• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Burning Souls - Halloween Event 2020

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
?????? Sydian / Badge 4:
Sleep paralysis - Each time a Pokémon is affected by a status condition, it loses 5 levels from its level limit.

i thought i don't get a rule between the 4th and 5th badges bc i'm playing a hoenn game? i was just updating bc i like to update after every gym. so do i need to apply that now or wait until after the 5th badge?

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
i thought i don't get a rule between the 4th and 5th badges bc i'm playing a hoenn game? i was just updating bc i like to update after every gym. so do i need to apply that now or wait until after the 5th badge?

I feel like it's alright to wait, just like it happened with other players! This is not a segment-specific rule, either!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Spoiler:

Should've just made a single post for everything but alas...

Ruleset Update!

💀 Aeternum / Badge 2:
Guardian angel - Pick one other player's Pokémon. It gains 10 more levels for their level limit. Use this as a one time Jolly card whenever you see fit!

💀 Yuna / Badge 1:
You are not prepared! - Each Pokémon currently on your team loses 5 levels from their level limit, unless it knows at least one Ghost-type move.

Phye

The Eternal Night :.
Years
Welp, not a lot was made different with that rule since between Badge 1 and 2 is such a huge gap that I would probably have to change my team anyway! :D The only one that did not get stricken by it was Pansage as he had lick at the time so decided to use him fully.

Kitsune leveled up to 20 during the travel to the second gym so had to box him midway through. Changed out a few of my members on the way. (I also only capture the first mon I see because Im so undecisive when it comes to challenge teams even if its not a nuzlocke this time.)

Broccoli was used in the gym until he reached his level limit. I had bought a leaf stone earlier to be used on him when he learned seed bomb, the one I found on route 8 did I use on Sakura after she learned Mega Drain.

Snorlax took care of the gymleader with a crit Rock Smash on Amaura and a few Bulldoze on Tyrunt. Second badge get!

Current Team:.
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_RS_Guitarist.png

guitarist al | ruby | badges: 5

🔮20 level limit, 10 level limit after 4 badges
🔮ghosts +5 levels
🔮odds +5, evens -5 (at time of 2nd badge)
🔮-5 unless ghost move (at time of 3rd badge)
🔮-5 if pokemon gets status condition
🔮no items in battle except held (personal rule)

Spr_3r_315.png

Mama lv. 24 (max: 29) @ miracle seed
poison point / relaxed
absorb / mega drain / leech seed / stun spore

Spr_3r_068.png

The End. lv. 30 (max: 35) @ oran berry
guts / timid
low kick / leer / revenge / karate chop

Spr_3r_338.png

Look Alive lv. 29 (max: 38) @ king's rock
levitate / timid
fire spin / confusion / psychic / rock throw

Spr_3r_335.png

SharpLives lv. 26 (max: 35) @ silk scarf
immunity / naughty
slash / quick attack / swords dance / fury cutter

Spr_3r_296.png

Give'mHell lv. 22 (max: 25) @ quick claw
thick fat / docile
fake out / vital throw / sand-attack / arm thrust

i spent a longer amount of time than normal grinding for this one bc i wanted to at least get machoke and evolve it bc i needed that extra attack boost that machamp gets. so that was my priority. raised up solrock and zangoose for this portion too bc i knew i wanted to use them, although machamp pretty much stole the show. roselia and makuhita i'm mostly done with, i just needed back up and roselia did come in clutch w leech seed. it's possible i wouldn't have won without that. i didn't apply that new rule just yet, but even if i had, i got lucky and avoided statuses for this segment anyway. however, i'm not looking forward to the next. new mauville is full of electric types w thunder wave and it's skippable, yeah, but i want that thunderbolt tm for later down the road. but even if i skipped it, that leaves a route full of oddish/gloom and electrike/manectric ready to fuck me up. now that pokemon can only get 10 levels, that doesn't leave me a lot of room to get statuses. i'm honestly expecting this rule to fuck me up and white me out completely or frustrate me to the point of quitting lol but we'll see. give me my next dose of poison and we'll see how quickly i lose my sanity. also, i didn't really catch anything this segment except a sandshrew that i was thinking about using for back up in the gym, but eh. a lot of the pokemon available in the desert would max out lower than the stuff i got right before flannery so i was like. i'll just wait.

