• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch of the Day

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen Oct 18, 2016
    nothing to crazy, just caught my last needed geodude to evolve to graveler and golem with 100% IV's my first 100 IV pokemon. hoping for a solid moveset but either way i dont think ill abandon a 100 IV mon.

Years
    • Age 63
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    My 100% Oddish is now a Vileplume with Razor Leaf and Solar Beam! It slices through vaporeons like butter!

Adore

Party.
    Years
  • Scyther and Electrode! Found the former randomly at the beach and finally saved up enough candies for the latter. I'm pretty happy about it. :)

Years
  • Apart from catching a lot of cubbons and meowth which I'm very happy about since they usually don't appear here, I caught mr. mime!!!

Years
    • Age 63
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    Halloween Drowsey! CP666 and 91% IV's!
    attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_1041.jpg
      IMG_1041.jpg
      68.9 KB · Views: 44
    Last edited:

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • (Was gonna post this in 'last egg hatched' thread but I was the latest poster and I don't want to double post)

A Staryu from an egg! Which is a good thing, because now I have enough to get a good ol' Starmie!

MonEvolutions

Harry Potter Lover
    Years
  • Haven't played much today, but I caught a lot yesterday!
    Yesterday's catches include: Sandslash, Snorlax, Marowak, Gengar, Venomoth, and Nidoking.

Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    I caught a Vulpix yesterday which gave me exactly 50 candies.

Today I caught my first Omanyte.

Years
    • Age 63
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    A Snorlax with 33% IV's! But at least he carries candy.
    attachment.php

Last edited:

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • Catches of the day would have to be these two babies:
    OSIsBW1.png
    IKb5XcH.png

I just seem to have fantastic luck with the Bulbasaur line. I already have a 100% IV Venusaur with the optimal offensive moveset (Vine Whip/Petal Blizzard). I also have a 93.3% IV Venusaur with the best defensive moveset (Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb). Now this newest Bulbsaur is near perfect at 97.8% (14/15/15).

As for the Squirtle, I've had my luck with high IV Squirtle, but they all ended up as Blastoise with inferior movesets. The last one I caught wild had a 95.6% rating (15/13/15), but ended up with Bite/Ice Beam. This new Squirtle is at 93.3% (13/14/15), so I'm crossing my fingers for good ol' Hydro Pump this time.

Years
    • Age 63
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I just seem to have fantastic luck with the Bulbasaur line. I already have a 100% IV Venusaur with the optimal offensive moveset (Vine Whip/Petal Blizzard). I also have a 93.3% IV Venusaur with the best defensive moveset (Razor Leaf/Sludge Bomb). Now this newest Bulbsaur is near perfect at 97.8% (14/15/15).

As for the Squirtle, I've had my luck with high IV Squirtle, but they all ended up as Blastoise with inferior movesets. The last one I caught wild had a 95.6% rating (15/13/15), but ended up with Bite/Ice Beam. This new Squirtle is at 93.3% (13/14/15), so I'm crossing my fingers for good ol' Hydro Pump this time.

Around here Bulbas and Squirtles are rare, I have no Venusaur or Blastoise! I have a Bulbasaur with 98% IV's, but only level 15. Would take a lot of candy and stardust to make him competitive.

Is it just me, or are wild Squirtles harder than most to catch. They are always escaping me!

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
  • After way too long, I finally got my first competitive Fire-type Pokémon.

wg9kggy.png
    CKjC1Oh.png

I've been looking for a higher IV Charmander to use my candies on since the beginning of August. This Charizard has the honor of owning near perfect IVs at 14/15/15 (97.8%). Thankfully the moveset is top tier. I would not have been a happy camper had it come with Dragon Claw.

As for Arcanine, I never had one with good IVs and moveset. This one's IVs are at 13/11/15 (86.7%). Good enough for me for the time being! At least now I can rotate these two in when going head-to-head with Grass types. Previously I just relied on my Dragonite to plow through everything.

Is it just me, or are wild Squirtles harder than most to catch. They are always escaping me!
    All starters, including Pikachu, have the same exact catch rates at 16%.

Years
    • Age 63
    • Seen Apr 4, 2017
    I've caught a level 29 Abra with 84% IV's (14/13/11). In my experience, Abra are particularly hard to catch, because they have a 99% flee rate, so you have to get them on the first throw. If you get a good one from an egg, it will only be Level 20.

It should evolve into a 1462 Alakazam, which seems pretty wimpy for a level 29 pokemon. Is a high level Alakazam useful for anything?

Last edited:

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    Since the last update, the elevator in my building turned into a spawn point, and it spawns some random stuff every now and then. Case in point, just caught a Machoke. Crazy, given that I've never even seen a Machop.

Back