• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

C&M Advent Calendar

Years
    Dec 11: Best Christmas present ever? (Related to C&M, ideally.)

I think I got a computer one year. (There's your media tie-in.) I say "I think" because my birthday is sort of around Christmas so if I got a present on one day or the other it's hard to remember.

I really can't remember presents I get for Christmas. I'm trying right now to think of something, anything, that I can definitely say was a Christmas present and nothing is coming to mind.

Years
    Dec 11: Best Christmas present ever? (Related to C&M, ideally.)

When I was ten, I was obsessed with Lemony Snicket's Series of Unfortunate Events, and my grandma got me the last three books in the series. That was pretty damn awesome to me.

Years
    [SIZE="a"]Nintendo Wii! I will never forget that! I had gotten a bunch of accessories and my parents told me that they couldn't get a wii so I had to wait until a new shipment came in, but to my surprise the very last present that was hiding behind the tree was the wii! I was screaming and jumping. Man, good times, good times.[/SIZE]

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
    I think my favourite Christmas present ever would have to be either my Super Nintendo when I was 5 or my Nintendo 64 when I was 9 or 10. I don't think I've used any Christmas present nearly as much as I did the two of them.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    I can't pick one present. It was a collection of presents. By far my most memorable haul.

It was the only time we ever went and opened up our stockings first instead of the presents under the tree. In my stocking was a plushie of a winged-cap Mario in the flying pose of the Super Mario 64 box art. Interesting. I was a Mario fanatic, but I didn't have an N64 and I never played Super Mario 64.

Get to the presents under the tree... I got an N64 (oddly, not Super Mario 64 XD) and a Game Boy Color! Mario Kart 64, Banjo-Kazooie, Shadows of the Empire, Pokemon Blue, Link's Awakening DX. I didn't ask for... any of those I don't think. Maybe Pokemon. It was a big surprise.

Best haul ever. I always played video games. I had a NES and SuperNES. But, on that day I became a gamer.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 12: Worst Christmas present ever? (Ideally related to C&M)

I need to leave the house, like, nownownow... but I didn't want to be super late three days in a row, so I'll just leave this here and then answer it later.

Shining Raichu

Years
    One year my favourite uncle bought me Season 1 of Lost In Space. For those of you who don't know, Lost In Space is a show from the 60s (or possibly earlier). He liked it when he was a kid so he thought I'd like it since we're so much alike. However, I pretty much have a general rule of thumb that states I will not like anything made before I was born.

Long story short, we watched the first episode that day and it was the longest hour of my life.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Again, apologies for the speed at this. Very busy week (but then two weeks off so yay!)

Dec 13: Least favourite Christmas family tradition?

NowIhavetoleavethehousenownownowsorrysorrysorry...

Shining Raichu

Years
    There is a tradition in my household that I am the only one to care about Christmas while everyone else either gripes about how much they hate Christmas or whines about how they're too tired to deal with it. I wish that tradition would go away.

Years

My grandmother, who is now senile, but was still mostly okay at the time, gave me one of those touch lights - you know, the kind that you stick to a wall and has a kind of plastic half-dome that you press to make the light go on. That was odd. What made it worse was that she got the same thing for everyone that year. What made it the worst was that she'd put batteries in it (or maybe they came with it) and they had corroded and leaked nasty battery juice all over me when I opened it up. :(

Dec 13: Least favourite Christmas family tradition?

Can I just put down Christmas in general? Decorating. It was always really annoying because my parents have so much ugly crap they put out each year and I was always supposed to be around to help them unpack it, put it somewhere, then pack it all back up again when Christmas was over. Always lost one of my Saturdays doing that.

Years
    Dec. 13 - Least favorite Christmas tradition?
    Decorating at my mom's house. My little sister has to put up the tree like the weekend after Thanksgiving AND have Christmas music while she's decorating it so I'm listening to Christmas music on December 1st.

With my dad, it's just "Get the oranaments and crank up the Bon Jovi."

