• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catching Legendaries with POKEBalls

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Has anyone done this? Catching a legendary with a regular Pokeball? I have caught the tree Legendary Dog Trio with pokeballs and it's legit. Anyone else?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    I don't use O-powers, but I did use the FalseSwipe thing that lowers the Pokemon down to 1 HP. I used hold back, and I was proud of myself. xD I'm pretty sure Entei was paralyzed, though. Suicune was caught on the third try, and Raiko.... He was the harder one to get.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    The reason I use O-power is because I want them with the benificial nature and IV's. And not using O-power will take a lot more time to catch them with pokéballs,premier balls or luxury balls. The only pokémon I had trouble with was deoxys. Of course I didn't reset at the cutscene because I reset like 30+ times to get a good rayquaza.

Years
    I haven't done so yet, but I want to catch Latias in a Premier Ball. My reason is not to have a bigger challenge catching legendaries, I just want the Pokéball colour to fit the Pokémon. I haven't decided which balls for the other legendaries best yet. Thanks for mentioning the O-Power, I almost forgot it exists. Of course I'll also bring a Pokémon with false swipe then^^

mcminer2011

Leader of Team Amethyst
    Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2015
    This gives me an Idea now. I'm gonna buy 50 Pokéballs and try to catch Moltres with them. Without O- Powers or conditions.

Years
    While none I remember in ORAS, I did catch Zygarde in a Poké Ball a while ago. It was amusing, but when it comes to catching stuff that I want good IVs/natures for then I don't bother.

Years
    Nope. I always used more powerful Poke Ball types to catch my legendaries, such as Timer Balls and/or Dusk Balls because it's a much better chance for successful capture under the right conditions.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    I don't care much for the IVs and such. I haven't got into it, and it is all confusing to me. People who do want perfect IVs and natures... I don't understand how you remember that stuff...

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm actually catching pokemon based on what balls match what pokemon (so Rayquaza in a Dusk Ball, Entei in a repeat ball, Mesprit in a Heal Ball, Reshiram in a Premeir Ball, etc) and none of them have been that hard. Having said that my capture pokemon is a level 100 Mega Gallade with False Swipe and Hypnosis, so it's really just a matter of time in most cases.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
    I'm actually catching pokemon based on what balls match what pokemon (so Rayquaza in a Dusk Ball, Entei in a repeat ball, Mesprit in a Heal Ball, Reshiram in a Premeir Ball, etc) and none of them have been that hard. Having said that my capture pokemon is a level 100 Mega Gallade with False Swipe and Hypnosis, so it's really just a matter of time in most cases.
    same here, but I caught my Groudon in a pokeball, Kyogre in a great ball and Rayquaza in a nest ball.

Gligar

Bruhfication Sayan
    Years
    Well, until now, I have caught three pokemon without master balls. So one of them, which was the first one, was Suicine. I was playing HeartGold when he appeared infront of me. He was low on health, as I took him down the last time we met. I had one pokeball left, and I slowly picked the pokeball, as I was so hyped. Every time the pokeball shook, I gasped. I was just so happy to catch it.

The two other ones were pretty meh. I was playing White 2 and I found Virizion. I fought him, and simply fought it with my Unefezant, then I simply caught it with a net ball that I picked up earlier. that was pretty meh.

The third one was Yvetal. I mean, I was pretty happy when I caught it with a quick ball, but I wasn't as hyped as the Suicine one. It was still way better than Vrizion, which was really boring.

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    That's nothing, really. I have a friend who's obsessed with catching everything in a Pokeball. Including legendaries. She has been playing since RSE and has caught every single legendary in a POKEBALL.

Of course, over at my side... eh, a couple of Premier Ball catches from back at Soul Silver, as well as a few Premier Ball, Quick Ball, Dive Ball and Pokeball catches at OR.

Well, until now, I have caught three pokemon without master balls.

So... you got a stock of Master Balls somewhere?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    Yes!! I was so excited to do so because in my original RSE games I literally would buy 99 Ultra Balls and go through all of them when trying to catch Rayquaza, it was ridiculous!! I wanted to see if I could do it and not only did it not take 99, but I was able to catch it in a non-Ultra Ball ;) Maybe a regular Pokeball is too much as of now haha. Luck might hate me.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    I think in the past I used my Masterball on the roaming legend or something., catching everything else in Ultra BAlls...

As of recently, onc eI started AS, I made it my mission to catch EVERYTHING in a Luxury Ball. All the legends, and all the HA Females!

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I always catch every legendary in regular Poké Balls, no exceptions (unless it's a Pokémon with such a low catch rate that it's a really, really low chance of ever getting it without a Master Ball, and I am yet to encounter such a Pokémon).

Zaheer

Chaos is the natural order
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 19, 2015
    Caught Landorus in a Poke Ball at full health and no status conditions.

I tried catching it multiple times before. After like the 5th time I said screw it and decided to use one of my master balls. I accidentally clicked the wrong ball.

Back