box:
276.gif
312.gif
269.gif
109.gif
263.gif
285.gif

304.gif
184.gif
322.gif
027.gif

out:
259.gif

Last edited:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
Years
I'm here to take all the bad luck. :fufu:

🔮 Name: Hyzenthlay
🔮 Trainer Class: Pokémon Breeder (female, gen 4)
🔮 Your favourite horror monster: Bienfu
🔮 Game: Pokémon X

:D

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Eleanor • Blaze Black 2 • Badge #7

That was a long segment with tons of Pokémon to catch, items to find, trainers to fight (and almost lose to), and new areas to explore! A very enjoyable part of the game overall. I was able to find some new team members, and despite the smaller level cap they've been very helpful anyways - especially in these games, after all, it really depends on where you go looking for them. To expand on this... I was actually looking for Pokémon that would benefit from the level limit bonus, so Rock types, Psychic types, and Pokémon that knew Giga Drain or similar, so that I could train them more and be on par with the Gym Leader's levels, but I still managed to beat Drayden while underleveled, even with Pokémon who only have the standard 10 levels after capture. Of course, it was a big challenge, but it was still doable much like the previous Gym Battles before this one. Just two segments remain... in which I'll have to change up nearly all my team anyways.

My team right now is...
Spoiler:

Years
Spoiler:

Ruleset Update!

💀 Yuna / Badge 2:
Forest's Curse - Grass, Poison and Flying-type Pokémon currently on your team lose 10 levels from the level limit. (Pokémon who have 2 of these types at the same time, such as Bulbasaur, still lose 10 levels).

💀 Sydian / Badge 5:
Soaring Spirit - All Flying-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

💀 Eleanor / Badge 7:
Meddling with mystic forces - Any time you teach a Pokémon a Psychic or Ghost-type move, it gains 2 levels for their level limit. Any time you teach a Pokémon a Dark-type move, it loses 3 levels.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
Badge #7 get!!

Currently active rules:
  • Normal Pokémon gain 5 levels for their level limit
  • When a Pokémon evolves, it loses 5 levels from its level limit
  • No items may be used in battle

Active rule for this segment only:
  • All Pokémon currently on your team lose 20 levels from their level limit

The active rule for this segment could've been really bad had my only eligible Pokémon at the time (Sudowoodo) already not been two levels away from the limit. First thing I did when I started was look around the surrounding routes of Mahogany to catch some things. My rule boosting normal types' level limits by 5 worked in my favor this time, since Girafarig and Pidgeotto were catchable on Route 43. Picked those two up as well as another Flaaffy (my previous one was boxed since it met its level limit), and got to training on the nearby trainers that I avoided until now since I had no team lol. Also captured the Red Gyarados in Lake of Rage for some help if I ever needed it.

Helped Lance with the Rocket hideout which was somewhat tough (+catching Electrode while I was at it, just in case) and then tried Pryce's gym when my team were in their low 20s. It didn't go too well...probably my first time struggling in that gym haha. So I trained on Route 43 and Route 41 to get my team to 27-28. The extra levels helped Flaaffy survive Pryce's Seel and Dewgong, and Gyarados helped out a bit against Piloswine when Girafarig couldn't handle it. And we won! :D

Current team members
180.gif

Flaaffy ♀ Lv. 26 (caught lv. 17 - max lv. 27)
Tackle, Growl, Thundershock, Thunder Wave

17.gif

Pidgeotto ♂️ Lv. 28 (caught lv. 17 - max lv. 32)
Tackle, Sand-Attack, Gust, Quick Attack

203.gif

Girafarig ♀ Lv. 28 (caught lv. 15 - max lv. 30)
Tackle, Growl, Confusion, Stomp

130.png

Gyarados ♂️ Lv. 30 (caught lv. 30 - max lv. 40)
Thrash, Bite, Dragon Rage, Surf​

Former team members
Spoiler:

Phye

Years
Welp, that curse killed off Ivysaur and Vileplume immediately so had to switch them out. Aerodactyl was also hit and here I thought I was lucky to get an Old Amber in the first rock smash since you get the aerodactylite as well back in town. Decided not grind it because I would be around 30+ at the next gym and that was his level limit after that curse.

