• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cancelled games

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Cancelled games
    Good night, sweet prince (Of all saiyans).

Well, it was unlikely to ever come to America anyway.

I would just love a real, high-quality DBZ game. Maybe similar to Fire Emblem. That would be so good.

It wasn't cancelled per se, but the recent 3DS game Fantasy Life started out as a DS game with very different visuals. The end result is an amazing game, but there was something about the unused style that make the game seem even more charming. I would've loved to have played it. A similar looking game, Professor Layton's London Life, was included in NA and JP versions of Professor Layton and the Spectre's Call, so I suppose there's that.
    Here's a screenshot of the original version, for anyone interested:
    Spoiler:

Ohhh, that looks SO nice! I would've loved that too.

As for me...I'd have loved to see Half Life 2: Episode 3. I just wish Valve would admit what they're doing with one of my all-time favorite series. I can't think of a single other game that was canceled (that I remember).

Years
    Cancelled games
    Good night, sweet prince (Of all saiyans).

Well, it was unlikely to ever come to America anyway.

It (sort of) lives on in Dragon Ball Xenoverse. From what I've read, it's the same basic plot setup with the same characters; you can even make your own character. It's just, you know...not an MMO, but it does have online play.

Anyway, Mega Man Legends 3. Seriously Capcpom why

TY

Axed by the one and only, EA. If you want to know how incredible this game looked, do a bit of research. Imagine playing an RTS while simultaneously fighting first person as a ground unit in the massive scale battle you waged.

How could I forget this... I loved the concept, played it's "precessor" (Renegade) and I wish EA would stop axing good ideas for a video game :(

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2022
    Two Star Wars games were in development when LucasArts shut down. Subsequently, they were both cancelled (one of them had already been cancelled during development with Free Radical). I talk, of couse, of Star Wars 1313 and Star Wars: Battlefront III. They both looked like good games.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
    There isn't any cancelled game I would particularly like to play, but there are some that have been released in Japan and not anywhere else outside. From top of my head, one would be Rockman EXE Operate Shooting Star, which, I believe, was released around five years ago or so.

This game is sort of a crossover between Mega Man Battle Network and Star Force series. Its plot is mostly the same as Battle Network 1, for those who've played it, but includes an extra chapter (unrelated to story-line, but still exists nonetheless) and an additional playable character--Geo Stelar, protagonist of Star Force. I've seen a couple of game-play footage here and there, and things seemed very intriguing. It's too bad that all of it is in Japanese, which I don't understand at all.

I'm not sure if there's any English translation patch for this game (haven't tried looking into it before), but if there is, that's fantastic; will definitely consider giving it a go at some point.

This. I'd like to be able to play as both MegaMens in one pack of crossover game, in English language, as well.

Besides of that, I'd like to play Diddy Kong Pilot, which was apparently cancelled. I was interested on how flight racing looks like when I find out about its existence on Nintendo Power scans somewhere on the internet.

GanguEevee

~Calamity Trigger~
    Years

Video by Yuriofwind

A game from Level-5 that looked like it would have been great,but never came to be...

Although I would have loved something like this to come out,hey! At least it still lives on!.....But not as a game though.

Back