• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Question] can the Dynamax be created in Pokemon Essetials 16.2?

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2021
    There's Dynamax in Pokemon Essetials 17.2, I know, but I have a screening in 16.2 and I don't feel like going to 17.2
    just for a Script Mega Evolution with another name and cheaper!
    since I understand that the Dynamax of Pokemon Essetials 17.2 is only the Mega Evolution without stones or at least in the base.
    If there is already one in 17.2 it would only be to remove things and add some, or see what is wrong, to fix the error.
    My question is why hasn't anybody done that?

Years
    • Seen today
    There's Dynamax in Pokemon Essetials 17.2, I know, but I have a screening in 16.2 and I don't feel like going to 17.2
    since I understand that the Dynamax of Pokemon Essetials 17.2 is only the Mega Evolution without stones or at least in the base.
    If there is already one in 17.2 it would only be to remove things and add some, or see what is wrong, to fix the error.

Dynamax is a lot more involved than just "Megas without stones." It's far more complicated than that. They're frankly not even really similar at all. As for your actual question, there isn't a Dynamax script for v16.2 to my knowledge. The reason it hasn't been done is most likely because nobody wants to put in all that effort for outdated code. Even the v17.2 script will probably soon be obsolete as v18 draws nearer.

If you want a v16.2 compatible Dynamax script however, feel free mod the existing scripts yourself.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2021
    Version 18?
    The version that never ends or advances.
    Holding on to something that's just smoke for the moment.
    From that discussion, what I'm going to do is build a stoneless Mega Evolution. As a basis, in the end at its core it's just a shape-shift.
    It's a copy of the Mega Evolution without stones (the Chinese copy of the Mega) and I will call it Dynamax. And that's it.
    At the end of the day the Dynamax of version 17.2 is the copy of the Mega Evolution. (the first one before it was modified)
    I'll see if I can find help for that, I'm not an expert in programming anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2021
    Does anyone want to make the dynamax for the Essentials 16.2? I have an idea for that.

I have an idea for it, and that is to use the mega Evolution but take away the use of the Stones. And call it Dynamax.
    I don't need anything more than that.
    As the saying goes.
    "Well, less than a stone."
    They're interested in this.
    I have other ideas, but that's after this one.

Years
    • Seen today
    Version 18?
    The version that never ends or advances.
    Holding on to something that's just smoke for the moment.
    From that discussion, what I'm going to do is build a stoneless Mega Evolution. As a basis, in the end at its core it's just a shape-shift.
    It's a copy of the Mega Evolution without stones (the Chinese copy of the Mega) and I will call it Dynamax. And that's it.
    At the end of the day the Dynamax of version 17.2 is the copy of the Mega Evolution. (the first one before it was modified)
    I'll see if I can find help for that, I'm not an expert in programming anyway.

I dont know why you wouldnt call it something else then, if what you're trying to build isnt really Dynamax, but instead itemless form changes. That just seems like it would be confusing for people. Especially when actual Dynamaxing already exists for Essentials.

I still think calling it "a copy of megas without stones" is an extreme simplification, though. And I say this as someone who worked on the mechanic. In that case, it would make more sense to just modify the existing Mega code that exists in 16.2 (I assume Megas are in 16.2, I dont remember), instead of downgrading an existing script that doesnt really function the same way.

Years
    • Seen Sep 19, 2023

Hi i use the dynamax by fauno, follow the guide.

i think should be write a version of fauno with the correction what i do
    my version is 16.2 in spanish xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Apparently nobody is interested in adopting the 16 for the next arrival of the 18.
    Unless someone bothers to put it on, I doubt they will put it on

Years
  • If you believe that Dynamax is just cheap Mega Evolution then why do you want it?

I also wouldn't want to switch to a different Essentials version just for Dynamaxing, because Dynamaxing isn't something many people want in games. Its broken and un-fun to use. Smogon has even banned Dynamax for the same reason. But my game goes deeper into the lore of Dynamaxing and how Eternatus functions, so I put it in my game.

If your game has some kind of lore connection to Power Spots or Wishing Pieces or something like that then it would be totally worth it to switch over to Essentials v17.2 (or better yet, put in the effort of porting the code over to v16 yourself). But if you're just doing it because its "the big thing" of this Generation then don't do it.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 4, 2021
    I don't want it just for fashion or the latest
    It is that in my history the Dynamax fit him like a glove but what can I do if I can't incorporate it ...
    I'm not going to move all the maps, events and mechanics that I have in 16.2 because of a code in 17.2.
    Well ... all that remains is to adapt my story to something else ...
    Although 16.2 and 17.2 don't differ much.
    I say this because I have some codes from 17.2 in 16.2.

Years
  • I don't want it just for fashion or the latest
    It is that in my history the Dynamax fit him like a glove but what can I do if I can't incorporate it ...
    I'm not going to move all the maps, events and mechanics that I have in 16.2 because of a code in 17.2.
    Well ... all that remains is to adapt my story to something else ...
    Although 16.2 and 17.2 don't differ much.
    I say this because I have some codes from 17.2 in 16.2.

If you can just change you story to revolve around something totally different from Dynamax then you don't need Dynamax to tell that story. It'd be better if you just stuck to 16.2 if you can't transfer maps and other code to 17.2. If you need Dynamax so bad then adapt it yourself, just like you adapted some of the v17.2 codes for your game.

Back