Was a rather uneventful walk through the woods. Caught a few mons here and there, and god damn a lot of them turning out Rash and I'm not even having my synchronizer in the front XD Kirlia took care of the glittering cave until I had to retire her.

Decided to evolve my Eevee into sylveon because I wanted to use her in the fighting gym. Exeggcute with eviolite turned out to be a real trooper in there. Sylveon, Exeggcute and Mr.Mime took care of the gym for me!

Third Badge aquired!

Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
💀 Sydian / Badge 5:
Soaring Spirit - All Flying-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

just double checking - i had no flying types on my team or that i'm using right now, but does this apply to flying types i may catch later, like my ghost rule from earlier? sorry i just wanna double check bc the wording makes it seem like it's at the time the rule is added, but when i got this rule for ghosts, i was told it applies to the whole run.

Phye

Years
Ah when you mentioned it, the wording of my two rules were the same as well so I thought it also just meant it was for one badge only. But according to the front page it says one of them is a continuous effect? I'm kind of confused that you use the same wording for both.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
just popping in to say that this losing 5 levels when inflicted w a status condition is going to end me. i'm going to throw my gba lmfao

Years
Gym 6 Defeated

So far in this romhack, general NPCs have been relatively easy, while the Gym Leaders have been a big jump in difficulty.

In a hilarious turn of events, this section was the exact opposite. The lvl limit rule has created a weird middle ground for this section of the game where there are almost no decent fully evolved Pokemon I can use; all the Pokemon I can catch at a decent level evolve beyond the level limit. The NPCs however all have really good Pokemon because they're using fully evolved early Pokemon they I can't use. If not for the extra 5 levels one of my new rules gave me for Electabuzz, I don't know how I would've even made it to the gym. I was visiting the Pokemon center after almost every battle.

However at lvl 48 my Klink learnt Shift Gear which made Winona an easy sweep. For some reason her Skarmory just wasn't trying to attack me, so I got easy maxed out Atk and Speed and one-shot all of her Pokemon. Thank Arceus for the extra 5 levels from the Mineral Egg Group rule.

Team:
Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
just double checking - i had no flying types on my team or that i'm using right now, but does this apply to flying types i may catch later, like my ghost rule from earlier? sorry i just wanna double check bc the wording makes it seem like it's at the time the rule is added, but when i got this rule for ghosts, i was told it applies to the whole run.

Ah when you mentioned it, the wording of my two rules were the same as well so I thought it also just meant it was for one badge only. But according to the front page it says one of them is a continuous effect? I'm kind of confused that you use the same wording for both.

Those do last forever, yes. Still, I can't help but agree that the wording there is due for some improvements... Back when the challenge started, we were still unsure of how to do this, after all :')

Updating soon 😇

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Spoiler:

Ruleset Update!

💀 Yuna / Badge 3:
False messiah - Pick one other player's Pokémon. It loses 10 levels from their level limit. You can use this whenever you see fit!

💀 Sheep / Badge 7:
Minimize Weak Points - All Normal-type Pokémon gain 5 more levels for their level limit. (Stacks with the previous instance of this rule!)

💀 Wschimidth / Badge 6:
Ghostly fire - All Fire-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

Last edited:

Phye

Years
Not a lot of stuff went on inbetween the Fighting and Grass Gym. I used Mega Lucario to my full power. Snorlax finally retired after reaching 35. He was such a powerhouse early on in the game.

I will give my 'bane' when people least expect it >:D or rather when I see something juicy to curse. Also the Forest's Curse I may or may have not broken that rule with seviper during the last segment due to me not knowing it was a continuos effect, but I don't remember using Seviper anything other than maybe if I needed it to take a hit or so in the fighting gym. If you want to give me a penalty for having the seviper during the last segment I would be honored to take it rather than restart the whole challenge due to a misunderstanding on my part.

