• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Can Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Pokemons traded to HG/SS Game?

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2009
    There is also game data for Johto in D/P/Pt. Take a look at the picture please.

Can Pokemon Diamond/Pearl Pokemons traded to HG/SS Game?

Years
  • I'm more concerned about migration and transfers. In D/P/Pt we had PalPark because of the Advance slot on old school Ds'. With the advent of the DSi we don't have that option for HG/SS. I know a ton of folks won't see this as an issue (Johto and Kanto pokes being the reason for the park anyway) but i like having my old team on hand for nostalgic reasons.

The DSi does have an SD card slot. Do you think they will take advantage of this for some feature? Perhaps you will be able to move six pokemon a day onto an SD card to be moved over to another game? Probably not but it makes sense to me to make use of the technology available to you.

Mewtwo's Bagel.

.inLOVE

el su bosillo <3
    Years
  • This has been argued a lot, but more than likely the answer is no. The Johto Pokedex does not normally support third generation and fourth generation Pokemon, since it was made long before. However, for these games, there may be an exception. Who knows?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    This has been argued a lot, but more than likely the answer is no. The Johto Pokedex does not normally support third generation and fourth generation Pokemon, since it was made long before. However, for these games, there may be an exception. Who knows?

The Kanto Pokédex was made long before the Hoenn Dex, yet when RBGY were remade into FRLG, it was able to hold the new Hoenn Pokémon and had trade access with RSE as well. So, with this being said, yes it'll more than likely have trade ability and the new Sinnoh and Hoenn Pokémon would more than likely be allowed in the game. Plus, it was shown that DPPt has coding for the remake obviously. Not to mention, to activate the Notch Eared Pichu event, it was said you'll need to trade over the Pikachu Colored Pichu from DPPt over to HeartGold and SoulSilver.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
    Years
  • Where do you get the Pikachu coloured Pichu? But, in answer, there should be trading allowed because, as said, FRLG were able to trade with RSE. So why make an exception now?

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Where do you get the Pikachu coloured Pichu? But, in answer, there should be trading allowed because, as said, FRLG were able to trade with RSE. So why make an exception now?

The Pikachu Colored Pichu event is being held in Japan because of the 12th movie. I don't know how other countries may have it, but that'll come later. Also, yeah, seeing as this is so, it is more than possible that there will be trading ability between the games. I mean if there wasn't then that would be kind of disappointing as I'm sure a lot of people would like to have some of their Pokémon from Sinnoh journey with them in the Johto afterwards.

varial295

A pokemon researcher
    Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2010
    i just thought i would pop in and say
    i wish i was black hahaha
    and yeah that would be pretty tight

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • After obtaining the National Dex, I assume. No trading Pokemon beforehand, just like in FRLG when you had to get the Ruby and the Sapphire before being able to trade with anything other that the partner game.

Alec_

Years
  • The only way is. Complete Johto PokeDex. Get National Dex. Go trade/catch. Then finally you have your D/P/PL Pokemons ^^.

~Fairytales.

Pingouin_7

I hope we can trade with D/P/Pt before the National Dex, so I'll be able to get all three starters.

TERRA#493

Competitive Battler
    Years
  • In such questions i compare easily the older editions eachother. See: R/G-remakes FR/LG were released after R/S. You could/can interact from FR/LG to R/S, as you probably know. In future G/S-remakes will be released after D/P. Therefore we should can interact from HG/SS to D/P.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    And since the Pikachu Colored Pichu event will be given to Platinum an D/P games and the true event lies in HGSS.

Back