• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can people help me make a team (helpful critism is needed)

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Mmmmmm...a Forretress with Zap Cannon? IMO, not gonna work.

The term "Gyarados Counter" comes to mind. Let's not jump to suck conclusions next time :/

Though flmaehaze, Gyro ball isn't awful either you know. It has saved me countless times (though we can blame that on the metagame but I won't go there lol).

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Dont forget the dreaded Explosion that puts an end to a lot of problems, like Gyarados.

I'm not crazy about blowing up my wall, except for the rare steelix of the CB variant or when I have decent enough backup walling.

Which when you come to think of it, explosion would help if you had something like donphan to back it up.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    should I keep gyro ball also can people now rate my team since it's going to it's finishing stages now? I think I have good team coverage and Gyarados is not a problem with all the ice beams i have.

Last edited:

lanturn 550

Lanturn Warrior
    Years
    I personly think that togekiss is a bit..... under offensive... anyways i chose my superteam by weakness, movestes and strategies (e.g. my electric impervious lanturn with blizzard or heracross with shadow claw.)

sims796

We're A-Comin', Princess!
    Years
    I don't care what people say. I think Zap Cannon Forry sucks like holy hell. Gya's Sp.Def is quite high compared to Forry's hard to look at Sp.ATK. I must flip a coin to HOPE it hits, & it won't OHKO Gya. Plus, If Gya came ino Forry, the opponent will most likely switch-Forry walls Gya pretty well. Not for paralysis, get someone who can use 100% T-Wave if you want it so bad. You'll need some hard core evidence to convince me otherwise.

EDIT:Plus. Ice Beam doesn't scare Gya in the least. Ice Punch is good on Vire, but still, Grass is better. But its so difficult to get.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I personly think that togekiss is a bit..... under offensive... anyways i chose my superteam by weakness, movestes and strategies (e.g. my electric impervious lanturn with blizzard or heracross with shadow claw.)

Not to bust your bubble but that made no sense at all. and blizzard is bad unless it has hail support, and most hail teams are gimmicks anyways.

Syaoran

most likely hates your guts
    Years
    Not for paralysis, get someone who can use 100% T-Wave if you want it so bad. You'll need some hard core evidence to convince me otherwise.

But Thunder Wave gets taunted. Although I agree that Zap Cannon is crap. 50% becomes 40% due to Waterfall's 20% flinch rate.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    I don't like it either, but it CAN work, just saying "lol it sukz!!!11!!" isn't the best way of going about...that isn't aimed at you guys, I'm just making a point ;)

Though it is frustrating to fight with for both the Gyara and forry users.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    A boltbeamer starmie scare Gya a little?

Any quick edit's to my team?

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    does anyone know how to breed fire punch into a snorlax?because it doesn't say how toon serebii!

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    ya but i need type coverage for snorlax so is there a 4th gen move out of it's type group that isn't dark or ground?

also what is better for snorlax a body slam or return ?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    ya but i need type coverage for snorlax so is there a 4th gen move out of it's type group that isn't dark or ground?

what is better for snorlax a body slam or return

???

You're saying you want type coverage and then you're asking me for a normal move? >.>

Best coverage is crunch and EQ. There aren't really any other good substitutes, except for fire blast for skarm, which was occasionally ran in ADV.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    no because I intend to have a snorlax with body slam but if return is better then i will put it instead

also i've put this team on another forum and they say i've putten way to much hp ev's into starmie?

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    Well, your team is totally murdered by Tyranitar so you need EQ for sure. EQ and a normal move...not the best combo. Bronzong, Skarm and the likes give you trouble. But the worst thing is gengar...ouch...

Faceless*

YES!
    Years
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 17, 2013
    Wow... hahaha Zap Cannon? I can't believe even the move itself was brought up, good luck with 50% accuracy =P

Anyways, Forretress can set up almost anything you'd like, it's REALLY versatile.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    How is gengar my worst enemy seeing as I have Porygon-Z to take care of him with his normalness and dark pulse?

Gengar can't touch him but I will put EQ because it's competitive even though I have EQ on Forretress and ice beam on Starmie.

Anti

return of the king
    Years
    How is gengar my worst enemy seeing as I have Porygon-Z to take care of him with his normalness and dark pulse?

Focus blast says hi.

Gengar can't touch him but I will put EQ because it's competitive even though I have EQ on Forretress and ice beam on Starmie.

Really, I can't make sense of a word you're saying :/ It's inspiring me NOT to help.

Pory Z gets pummeled by specs focus blast and now your sweeper is nearly dead...

Back