Lucario swept the whole grass gym while Exeggcute dealt with Azure Bay until his level limit was hit.

Fourth badge aquired! Level Limits reduced by 10 more levels!

Spoiler:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
Eleanor • Blaze Black 2 • Badge #8

This part started off with a bang, as I had to go and catch 3 team members specifically for the fight that comes right after Drayden... the team Plasma sage in Opelucid. Spoiler alert, only two proved useful, whereas the third, that I had so much hopes for, kind of let me down. I eventually was able to progress further than that, though, and reached Humilau without too much trouble. I levelled up some new team members as well and swapped out those who were close to the level cap so... all good, right?
That was until I hit the Gym, which you're supposed to fight as soon as you get there but that, even after all the training, was a literal nightmare to go through! It felt like the game was lagging on purpose right as I was fighting those trainers, too, as they proceeded to knock me out multiple times with all the coverage moves. Guess that's something to be prepared for when you're underleveled...
I came back to fight Marlon only after a bit more training, but... still not as much as you'd think, given the levels. Once again though, difficult but doable. My Pokémon outdid themselves for this one, netting me the last badge and the last rule of the run! Now though... now things get real!

My team right now is...
Spoiler:

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Spr_RS_Guitarist.png

guitarist al | ruby | badges: 6

🔮20 level limit, 10 level limit after 4 badges
🔮ghosts +5 levels
🔮odds +5, evens -5 (at time of 2nd badge)
🔮-5 unless ghost move (at time of 3rd badge)
🔮-5 if pokemon gets status condition
🔮flying +5 levels
🔮no items in battle except held (personal rule)

Spr_3r_335.png

SharpLives lv. 31 (max: 35) @ silk scarf
immunity / naughty
slash / quick attack / swords dance / crush claw

Spr_3r_073.png

IDontLoveU lv. 35 (max: 44) @ mystic water
clear body / modest
surf / bubblebeam / wrap / acid

Spr_3r_040.png

SING lv. 31 (max: 35) @ amulet coin
cute charm / sassy
strength / disable / rollout / shock wave

Spr_3r_109.png

Party Psn lv. 31 (max: 36) @ quick claw
levitate / rash
poison gas / sludge / tackle / smokescreen

Spr_3r_310.png

Skylines lv. 29 (max: 31) @ king's rock
lightningrod / hasty
howl / quick attack / spark / odor sleuth

Spr_3r_359.png

Demolition lv. 29 (max: 37) @ exp share
pressure / quirky
quick attack / bite / razor wind / swords dance

so not long into this segment, i basically lost my solrock and newly caught manectric. solrock lost 5 levels from paralysis and it was already at 32 and its new max is 33...i just. boxed it at that point. manectric lost 5 from the same thing and went from 36 to 31 when it was at 29. i boxed it while i trecked up route 117 to conserve any level gains for the flying gym bc i knew i'd need it there. over all though, aside from those hang ups, this segment wasn't bad. caught a couple more pokemon and i've got a few more i plan on grabbing at mt. pyre and in the safari zone. can't wait to see what i'm plagued with next lol. once i'm out on the ocean though, i won't have to worry so much about the status thing unless i run into a trainer or w/e. also i'm tired of getting sprites for the boxed mons so i'm just gonna list them now lol

box:
shroomish, zigzagoon, dustox, taillow, makuhita, aron, minun, roselia, azumarill, numel, machamp, solrock, sandshrew, castform

out:
marshtomp

Years
💀 Wschimidth / Badge 6:
Ghostly fire - All Fire-type Pokémon currently on your team gain 5 more levels for their level limit.

Well I only had one Pokemon in my team and it wasn't fire, so that's unfortunate.

Gym 7 Defeated

I can't believe I got away with how underleveled my Pokemon were for this fight. The gym had all lvl 64's. I replayed it a bunch and eventually just built up a decent strategy, but ultimately it was Toxic Spikes that won me the fight.

Team:
Spoiler:

Back