• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Candles yom

Honest

Hi!
Years
  • Maybe you use them to brighten your day. Or maybe you use them a little more literally to brighten your room (cause light bulbs aren't retro!). Or maybe you use them to spice up business in the bedroom. Or maybe you just use more and more of them every year on your birthday till there's less cake on top and more wax burnt down (that was depressing).

Do you guys use candles at all? They come in a ridiculous variety, and they smell great, although sometimes overpowering? I'm interested, and it's not because my girlfriend changed her mind about Japanese Cherry Blossom for the tenth time in a row.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    The things that I use candles for are not appropriate to describe on a Pokemon forum.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    Yeahh candles are chill I guess, I think incense is better though. I'm willing to sacrifice light for some sweet smells, I mean, having lights in my room and all.

The things that I use candles for are not appropriate to describe on a Pokemon forum.
    Go on.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    Yeahh candles are chill I guess, I think incense is better though. I'm willing to sacrifice light for some sweet smells, I mean, having lights in my room and all.

Go on.

It suffices to say that melted crayons work just as well.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • I always preferred using hot chocolate or caramel. Tastes much better when you lick it up too.

Years
  • Pretty sure I still have some scented jar candles around here, I used to light them at times because 1.) I could and 2.) they made the place smell a bit better without being overpowering. Although they did have a very practical use the one time a few years ago when I had that nearly all-day power outage, heh.

I don't do it now though because not only did I lose the lighter (or else it got used up and thrown away, because seriously it was a lighter stick that can't easily be missed), but now I have a cat that, knowing him, would probably try to play with the flame...

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I only have two uses for candles:

1. Birthday candles of course. My parents used to be mean and put the ones that would relight itself over and over, but I still enjoyed them despite them melting on my cake.

2. If there's a blackout at night, candles in jars in every room in the house.

Aside from that, scented candles were never my thing really, and neither any other candle unless for the two reasons above.

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I love candles!! I always go for lighter scents. Candles that smell like flowers, clean scents, beach scents, etc. Anything that's really fruity or intense winter scents are too much for me. I have a lot of lilac candles in my room that I like to burn when I'm in the mood. I think the lighter scents are just so refreshing.

I love incense too and I have a lot of those, but sometimes I'm just in the mood for a candle ya know?

Years
    • Seen Feb 8, 2016
    I use a brand of Candles you get off QVC and in some stores. They're called Yankee Candles. I use them all the time, especially if it's miserable weather outside as it just brightens up the place. They do a lot of different scented candles and I especially like the Christmas ones they release each year. They actually just make me feel better sometimes, and walking into the room an getting hit with the smell is just great!

Platina Berlitz

Pure bliss
    Years
  • I have candles in my room that I don't burn, I have a hotplate that they sit on that melts the wax to conserve on candles so they don't get used up as quick ^.^

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • Have you ever been into a scented candle store? That shit is nasty as fuck, I call it a headache store. Too many competing smells and not enough fresh air.

Back