• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Catman's Challenge Challenge

11wildy

Me!
Years
  • This sounds funny xD I have to try it.

Name: 11wildy
    Game: Pokemon Crystal (edited such that I can get all trade evolutions by levelup)
    Extra Clauses and Rules: I will only catch first encounters everywhere. (shinies are an exception, I can always catch and use these)
    Hope it doesn't take too long between each gyms...

Edit: Cleared up to first gym without too many problems. Only Caterpie died, which didn't even levelup once.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Edit 2: So I continued to the next gym, putting Rattata in the PC for the tri-species challenge. Sadly, Pidgeotto died to the second rival battle...

Spoiler:

I don't really understand the next challenge though, as my game doesn't have natures. It would be pretty stupid to just choose natures for Pokemon or something like that.. Kinda weird to do such a challenge on Crystal

Last edited:

ジュナイパー

シャドーアローズ? ??トライク!
    Years
  • Did I say I'd get this done ASAP? I lied.

A combination of life, procrastination, and a vacation have kind of hindered me (mostly the procrastination). Luckily, Ahri reminded me constantly. So I have an important announcement to make.

THE CHALLENGE WILL NOW BE RUN BY YOU PEOPLE!

So, all that you have to do is enter in the list (see below) into this website, and the hit Randomize. Click Here!

Spoiler: Here's that list I was talking about
    The Monotype Challenge
    The Monocolor Challenge
    The Potterlocke Challenge
    The Time Warp Challenge
    The Anime Style Challenge
    The Zodiac Challenge
    The Dex Holders Challenge
    The Naturelocke Challenge
    The Tri-Species Challenge
    The Date of Birth Challenge

The first challenge that pops up is the one that you will do during that phase. If you have played that challenge before in a different phase, then you Randomize the list once more. ;)

Now introducing the Necromancy Clause that I mentioned earlier.

If your game randomizes to a challenge where you need a specific kind of Pokemon and you had that Pokemon, but it's dead now, then by putting other Pokemon whose level(s) are equal to or higher than the dead Pokemon in your Graveyead/DeadBox, you can "revive" the Pokemon you need. This is only for the Pokemon that you need.

If you cannot continue the challenge at all, then re-randomize the list.

NOTES FROM CATMAN:

Concerning the MONOTYPE & MONOCOLOR CHALLENGES
    You may choose one Pokemon type/color (to see a Pokemon's color according to the Pokedex, click here and find your Pokemon), then box all of your Pokemon that are not that type/color.

Concerning the POTTERLOCKE CHALLENGE
    This challenges rules change depending on the amount of gym badges you currently have. Click Here for more details.

Concerning the TIME WARP CHALLENGE
    In the original challenge, you had to choose between 14 different eras, and that edited the rules accordingly. It is no different here, choose whichever era you want. All other Pokemon that do not comply with the era's rules must be boxed until the next phase. Click Here for more details.

Concerning the ANIME STYLE CHALLENGE
    The Pokemon on your team that you had for the longest amount of time is your "Bro for Life". If you couldn't evolve a Pokemon during this phase, it is up to you if you are released from that rule once the next phase starts. Click Here for more details.

Concerning the ZODIAC & DATE OF BIRTH CHALLENGES
    You are only required to have one of the Pokemon that are in the parties generated by your birthdates.

Concerning the THE DEX HOLDERS' CHALLENGE
    This challenge (the nicknames, at least) really only effects your new Pokemon. Choose any character you like! This challenge cannot be your final phase (the phase between your 8th badge and the champion battle).

Concerning Natures
    Due to Generations I and II not having natures, use a random list generator for each of your Pokemon.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • I decided I will not use the nature stuff.. it is confusing and difficult to do if I cannot just check what nature a Pokemon was again. So I randomized myself the time warp challenge. Stone age was chosen, so I can use Quilava and Geodude, just deposited Rattata for now. Sadly, I had to sacrifice the newly hatched togepi to win against Whitney using Geodude.

