• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Cats, Dogs, and Fishies. Oh My!

^^NICK^^ v.2.0

Mister Revolution Man
Years
  • Do you people have pets. I have some some over the years. I used to live with my aunt when I was a baby, and she had many pets. She had fish, two birdies, and my favorite, the dog, Max. I loved him, but he got put to sleep a couple of years ago.

In 1994/5 I got two fish from the rennasaince thingy. They lasted for about a week. I didn't even name them.

In November 1999, I got two dwarf frogs when I went to Philly. I had them until November 8 2002. I loved them, but they died.

In the summer of 2002, I was at my animal loving aunt's house again. Me, My cousin, and my sister went to SuperG's grocery store, and when we finished shopping and went outside, there was a litter of kittens sitting in front of the store, and some choir kids said a man had dropped them off. We took one, and named her fortunate. It is technically mine, and my cousin's, but now my other cousins live in my aunt's old house, since she moved out. They don't even like it, so I offered to take it, but no. my mom didn't want it sinc eit was more than a year old. Complicated and confusing, huh?

Then after my frogs died, I ordered two leopard frog tadpoles from Cali, and they came in the mail [not an envelope, silly, a box]. I named them Biggy and Gilly. Biggy died before, like um March, and then Gilly died in may I think.

Then, recently, in April, i was at my cousin's house in Maryland. Her cat had just had kittens, and we took two home, and one is supposed to be for my grandmother [i hope she forgets]. I haven't named my new kittens yet. I was thinking of naming the black girl Skitty. The gray male, for as long as we have it, is my sister's and she won't name it. I was thinking Garfield. They're Calicos, btw.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • I got this cute brown cat way back in elementary school from this girl who was giving cats away, but after it pooped on our couch, my mom threw the cat out. u_u My fault... u_u I didn't know... my friend and I were playing with it and trapped it under a blanket. -_-

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    Well, I have two cats, a duck, and a chicken. ^_^; The cats' names are Peaches and Misty, my duck is named Mally, and my chicken is May. They're all really cute.

I'm going to get a goat, goose, and maybe donkey soon! (Possibly a horse in the future, too.) My mom also said that I can get a dog; I'm thinking of getting a Golden Retriever.

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    Hmmm...pets..so many pets.

When I was 5, I had 2 bunnies but they ran away.

Then when I was 6 or 7, I had a cage full of hamsters. I think there was 8 of them. 3 of them died fighting. 2 died to freezing (I think). One got eaten. The 7th one I gave away. The 8th I killed by tossing it up and hitting it on the roof and I didn't catch it when it fell down and I kept doing that for a few minutes then I noticed it was dead.

When I was like 9, I ogt a hamster and turtle. I decided I could save some sapce by putting both in the same cage/aquariam. It went well for a couple weeks. but then I guess my turtle got hungry and ate my hamster. I gave the turtle away.

In 6th grade. I got a gueine pig (can't spell it), but I gave that one away cause I was scared of it.

In 7th grade, I got another hamster. I just got it so I could do a pet project thing. It's still alive and I'm in 8th grade now. I named it ***** and it's the only pet I've had that's managed to live for more than one year. It was about as long as a Mouse (computer mouse) when I got it, now it's about as long as an unused #2 pencil. A fat one too.

Years
    • Seen Aug 30, 2021
    I used to have a little baby turtle! ^_^ It was so adorable. I had it for over a year.

I hope that I can find another one. There are a lot around here, but so far the only ones that we've seen have been snapping turtles. I almost got some at a festival yesterday, but they costed 15 dollars each. =_= That's 30 bucks if I had wanted to get a little friend for the other! I think I'd rather wait until I find one out in the wild, and if all else fails, I'll buy one at the store. Until then... I can play with my aunt's turtles when I go to visit my duck and chicken at her farm!

Legendary_Pokegirl

~Change the World~
    Years
  • I had 14 hamsters for a while. I grew up with dogs though. There was only one period when I didnt have a dog, and that was because we moved in with my Grandpa and he was alergic to fur. So we got a Bishon Frise, because he didnt shed. Now I still have that Bishon and another one, and a Lab/Shepherd Crossover. There names in order are: Scout Shelby and Mattie.
    When I was a baby, we had a Cocker Spaniel named Charlie, then we got an American Eskimo, and then we had two Cocker Spaniels named Barkly and Bailey, which had to litters of puppies. Also at age of 3 I had a white rabbit named Easter. And I also won a Goldfish that I called Goldy.

Also as a baby we had a turtle and two cats name Thomas and Percy. (My bro loved Thomas the Tank Engine) And then at the age of 3 I had a cat named Tina.

A year ago we had a bunch of hamsters. Half of them died so we kept getting a new one. The we were stuck with two Kero(named after CardCaptors) and Pellets. They had 12 babies, and we kept one and named it Sysco.
    Then we got a Love Bird named Zoey.

