize our thoughts based on votes and FOS'es.
    \\

EC is my townread because he started the NSword's bandwagon. gimmepie is a townread because he didn't jump on that bandwagon, and speaking from my experience and a feeling of mine, I think he'd never waste an opportunity to buss. Your attitude is admirable and helpful to the goal, but somehow I can only remember you asking questions that spark conversation. It may be just me overlooking something but I haven't seen your reads yet. I don't have wolfreads.

I think Mafia have an urge to do SOMETHING to just keep themselves out of our lynch choices, so I think that aside from Kitty, Pecilia and my reads above, everyone else has just been dropping a post then leaving,and I think that it's a wolfy trait. Thus, I too suggest shooting inactives, but I insist you instead shoot someone we would lynch.
    \\

On a side note, jdthebud seemed too uninterested in defending themselves, and this seems to suggest he's not lost yet. I think there's a cult...
    >I won't be a let down
    :eyes:

>posturing
    >townread on SJ
    >vote for jd
    >townread on EC and tentative backtracking on SJ?

Aldo's most significant post is his last one, which is mostly him trying to reason why he shouldn't be shot, and then insisting that someone shoots a lynch candidate (which honestly should be a given, but there don't seem to be "good" agreed upon lynch candidates and thus that all kind of blends together for the moment)

interesting cult suggestion I guess

I'm not getting too much off of Aldo's posts, even compared to the two I already posted about who have fewer posts. Right now I'm still null here

Superjolt

Put some [b][color=Red]color[/color][/b] in your l
    Years
    Okay so I feel like I have to do this before Superjolt fires his fake gun and we end up losing more people than necessary, that and scum will eventually see my confidence that the guns are fake as a soft claim so may as well make it for sure. I'm Santa, those guns aren't mine. I gave a vest to Jd and kitty. I will not reveal last night's gift for obvious reasons, keep the scum guessing. The reason I had a town read on EC and SJ is because I never gave them those items.
    Ah... well, that's good to know.

Ok let's see... where are my scum reads at now? I'm thinking Doof, Aldo, mala, maybe GP? Need to re-evaluate this though. Also a note to look at Lulu again later.
    I'm so ****ing glad you did that because I was starting to think that we might actually not have a fabricator. This makes more sense to me.
    GP do you think you could take a look through the game again and try to put some reads together? I'm asking because I don't town read you currently and I need to see something more from you.

Also I agree with Naku about CB. Disagree about mala though, I had her as a light town lean D2 for her post but... idk.

(Wondering if a Doof/Lulu/Aldo team makes sense. This is just a thought though, maybe Saws could be swapped in there with Lulu or Aldo. I'm going with the idea of 3 scum left, it would make sense in a 16 player game to have 4 maf total.)

ugh ok I'm really tired

Definitely gonna need to reread the thread tomorrow

Years
    GP do you think you could take a look through the game again and try to put some reads together? I'm asking because I don't town read you currently and I need to see something more from you.

Well, looking through the thread it's pretty obvious that Peci knew that the guns were fake. He kept asking who got them and encouraging that nobody shoots.

Naku is currently fitting more into what I would expect from him... but it feels weird to me that he's doing exactly what I'd expect after I said what I expect. That's kind of a shitty way to read someone though since it's practically lose/lose for them. I wouldn't say I trust him but I am going to take back my original vote.

[unvote] Nakuzami

Doof I'm still not sure of. He still hasn't added much to the game but his one particularly contributory post was solid and he does claim to have been ill.

I'm townreading Josh. His posts haven't been high in number but each of them has contained a lot of information it was all analytic as opposed to wild assumptions or regurgitating info that has already been stated.

I feel like Lulu and Mala are probably town. They've been earnest enough with their reads and much like I said with Mala, I don't really see her going for the early bus. They mostly play like I'd expect from newer players on the town side.

EC and Chura are obviously clear. Peci too.

I'm now townreading Saws. While his d1 felt fishy to me, his behaviour has been pretty consistent with his town play in other games at this stage.

Aldo... I think I'm leaning scum with Aldo. I hadn't really thought much of his posts at all until I read yours just now and going back through the game he's said little of consequence and has on occasion just regurgitated info others have already put forward. On top of that his one post with any real substance seemed like it was trying to subtly cast some doubt over you - a very active scumhunter in the game. I wouldn't say it's the strongest read I've ever had but I'm plenty comfortable with an Aldo vote.

[vote] Aldo

Peci, since you're santa, what have your investigation results been? That would help a hell of a lot here.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Peci, since you're santa, what have your investigation results been? That would help a hell of a lot here.

That wasn't in the job description. I can just give out guns and vests, no naughty or nice list from. Though someone else has to have investigations, you think a cop claim would be a good idea? I can vest them tonight and they can't kill us both probably.

Years
    That wasn't in the job description. I can just give out guns and vests, no naughty or nice list from. Though someone else has to have investigations, you think a cop claim would be a good idea? I can vest them tonight and they can't kill us both probably.

Only if they've found mafia imo. Otherwise they're just making themselves a target for kills, redirection, roleblocking etc.

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    Only if they've found mafia imo. Otherwise they're just making themselves a target for kills, redirection, roleblocking etc.
    Well if they have inno reports on people outside the clear list it could potentionally narrow down the fab or the other mafia, if they're not a godfather.

Years
    I feel kind of ok with this post, but there's got to be more scum than just Aldo

Obviously, but he's the only one I feel particularly strongly about atm. I'm iffy on Doof and a little less so on Naku but no strong reads there currently. I'll get back to you if I have any better ideas.

I will give a heads up that my health issues are starting to flare up so my activity might drop a little in the coming days.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I'm going to [vote] Aldo since I need to vote and he's been the most sheep person here so far with his posts

An unlikable post, because the only time I voted was on Day 2, and it was the 2nd vote on jdthebud. That's not sheepish at all!
    Don't recall myself agreeing to someone either, with the sole exception being Lulu.

[Vote] Sawsbuck

Aldo... I think I'm leaning scum with Aldo. I hadn't really thought much of his posts at all until I read yours just now and going back through the game he's said little of consequence and has on occasion just regurgitated info others have already put forward. On top of that his one post with any real substance seemed like it was trying to subtly cast some doubt over you - a very active scumhunter in the game. I wouldn't say it's the strongest read I've ever had but I'm plenty comfortable with an Aldo vote.

The only time I said what someone else had already said was in jd's bandwagon, if I recall correctly. Plus, I've never cast doubt in Pecilia. In fact, when Superjolt threatened to shoot me, I suggested to not shoot Pecilia. This is no time for giving false charges.

Remove your votes from me at once. I'm the snoop, and the one that received an item from Pecilia is gimmepie (unless it's also fake).

Last edited:

Pecilia

Best Witch
    Years
    An unlikable post, because the only time I voted was on Day 2, and it was the 2nd vote on jdthebud. That's not sheepish at all!
    Don't recall myself agreeing to someone either, with the sole exception being Lulu.

[Vote] Sawsbuck

The only time I said what someone else had already said was in jd's bandwagon, if I recall correctly. Plus, I've never cast doubt in Pecilia. In fact, when Superjolt threatened to shoot me, I suggested to not shoot Pecilia. This is no time for giving false charges.

Remove your votes from me at once. I'm the snoop, and the one that received an item from Pecilia is gimmepie (unless it's also fake).

Incorrect, bold of you to try this considering how being wrong would be known to 3 people.

EDIT: actually snoop doesn't see who their target received the item from. GP, is it true you received an item? Don't say what, as the snoop also should know what the item does according to EM.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back