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Dec. 13 - Least favorite Christmas tradition?
    We always go visit my nans best friends house at Christmas. Which is all well and good for the aldults and my sisters becasue they all have friends that will be there. Meanwhile I have no one there my age or even my gender and usually spend the time sitting on my own or with the adults. Great.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been away for personal reasons and therefore I have missed the majority of the Advent Calender, I'm sorry :(
    But to make up for it, I will talk about every single thing on the calender that I have missed regardless of whether you enjoy it or not, lol. So, here we go!

Dec 5: Favourite Christmas carol?
    I don't know, really. There are so many to choose from and to be honest, I don't really listen to Christmas carols as much as Christmas songs like All I Want for Christmas is You and Last Christmas (the latter can't really be counted as a Christmas song per say, but to em it falls under the Christmas category lol). But, to answer your question, HARK NOW HEAR! THE ANGELS SING! A KING A WAS BORN TODAAAAAAAAY!
    Dec 6: That Christmas song you ALWAYS hear on the radio
    As of late, Justin Bieber's cover of All I Want for Christmas is You. It's..just...terrible. It really is. He's butchered the song completely and Mariah doesn't even sound good in her parts in the song :(
    Dec 7: Favourite Christmas food?
    Eggnog, next question, please.
    Dec 8: Favourite Christmas sporting tradition?
    I don't have any...?
    Dec 9: Least favourite Christmas food?
    That terrible, horrific chimera of foods, Christmas cake.
    Dec 10: Favourite Christmas family tradition?
    Probably the watching of movies after we've all had lots to eat/drink, anything and everything is funny to us and you can find us wide awake at 2am watching Borat or something, laughing and crying.
    Dec 11: Best Christmas present ever? (Related to C&M ideally)
    Probably the Nintendo Wii I got from my uncle in 2008. I don't use it now, but when I got it, I was at the brink of tears lol. As far as I was concerned, Christmas was over, it was all about the Wii. Sorry Jesus, but it's not your birthday anymore, it's Mario kart time.
    Joey Seasons 1 & 2. Sold it the next day.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 14: What about Christmas do you wish could stay for the whole year?

For me, the general genial atmosphere of people on Christmas Day itself is the thing I'd most like to be replicated throughout the year. The food would eventually get tiresome, the weather would get monotonous, even the constant present giving would lose its impact. (Don't get me started on the decorations... I wish they'd just GTFO even during Christmas!) The atmosphere, on the other hand, on the day itself (and not leading up to it, which can often break people not ready for it) is often a wonderful thing - at least from my perspective, and would love to see it continue into the New Year, as opposed to dying a quick death on Boxing Day.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I want the decorations to stay all year. Seriously, like, all the houses, even our house looks pretty and festive and when it's over all the houses look boring and it's like "yeah why bother taking this down, it looks really nice! :("
    /so not looking forward to January due to that

Shining Raichu

Years
    Why you gotta hate on the decorations, Cat Dog? They're the best part of Christmas!

Though I have to say, the part I love most about Christmas is the atmosphere not on the day, but in the lead-up. That's the part I'd like to keep all year round. That feeling that you're building up to something amazing.

Years

Tasteful Christmas lights. I don't like any other kind of Christmas decorations (especially lawn ornaments like plastic baby Jesuses and giant inflatable igloos), but even so the lights can't be overdone or arranged poorly. Just a little bit of nighttime illumination to accent a building and maybe one or two trees.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years

Teh Prezzies!!!!!

But seriously I wish the Christmas cheer could stay. As Christmas arrives everyone gets more excited and happy. Christmas really brings people togethor. If it was like that all year we would have a much better world.

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Why you gotta hate on the decorations, Cat Dog? They're the best part of Christmas!
    They're obnoxious and ugly and just no :(

The Christmas songs, lol. I know people get sick of them really quickly, but I love them to death. I listen to them regardless of if it's Christmas or not, I just love them too much!

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Dec 15: Least favourite sporting tradition?

This is the second (of two) sporting ones, so... yay? Anyhoo, I never like how Dec 26 turns into football madness. So much of it all on one day (and then repeated a week later on New Year's Day as well). Crrrrrrrazy!

Back