Last edited:

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • I had two goldfish. I got both of them on the same day. I one died overnight, and the other lived on for seven years. That fish would probably still be living too, if it didn't commit suicide that is. You know those little plastic scenery tree-things that people put in fish tanks? My fish kinda swam into it and killed itself. It got stuck in the branches and was trying to swim out, it got ripped apart.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:
    Well, I have two cats, a duck, and a chicken. ^_^; The cats' names are Peaches and Misty, my duck is named Mally, and my chicken is May. They're all really cute.

I'm going to get a goat, goose, and maybe donkey soon! (Possibly a horse in the future, too.) My mom also said that I can get a dog; I'm thinking of getting a Golden Retriever.
    x_x That's a lot, a lot @_@;;; of pets, lol.
    tongue3.gif
    They sound interesting, I might wanna get a pet bird or pet fish someday... Cats? My Chemistry teacher said they were smart.. well they're cute anyway. Ducks? I liked feeding them bread. ^_^ Chicken? Aw, I had some tiny baby chicks when I was 3 or 4 years old before, but because my mother wouldn't let me take the chicks inside, they froze to death on the balcony one night. u_u I had no idea. Goat, goose, donkey, horse... o_o ... getting big, lol XD

Last edited:

Latios Master

11 Year PC Member
    Years
  • I have had pets during my life, and I still do. When I was a year old my parents had a cat named "Tina" that was jealous of me and so we got rid of her. When I was little, like 5 years old, I had a pet rabbit that I named "Bunny". I didn't know what else to call it then. :P When I was younger I also collected bugs and kept them as pets. I never named them, and they died soon after I caught them. I also had an ant farm that my grandma bought for me. The ants lived for about a month or two and then all died. I of course didn't name them either. I would of never been able to keep track of who was who anyway. XP A few years ago I had two pet fish. The first one was a small catfish (named Whiskers) that lived for three weeks. The second one was a goldfish (named Comet) that lived for four days. Now I have two red-ear slider turtles (Shelly and Hider) and two mini rex rabbits (Velvet and Sparkles). The turtles are two years old, and the rabbits are one year old.

That is my pet history. :P

Evil Togepi

Yu-Gi-Oh GX owns my SOUL!
    Years
  • In total I've had 3 Goldfish and 6 Hamsters:

When I was about 10 I convinced my parents to let me have a Goldfish, we got it from a fair that visits my town twice every year but fair fish don't last too long usually and Goldie, as I so imagintivly named it, died after 3 weeks.
    Afterwards I got two other fish, Rasputant, who only had one eye and Spot.

I can't remember how long i had rasputant and Spot for before they died due to some window cleaner substance getting into their tank.

Just before my 12th birthday I finally was allowed to have my first hamster, who I named Lucky, it was an early birthday present from my auntie (*Who sadly isn't here anymore*) if it wasn't for her I would of never been allowed to keep hamsters at all.
    After Lucky I had five other hamsters one after the other, Saffron, Max, Sakura, Storm (*Who unfortunatly died two weeks after getting her due to her developing Wet Tail*) and my current hamster I have now which is Molly. The rest of my hamsters lived to between a year and a half to almost 3 years.

jscn12

Stupid Loser
    Years
  • I have two cats and one dog. One of my cats is a girl and she's not very nice. She always lays in front of the car when I try to go driver somewhere (or on the drivers seat so i get fur all over my butt)...but hey, its a cat, what you gonna do?

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    i have a 3 legged dog. and i had a cat, but it died along with my lizard. (well, not at the same time, but ya)

Flaming Torchic

HalOWNED!
    Years
  • Kayleigh said:

Awesome, Golden Retrievers are such great dogs, I currently have an English Golden Retriever named Jane, and she is the coolest dog that I have ever known. :)

Anyways, I have 4 cats and 1 dog (Jane). The cats names are: Simba, Mouse, Buddy, and P.J. All of the cats are male except for P.J which is female. The oldest one out of them is Buddy, and he is like their mentor, he's such an obedient cat that you can pick him up and he won't even try to struggle. Yeah, I like all of my animals, but sometimes it feels a bit crowded.. x_x

Last edited:

MoonLight

The Stars are Pretty
    Years
  • Yeah I have always had pets. Right now I have a Rabbit,a Crimson Rosella Parrot and a Pomeranian/Maltese mix. and were Getting a Alaskan Malamute from a top breeder in the fall that's when they will be born.

ASG

ANTI-SPAM GUN
    Years
  • I have two dogs: 1 a St. Bernard Name: Darek Jeter jr. nickname: Jeter

2 a half St. Bernard half Collie Name:Baccuus (box,is) nickname:Stupid dog ^_^

Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2015
    I have a hamster too. I only have one though. It used to be somewhat skinny but I adopted it jus for the purpose of a school project and now it's not skinny anymore...

Back