Team:
    Geodude and Quilava, both level 20, same moves as before.

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    I actually ended up going a different direction with my run so I won't be taking the challenge anymore.

11wildy

Me!
    Years
  • Next randomization is monocolour! I decided to go for Brown, so I could keep using geodude, evolve my Rattata into Raticate and get the Spearow from the dude north of Goldenrod. Sadly, when killing the Sudowoodo, Raticate got killed by a critical hit Rock Throw. So I replaced it with an Abra from the Goldenrod Game Corner. Then Kadabra started sweeping all Pokemon from the Ecruteak gym, but sadly, the gym leader´s Gengar lived with a tiny bit of health and one-shot Kadabra with a Shadow Ball... Graveler then finished off Morty.

Team:
    Graveler lvl 25
    -Magnitude
    -Rock Throw
    -Headbutt
    -Selfdestruct

Fearow lvl 23
    -Peck
    -Fury Attack
    -Leer
    -Growl

Edit: For the next part I rolled the Dex Holder challenge. I decided to do the exchanger's challenge, so I can keep Fearow and Quilava and train up the Tyrogue.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 20, 2024
    Well, time for Take 2 of my challenge in Soul Silver after a shameful wipe out before.

54.png

Ahri the (not as) clumsy trainer
    Phase 4- Monotype

Badges

30px-Zephyr_Badge.png
    30px-Hive_Badge.png
    30px-Plain_Badge.png
    Spoiler:
    On hand Team

geodude.png

Bag_Pok%C3%A9_Ball_Sprite.png
    Pebble
    Level 22 | Female | Brave | Rock Head @ Quick Claw
    Rollout | Defense Curl | Magnitude | Rock Smash

sudowoodo-female.png

Bag_Premier_Ball_Sprite.png
    Substitute
    Level 20 | Female | Naive | Rock Head @ Shell Bell
    Flail | Low Kick | Rock Throw | Mimic

oddish.png

Bag_Friend_Ball_Sprite.png
    Moonlight (currently used as a Cut HM slave)
    Level 19 | Female | Naughty | Chlorophyll @ Miracle Seed
    Absorb | Cut | Stun Spore | Acid

drowzee.png

Creep (currently used to Headbutt trees)
    Level 19 | Female | Modest | Forewarn
    Disable | Confusion | Headbutt | Poison Gas

Boxed

exeggcute.png

Mood Swing
    Level 15 | Female | Naive | Chlorophyll
    Uproar | Hypnosis | Reflect | Leech Seed

ledyba-female.png

6Punch Bug
    Level 15 | Female | Mild | Swarm
    Comet Punch | Light Screen | Reflect | Safeguard

quagsire.png

Derpy
    Level 22 | Male | Timid | Water Absorb
    Water Gun | Mud Bomb | Rock Smash | Dig

Graveyard

Spoiler:

Years
  • I finally returned from my Holiday, so I can do some progress now. If I remember correctly, I was in Nuzlocke Phase, so I'll start my game today and play a little.

Nuzlocke Phase
    - Right at the start, I should say that I was so bored of Nuzlockes lately, so I was just playing somehow...
    - I randomly chose starter -> Torchic
    - I beat Route 101, 103 and Forest encounters, because I didn't realized, that I should catch them
    - I caught Route 102 encounter - Lotad
    - Beat Roxanne without problems

Tri-Species Phase
    - I caught Taillow o Route 116
    - This part was kind of boring too, because I only used Taillow/Swellow which was something I would do anyway, even without "Tri-Species mode"
    - Beat Brawly just with Taillow

Naturelocke Phase
    - I didn't get good natures...
    Combusken is Impish
    Lombre is Impish
    Swellow is Sassy
    - I couldn't do anything with Impish and thanks to Sassy nature, Swellow could use only Wing Attack (nothing new)
    - I caught Impish Sableye
    - Saved right before Wattson

Last edited:
    Back