• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Celestial"

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
Years
  • So... Ed Sheeran released a new song with a Pokémon-themed video, and he has confirmed that the song will be played at some point in the new games.

My question is, how and when do you think the song will be featured? Do you believe it will be the credits song, the background to a major cutscene or plot point, an Easter egg like the ending song in Sw/Sh, or something else? Share your guesses here!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Guesses the credits or something more out of the way. Imagines some concert hall based on Teatro Real playing it too. Would be an interesting landmark to differentiate cities.

Years
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Gotta say I think it's really funny to do this. Harmless, but funny. TPC loves weird shows of pageantry lately.

Orion☆

The Whole Constellation
    Years
  • Piers could return with an Ed Sheeran voice.

Sir, this is a serious contender for "Reply of the Year." This made at the very least my entire month and the next too.

Anyway, I've been prying around plot leaks for the game, and I think this is connected to...
    Spoiler:

I have mixed feelings about this, mostly related to the fact that none of three characters in question have endeared themselves to me enough to justify wasting this wonderful song on their plotline. I can't stop thinking about it, however, which is why I brought it up here.

If you ask me what I really want this song to be about in-game, it's the main character's bond with Koraidon or Miraidon. We know that we'll have them around from the beginning of the game, so Game Freak could finally throw us a bone and have us properly bond with it the way Lillie did with Nebby (and the way I suspect we were going to bond with Zygarde in a third version of the Kalos games), and bond with it more strongly than we did with Zacian/Zamazenta in Sw/Sh. If Koraidon/Miraidon come from a paradoxical past/future, however, this song could serve as the backdrop for our inevitable separation with them (or Arceus forbid, their sacrificing themselves to protect us from the overarching villain.)

Years
  • I hope there is a npc based of him as why not maybe in a new movie for gen 9 who knows. the song is good and although Gen 1 is my favoute and only that gen is my favourite

Just like I said it should be seen my gamefreak.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Back