• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Welcome back, Zorogami! :) I saw you posting around and got excited like, "Hey that's one of my birds!" lmao. Not much has changed around here since you were last active I'm sure. :P

Welcome back to the land of Challenges ruled by the Queen of Hoenn. Good luck on your journey challenger!

You are too sweet! This post gave me the fuzzies, haha. :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Welcome back!

Hey guys, the dust is starting to settle now with me getting settled into my new home, and getting my Trade Shop back up to full speed, so I'll be trying to get my Challenge threads updated. I just hope you guys didn't leave me TOO much work, lmao.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm sure you have a buttload. ;) I need to check all my threads tbh, though normally when I do, it's just people updating so it's nothing to write home about. I think my Gender Discrimination challenge fell into oblivion though, haha.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Oops... Never got around to it yesterday, lmao.

Oh well. There's nothing going on today so I should be good to get it done.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
Welcome back, Zorogami! :) I saw you posting around and got excited like, "Hey that's one of my birds!" lmao. Not much has changed around here since you were last active I'm sure. :P

Thanks sooo much for all the welcomes!! :D
Haha yeah i'm definitely one of your birds, oh my majesty of Hoenn ;)
And although not much has changed, some challenges have been extended and some others revived, so im looking forward to trying out a bunch of new ones!

I'm doing my first Monotype challenge right now, which has been a lot of fun so far
And i even have 1 or 2 ideas for a new kind of challenge, let's see if i work out something good

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
It's funny, with most of my monotypes, I choose types and games where a Pokémon on my team can learn Surf and Fly (aka the only HMs important to me).
Not that funny, I sometimes have had to choose different teams based on that (and not always the ideal one) just so I don't have to worry about using HM slaves just to get around as opposed to using them in certain spots (like with Strength and Rock Smash).

Although this is more pronounced for me now in my monocolors than many of my earlier monotypes because of the fact that I hardly ever used full teams then and am using as many as I can now, so there is hardly ever room for a Wingull or Psyduck.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
Monotype is sweet, I hope you enjoy it Zorogami. I haven't been able to work on my challenges for a couple weeks due to me now being in an effective mood to get my trade shop going. But now I think I'll be able to start working on them again. I really want to get things moving in my SS Bug Mono. It's gonna be SO hard to beat, oh my god.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Syd! How's your Pokemon game going? You almost done or you already done, even?

I just entered Victory Road last night. n__n Perhaps I can finish it some time today or tonight, and if not, tomorrow. idr what I was last doing on my random lmao. I'm thinking about dropping it cause I just don't have any motivation for it at all, and I'd really like to do The Ones That Got Away in either FireRed or SoulSilver.

I really need to play some other games soon too, but I'd like to finish White 2 and then focus on Okamiden for a bit maybe, or Kingdom Hearts.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
You'll have fun with your monotype. :) What type and game are you doing?

Thanks a lot! I'm really loving it so far. I decided to do Electric on VoltWhite
Fitting right? ^^

Monotype is sweet, I hope you enjoy it Zorogami.
I'm having a ton of fun! I'll probably do another monotype after this one (:
Hope you get back to do challenges soon!!

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
I just came up with a challenge if anyone wants to post it (I haven't decided yet if I'll participate).

Anime Character Type Challenge

This is a challenge in which your Pokémon will be given a personality – an anime personality (or archetype). You must build a team based on any of the following attributes.

Rules:
•No Mary Sues (aka Legends)
•You can't have a team that's full of one archetype or more than one of the same archetype in your team
•No Dues Ex Machina (aka no Action Replay or Gameshark)
•You can trade/Palpark/Time travel with yourself or each other for needed Pokémon if not available

See the spoiler for the Character Types.
Spoiler:

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I was watching the new Pokemon XY trailer just now, and had a thought. What if, since now everything is a 3D model, we can't turn off battle animations? It would really suck for us challengers! It's like the number one way to speed up a challenge!

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
I don't mind having the battle animations, I love them. Even when I'm doing the challenges :)

Only time I would turn it off is when I'm doing a timed challenge.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
I was watching the new Pokemon XY trailer just now, and had a thought. What if, since now everything is a 3D model, we can't turn off battle animations? It would really suck for us challengers! It's like the number one way to speed up a challenge!
I actually don't do that, but did the console games let you turn off animations? Seems like a similar thing.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The only time I ever turned off battle animation in a challenge was for the speed run GT event in 2011 and when I was playing Black and didn't get a team member till like...Route 4 and wanted to hurry up and get there so the challenge could really begin.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
Years
I usually leave them off until a boss fight, like a Gym Leader or the E4. But for regular trainer battles, and especially when Grinding I turn animations off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back