• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catch of the Day

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    Progress for the day goes to Victreebel:
    Spoiler:

Points to those who understand its nickname.

Traditional catch of the day has to go to this Eevee:
    Spoiler:

Considering what I learned from my CP645 Eevee that ended up as a Vaporeon in the mid CP1700s (currently CP2000), I am tempted to evolve this one into a Vaporeon as well... Based on CP calculations, it should end up in the range of CP1800s.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    YESSSSSSSS IT FINALLY HAPPENED. I FINALLY CAUGHT IT.
    Catch of the Day

Spoiler:

Pretty unimpressive to most people but this is honestly the Pokémon I've wanted more than anything the entire time I've been playing. Was very chuffed! Came from an egg but not too much candy unfortunately.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    I'll talk about yesterday since today has only just begun for me and so far all I've caught today is the usual pidgey/rattata stew.

Anyway, yesterday was a great day! I'll only talk about ones that were new to me since if I talk about all the duplicates I'll be here all day. So I started off yesterday with a venonat in my bedroom, and what an adorable little fuzzball it is, and then on my way home from work I found a psyduck (one of my fave 1st gens) and my first eevee! There's none around my home but seemingly loads on the route home from work.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Yay finally got a Poliwag!!! Now just need to find more so I can evolve it ;)
    Legit jealous of you - I've been searching for a Poliwag for so many days now but I just can't find that last one I need to evolve :(

Years
    Catch of the day was a Seel I found in the middle of a field, could have had a Psyduck too but my game froze and I didn't get it :(

The other day I hatched a Lapras from a 10k egg and that's gotta be my best Pokemon so far.

Majestic Electric

Raining on your parade!
    Years
    Yeah, Porygon is awesome--congrats on that, Majestic. I got a Porygon from an egg last week and was THRILLED with its stats. At 600+ it was great for me around level 10. Now I just wish I had another, high leveled one that I could use regularly still.

Oh wow that's awesome, Porygon is such a cool Pokémon to find I'm super jealous! How excited were you to see that? How's its CP compared to your other Pokémon?

Thanks for the congrats guys. :) Trust me I was thrilled to see that thing come out of the egg! I was so worried I was going to get something like Ekans or Goldeen, but I guess luck was on my side for a change lol. As far as its CP goes, it was at 321 freshly hatched out of the egg. Not too upset with that, since it's higher than most of my Pokemon (my two highest CP mon's are a 614 Vaporeon and 502 Jolteon).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    So far today my best catch has been... wait for it... it's a... 59 CP PSYDUCK. Yeah it's been a slow day for catching with the servers down. I'll try to head out again later if they come back up but right now it does kind of feel like a waste of time.

Limey-chan

Batzu
    Years
    Yeah it's been a slow day for catching with the servers down. I'll try to head out again later if they come back up but right now it does kind of feel like a waste of time.

Yup.

I caught a CP60 (possibly? Maybe slightly lower) Pidgeotto, which was ideal as i'm close to having enough Pidgey candies to evolve my Pidgeotto into a Pidgeot. Then it crashed.

I did manage to catch an Eevee earlier today, but that's about the only other thing of note.

Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2016
    Disappointing day yesterday after a staryu got away. Most exciting thing was catching a third weedle so I'm one away from evolving it... If that's the most exciting thing, you know it wasn't a good day.

Hope today will be a bit better.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    Best catch yesterday was a Machop. A new Pokedex entry, for me, so that's always exciting.
    Ah that's sweet, where'd you find him? What kind of area? I've been looking for Fighting-types for ages as I've got practically zero of them but I can't find any at all around the area I'm in. Even in the town there weren't any of them so I'm a tad confused on their spawn preferences...

Years
    Ah that's sweet, where'd you find him? What kind of area? I've been looking for Fighting-types for ages as I've got practically zero of them but I can't find any at all around the area I'm in. Even in the town there weren't any of them so I'm a tad confused on their spawn preferences...

It was a totally random part of the suburbs along a bike path. I don't think this one had anything to do with the location--think I just got lucky. I have a friend who got a Machop downtown the day before that, though. I suppose both were near water, come to think of it, but don't know if that would matter for Machop.

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
    Years
    The day is only half over, but I'm 100% certain nothing will beat THIS COMPLETE FACEPALM.
    Spoiler:

+1 to the Dex, I guess...

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    YEAH BOIIII

Spoiler:
    Hngggg jealous Venomoth is such a cool Pokémon I want it :(

The day is only half over, but I'm 100% certain nothing will beat THIS COMPLETE FACEPALM.
    Spoiler:

+1 to the Dex, I guess...
    ... pahahahahaha. I am sorry. At least that's some grinding out of the way? :D

My best today was this little cutie:

Spoiler:

He may not be much to look at and certainly isn't too impressive but he's new to my Pokédex and he's utterly adorable so I'm very chuffed with that. Was only out for a 15 minute walk to see my grandparents so this was a success :D

Hiidoran

[B]ohey[/B]
    Years
    Hey, I still haven't found a Diglett, so you're doing better than me!

I actually haven't caught or hatched anything new in a few days. With this tracking being down I've lost a little motivation to go out and hunt them.

Back