• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Can't see anything at all on PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Well, I finally circumvented the problem enough to post a thread, but I have to highlight anyhting in order to be able to read it. I stil can't see the background, or anything of the sort, and it's highly annoying to have to deal with. And apparently, it's happened to a few other people so far as well, here's a screenshot.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    DragonSlayer(Ryan) said:
    *sigh* dont panic....its just the staff's idea for an april fools joke =\

Really? I thought that jokes were supposed to be funny, not prevnt people from posting or being able to use the forum.

UPDATE:

(-David Eddy-) says:
    no, this honestly isnt a joke. <Anonomous> was hacked by Bobby a few days ago, and we think he hacked someone else Oo
    Shiney says:
    Permission to quote that in my thread?
    (-David Eddy-) says:
    sure, if it helps any Oo

Years
    Shiney said:
    Really? I thought that jokes were supposed to be funny, not prevnt people from posting or being able to use the forum.

UPDATE:

(-David Eddy-) says:
    no, this honestly isnt a joke. <Anonomous> was hacked by Bobby a few days ago, and we think he hacked someone else Oo
    Shiney says:
    Permission to quote that in my thread?
    (-David Eddy-) says:
    sure, if it helps any Oo
    Is this a joke as well?
    I don't expect said person to be able to hack another user. and vB is also a secure software...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Virtual Headache said:
    Is this a joke as well?
    I don't expect said person to be able to hack another user. and vB is also a secure software...
    There's a good reason why I changed email and MSN accounts after a good five years of having the same account.

Years
    Shikon no Tama said:
    I'm sure it's just an April Fool's joke. If you type in white, you can read what you're saying. So, I suggest typing in white for now.
    I'd recommend to mark the text with ypur mouse so you can see it.
    Writing evcerything in white isn't a good idea, since when it gets changed back, you would have to change the color of all your posts again...

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Kylie-chan said:
    royal blue shows up on all themes ;3 so use that.

That's another small problem. The bar to change the theme is completely missing.

Thus A: It is an april fools joke, in which case heads will roll.

Or B: It is a hacker, in which case I hope to see the ban-stick employed.

Years
    Shiney said:
    That's another small problem. The bar to change the theme is completely missing.

Thus A: It is an april fools joke, in which case heads will roll.

Or B: It is a hacker, in which case I hope to see the ban-stick employed.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Now we can't change themes till this is all over.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Recent events have lead me to believe that this was an april fools joke, and right now, I'm just waiting for the staff to show their "victory" posts from the lounge, ect. I do not find this amusing, and would like to know WHY the staff decided that such a joke would be appropriate.

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I don't think a hacker would be able to do this unless they either got an admin's username and password or are able to hack into the site's coding and recode every single theme (which I'm not sure if you can do that or not). But I must say, whoever did this did a pretty thorough job; I've tried everything I can think of to get around this, but nothing works. I've even tried typing in the direct URL of different styles, but it seems like every style is all black.

Years
    This is really quite a bit frustrating... Since I can't use the little already-given-to-you thing to change the color of your font, I have to actually type in the code x.x

aaaa, I can't see what I'm typing x.x, I have to repeatedly apuse to highlight what I'm saying!!! Then try to get my place...

Thats it, now whenever I make a new post, I'll have to type what I want on a notepad, then copy and paste it here...

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    Psh, I bet the admins have their own secret little black-free style to use as they laugh at us >:|

Karmillina

would kill for cookies
    Years
    Chiru said:
    I don't think a hacker would be able to do this unless they either got an admin's username and password or are able to hack into the site's coding and recode every single theme (which I'm not sure if you can do that or not).

It's because they overrode this style over users' layouts and set it to default... It is possible

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back