• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
Years
  • Team Ludicolo has elected DJTiKi as their new representative.

Team Ludicolo-
    Spoiler:

Team Spheal-
    Spoiler:

In the last challenge, you chose to separate yourselves into Pokemon roles. The roles were as follows:
    Spoiler:

What you need to do now is decide as a team one person from each role - except Patrat and Zigzagoon, of which there need to be two people - to offer up to battle. The matchups will run down the list: rep from Volcarona group VS rep from Milotic group, rep from Zoroark group VS rep from Metagross group, etc.

Once someone from each group has been nominated, they must post here that they are Fighting for [Pokemon] (replace [Pokemon] with your role). At that time they may begin creating their team based off of the Elite Four/important NPC that used the Pokemon they're assigned to. Use only that trainer's Pokemon. If you haven't already caught on, the roles are based on the Unova and Hoenn leagues. Use the Pokemon World Tournament and other(1) Serebii(2) pages(3) to create your teams.

• Volcarona/Alder, Zoroark/N (cannot use Reshiram/Zekrom), Chandelure/Shauntal, Mienshao/Marshal, Bisharp/Grimsley, Gothitelle/Caitlin, Patrat/Cheren
    • Milotic/Wallace, Metagross/Steven, Salamence/Drake, Dusclops/Phoebe, Walrein/Glacia, Shiftry/Sidney, Zigzagoon/Norman

When your teams are created, you may battle each other on the PokeCommunity server. The winner of each battle will earn 2 points for their representative to distribute. The loser is eliminated. Oh and if a poisoned member wins, the rest of them are cured; if they lose, they're all eliminated. You have until 12AM July 12th to complete matches. Incomplete battles are losses. The deadline can be extended for good reason.

Volcarona/Omicron VS Milotic/Zeffy +2
    Zoroark/DJTiKi VS Metagross/Christos +2
    Mienshao/Renegade VS Dusclops/Marisa +2
    Chandelure/Antebelum +2 VS Salamence/Griffinbane
    Bisharp/Ultraviolence +2 VS Walrein/Isaac
    Gothitelle/Pepperton VS Shiftry/Forever +2
    Patrat/Troye +2 VS Zigzagoon/Necrum
    Patrat/Arc +2 VS Zigzagoon/Blastin'Tyruntz

Last edited:

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Question: The E4 don't appear in the PWT (I've looked, and unless I'm overlooking them, I can't see them)... So do we base them off their usual E4 team?
    I've linked Hoenn and BW2 E4, as well as N, in the first post. If a team doesn't have a full party of 6 Pokemon, add something of their type to round it out.
    So Patrat and Zigzagoon people can battle 2 from the other team?
    There will be specific matchups but two Patrat will be battling two Zigzagoon.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • Both Norman and Cheren have two different teams in PWT. I'm assuming we're excluding World Leaders, and using their Region League teams?

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • Sounds good to me! Anyway, I'm ready to kick some but! So we can only choose pokemon they use and not any other pokemon that falls in there types? Oh well, the harder the better.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • Both Norman and Cheren have two different teams in PWT. I'm assuming we're excluding World Leaders, and using their Region League teams?
    You can use whatever is available to use.
    Sounds good to me! Anyway, I'm ready to kick some but! But when is the deadline we must be ready to battle?
    I'm fine answering questions if they weren't already answered.

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
    Years
  • Would we be able to get private chatrooms on the Showdown server? I think it'd be easier to talk about teams in there.

Years
  • Fighting for Chandelure

Also I really think this is an issue worth bringing up, albeit I havent thought of a fix. No disrespect to the hosts but I think this is definitely an issue.

Actually guys, we're at a disadvantage again for this tourney.All of the unova e4 have full teams from rematches, but the hoenn e4 doesnt, and also has many repeat pokes. Antemortem said you can pick any poke from your character's type if they dont have enough for a full team. Basically they get to handpick 1-3 slots to patch up their team or add high caliber pokes, whereas we dont have this luxury. This is going to be pretty hard to overcome but hopefully we can win it.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I purposely moved some of the NPCs around in their listing before the challenge started so that not everyone would be at a type disadvantage with their opponent, plus letting the Hoenn NPCs pick one or two Pokemon to round off their teams seems to be pretty fair since Unova has a few different Pokemon to pick from and even if they don't they get one or two slots to fill in as well. Just try your hardest.

Logical Cabbage

A Very Big Altaria Fan
    Years
  • I purposely moved some of the NPCs around in their listing before the challenge started so that not everyone would be at a type disadvantage with their opponent, plus letting the Hoenn NPCs pick one or two Pokemon to round off their teams seems to be pretty fair since Unova has a few different Pokemon to pick from and even if they don't they get one or two slots to fill in as well. Just try your hardest.

So does this mean we can choose out of Hoenn pokemon for Team Spheal's E4?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back