• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can people help me make a team (helpful critism is needed)

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Swellow has a terrible moveset. It is uncapable of damaging Ghost and Steel types, and can be taken out quite easily.

Aerial Ace and Brave bird kills ghost types and can you find a move in any swellows moveset to kill steels ? This is where U-Turn and switching come in.

Last edited:

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Thank you also should i make my porygon-Z a choice specs porygon-Z or it wouldn't work for my team.

What would a good moveset for a special defense snorlax be that wont' be subjected to a taunt?

GeneralGuy

Competitive Pokémon Expert
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Aerial Ace and Brave bird kills ghost types can you find a move in any swellows moveset to kill steels ? This is where U-Turn and switching come in.
    Fortresses should be switched into Steel types, unless you're facing Heatran.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thank you also should i make my porygon-Z a choice specs porygon-Z or it wouldn't work for my team.

What would a good moveset for a special defense snorlax thta wont' be subjected to taunt?

Snorlax@Leftovers
    nature: Careful
    evs: 76HP / 44ATK / 136DEF / 252SP.DEF
    ABILITY : THICK FAT
    - Fire Punch /Crunch / Earthquake
    - Body Slam
    - Rest
    - Curse

You got mixed up, its SLAKING that gets traunt lol

Fire Punch for steels who somewhat wall this.

Crunch for psychics and ghosts again the latter walls you.

Earthquake for Tyranitar and general coverage etc.

Body Slam for paralysis.

Rest to restore hp.

Curse to buff you up on the attack and defense side.

The porygon you have now is fine,but you can specs it if you wish but you wont be able to pass Nasty Plots to it.

Last edited:

GeneralGuy

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Fortress? WTF? You should actually switch something that can decently counter the Steel Type. :/
    If the opposing pokemon is a tank, switch into Fortresses and setup Spikes, while EQing the steel type. If the pokemon is a wall, however, switch into a sweeper and proceed to kill it.

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    If the opposing pokemon is a tank, switch into Fortresses and setup Spikes, while EQing the steel type. If the pokemon is a wall, however, switch into a sweeper and proceed to kill it.

Ok. Kinda hard to understand. x.x And EQ still does crap, crappy Attack, and Steel Types like Steelix are defensive. IMO. Walls are made to counter Sweepers. x.x

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Snorlax@Leftovers
    nature: Careful
    evs: 76HP / 44ATK / 136DEF / 252SP.DEF
    ABILITY : THICK FAT
    - Fire Punch /Crunch / Earthquake
    - Body Slam
    - Rest
    - Curse

You got mixed up, its SLAKING that gets traunt lol

Fire Punch for steels

Crunch for psychics and ghosts

Earthquake for Tyranitar etc.

Body Slam for paralysis

Rest to restore hp.

Curse to buff you up on the attack and defense side.

The porygon you have now is fine,but you can specs it if you wish but you wont be able to pass Nasty Plots to it.

That is why i made a thread to help me correct my original team (I knew there was alot wrong with it)

And wow that covers alot thanks( now i gotta decide between which moves to pick on it based on my teams weaknesses)

GeneralGuy

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    Ok. Kinda hard to understand. x.x And EQ still does crap, crappy Attack, and Steel Types like Steelix are defensive. IMO. Walls are made to counter Sweepers. x.x
    For Steelix, I'd switch into a special sweeper.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    swellow is kinda there to be a scout and if i think things will be dangerous i will switch to something that will counter it and i think i will be able to cover all 17 types just let me check....

Sora_8920

Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    swellow is kinda there to be a scout and if i think things will be dangerous i will switch to something that will counter it and i think i will be able to cover all 17 types just let me check....

?? Still hard to understand.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    I just meant that it will be there to scout and if it really can't handle things it will use U-turn and I will switch to a pokemon that can counter it i just need to check if i can cover all 17 types

flamehaze94

Jeste!
    Years
    boo836 said:
    flamehaze94 said:
    *sigh*

The lack of knowledgable help really is lackluster these days ;[ (Not talking to Syaoran)

Anyways, here's the rate:

Salamence: 120HP / 252SpAtk / 136Spd on Mence, Modest nature. You're missing a move, fill in the space with Draco Meteor.

Electivire: 252Atk / 80SpAtk / 176Spd. Lonely nature. Thunder Punch, HP [Grass], Earthquake, Cross Chop. Give it Life Orb.
    Adamant works better with thunder punch, ice punch, earthquake, cross chop and also, get rid of the sp att evs and max out speed and put 6 into hp. And give vire expert belt.

Togekiss: Lol, Focus Sash. Use Leftovers or nothin' at all. 252HP / 232Def / 24SpDef pl0x.

Starmie: Fine.

Lucario: No Close Combat is ;_____;. Bulk it up, give it enough speed to beat max speed, neutral natured Heracross and pump the rest to HP. Choice Band it, Lum Berry honestly ain't helpin' much. Adamant nature always, Timid ones are horrendous.

Porygon-Z: Timid, pump speed till you beat Adamant Garchomp and max SpAtk, then add the leftovers to HP. Thunderbolt>Ice Beamz.
    I disagree since bolt beam works better TOGETHER.

Nothing can take a hit in this team and that's going to cost you.

LO Gyardos weak, Salamence weak, Porygon-Z weak, Swampert weak, Weavile weak, Garchomp weak, Azelf weak, Gengar weak, Heracross weak, Togekiss weak, SpecsTran weak, MSZapdos weak, CB Slaking weak, SubSeed Sceptile weak, Breloom, Gallade weak, Medicham weak, CMCune weak, Tyranitar weak, Celebi weak, and CMKou weak.
    1. electivire counters t-tar, tran and celebi (Which is not a sweeper but a cleric).

Other than that, great job =)

Boo836, do you even know what you're talking about?

HP [Grass]>>>>Ice Punch, anyday.

The Starmie thing was just idiotic.

Electivire can never counter T-Tar, Tran, or Celebi. Celebi actually counters Electivire, and it can outstal everything in this team, that's why it's a threat. I suggest you know what you're talking about before you start making assumptions.

Now for something on topic:

Forretress wants 252HP / 160Atk / 96Def as the EVs. Gyro Ball is aweful. You have a Gyarados weak, so fit in Zap Cannon>Gyro Ball.

Swellow wants Protect.

40HP / 252SpAtk / 216Spd on Porygon-Z.

GeneralGuy

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2010
    I just meant that it will be there to scout and if it really can't handle things it will use U-turn and I will switch to a pokemon that can counter it i just need to check if i can cover all 17 types
    You can't counter every type because Swellow's move capabilities are limited.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    You can't counter every type because Swellow's move capabilities are limited.

Yeah I know that but a whole individual team should that's why U-turn is there to make pacth up swellow greatest weakness (a limited moveset)

You thought i meant swellow that would be really dumb

Arcknight316

left pc
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2008
    Yeah, I know, flamehaze knows all. But Forry has really....uh....low SATK. And Zap Cannon has bad accuracy. I'd run Rock Slide instead.

Kittyipawd

Waiting to see red again
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2013
    Well I think I cover all types except the physhic and ghost types so i will teach snorlax crunch (thats not including dark pulse on porygon-Z).
    EDIT~Instead i will put fire punch seeing as i dont' cover ice.

Um i think i would go with gyro ball (flamehaze could you give me reasoning to the zap cannon?) and i also cover flying types very nicley due to ice beams and thunderbolt

Last edited:
    Back