• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can you touch type?

Can you touch type?

• Yes, i can - It's Great!

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • No, I can't - But I'd like too.

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • No, I can't - And I would not like too.

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
  • Nope and yep. In my case, I just need it to begin the sentences and some words, so I'm constantly switching from watching the keyboard and watching the screen. So a 50% goes to "yes, I can" and the other goes to "No, I can't", unfortunately, this is not a multi option poll, I feel so left behind... :laugh:

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
  • I can touch type relative okay. Not extremely fast or anything, but I can touch type well enough to an extent. I make a few errors along the way though, which I usually fix up as I go along.

But I find I never actually use the correct fingering that the keyboard tells you to put your fingers. I just happen to be able to get the right key where it is...

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    Yeah I can Touch Type. Sometimes I do make typos, but they are not major. If I have to type numbers or symbols on the top of the keyboard I will take a glance. But it doesn't happen often.

Yes, Touch Type is very, very useful. Like if you have to type long reports and things. ^^

Phanima

That servant of the evil one
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2011
    I can sorta semi touch type, but I tend to make a few mistakes every now and then.

But what's weird is that when I'm posting replies that require a little thought, I tend to stare at the keyboard to get my mind working. I don't know why, but seeing all those lettered keys helps my mind make up words.

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
  • No. We were supposed to learn in primary school, and we had covers to put over the keyboards; I always cheated, however, and lifted the cover. Now I watch the people who did it properly hunting and pecking and laugh. I type my own way, and I type quite swiftly.

Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Well, now that I`ve gotten used to using the keyboard, I can`t really say that I look at the keyboard every time I type, since I don`t. =P I`ve gotten so used to it that I memorized where every alphabet is located on the keyboard & I hardly get any typos.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Yeah I can, but I make some typos. But I can find out where the different words are. My speeds very fast though XD

~C3LEBI

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • I can do it partially, like i can still type even though my hands cover half the keyboard, I still know what I'm typing is correct. the only time I really get confused is sometimes I won't hit a double letter both times, mix up the semi-colon with the quotation mark, and sometimes (idk why) I add an A somewhere in a word without even thinking about it. usually the A thing happens when its supposed to be an O or an E.
    I used to be exceptional at a numerical pad, back when I worked as a Manager at my local Movie theatre. I've since Digressed as I don't usually crunch numbers that much.

Last edited:

Ársa

k.
    Years
  • I touch type at 91 words per minute at 99.8% accuracy. I like to type things for no reason sometimes, basically, I just enjoy typing, get's my fingers going. I have a weird habit of replacing some words with others. For instance, I am typing a query in google (Eg. Does Lighting Strike Twice?) and I'll actually type "Does Lighting Stroke Thrice?" I dunno why, just happens. I also mix letters around alot. (I mean, alot!)

But yes, I can tough touch type.

^ (See the strikethrough, I actually typed that!) ^

I also know straight away if I make a mistake, I don't need to think about whether I need to backspace or not, my fingers move there on their own accord. :D

~T_S

Sorano

幸福☆
    Years
  • Yeah, I've been doing it for years now. XD; I'm doing it right now. I hardly make any mistakes. I'm also a very fast typer, so that makes me 10x more amazing. :D

Nell

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    Karli, you call yourself a fast typer? o_o;
    And no, I can't touch type; although, make no assumptions that I'm a slow typer. :3

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    [SIZE=-1]Neuromuscular facilitation does the work for me, I don't find need for bothering to learn touch-typing.
    I type all day, every day... Like someone who has done something regularly and often since infancy, there is no method and I "just do it".
    [/SIZE]

Back