• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

He could learn Reflect, too (gen I) or just set up some bulk before the fighters enter with curse or defense curl or smth So even if he mysteriously ends up underleveled in a solo run, he'd still manage. Dude can even learn double team. Oh, the horror of your opponents! JUST HYPERBEAM THE FOOLS

GG. Snorlax OP.

Last edited:

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • But you gotta remember that Snorlax is really slow too and unlike his Special Defense, his defense isn't really that great so a good Fighting move could maybe ohko him :O

So Curse would be a great move for him since he's already slow and most likely all of the Pokemon sent at you would be faster than him anyways :P

Or.... you power grind him like crazy and his level reaches the 60's at the Elite 4 xD

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Or.... you power grind him like crazy and his level reaches the 60's at the Elite 4 xD

Um you do realize that with solo challenges you normally wind up somewhere in the late 80's early 90's without doing crazy amounts of grinding. ^_^

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Um you do realize that with solo challenges you normally wind up somewhere in the late 80's early 90's without doing crazy amounts of grinding. ^_^

That's when you get them early in game no? :P

So unless, you hack and get him early on in the game, you gotta wait till much later on :D
    Since Snorlax appears like before/after the Fuchsia city gym, iirc? So he wouldn't be as strong as a Pokemon that you got.. let's say before Brock?^^

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    That's when you get them early in game no? :P

So unless, you hack and get him early on in the game, you gotta wait till much later on :D
    Since Snorlax appears like before/after the Fuchsia city gym, iirc? So he wouldn't be as strong as a Pokemon that you got.. let's say before Brock?^^

In the mono color it's perfectly fine to hack it in because it's not before the 3nd badge and with the solo challenge you're supposed to use it for the entire game so it gets hacked in.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    Yeah I can't imagine someone doing a Solo challenge and not use the Pokemon for the majority of the challenge (first badge and beyond if you transfer an egg over in later gens or earlier if you hack in the Pokemon).

Really tho, even though Furret is faster, if I can manage a solo run with a Furret I think someone can manage a Snorlax solo no problem.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • In gen 1 you can use a special attacking snorlax to decent effect, so you could potentially use both snorlax and have them do different things.

Years
  • For that matter, it certainly helps that it gets Amnesia, which boosts both Special Attack and Special Defense in Generation I since they were only one stat back then.

Also, in theory you COULD beat Brock and Misty and skip Lt. Surge until you get Snorlax, but you'd probably barrel through him and Erika.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • In the mono color it's perfectly fine to hack it in because it's not before the 3nd badge and with the solo challenge you're supposed to use it for the entire game so it gets hacked in.

Yea, but for those who do it with the cartridge and with no way of hacking :P

And I completely forgot about the 2nd Snorlax LOL.

And yea, Like Necrum said, you could have them do different jobs with one being a straight up wall and the other being a beater :D

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    this thread needs some love

So I've been occasionally tuning in to the TSG Pokemon marathon that has been going on throughout the past week, and I consequently thought of another challenge. However, this may be more of a personal challenge than a challenge with a thread. So basically, the goal is to complete the National Pokedex in XY. Although that is a challenge in and of itself, it could technically be considered a normal goal for a playthrough.. which is where the twist comes in! The idea is the have a complete PokeDex, but every Pokemon in it is from their home region. So all of the 151 original Kanto Pokemon must be imported through the generations to get to Pokemon X or Y, and the same for the Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova Pokemon. To make it even harder you could do a 'live' Pokedex with every evolution in a line, but you could also just do it with the final evolution stored in the box! However, there are a ton of limitations to this particular goal: the necessity of a DS original/lite, a 3DS, and a real copy of pretty much every game since RSE, just to name a few..

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • this thread needs some love

So I've been occasionally tuning in to the TSG Pokemon marathon that has been going on throughout the past week, and I consequently thought of another challenge. However, this may be more of a personal challenge than a challenge with a thread. So basically, the goal is to complete the National Pokedex in XY. Although that is a challenge in and of itself, it could technically be considered a normal goal for a playthrough.. which is where the twist comes in! The idea is the have a complete PokeDex, but every Pokemon in it is from their home region. So all of the 151 original Kanto Pokemon must be imported through the generations to get to Pokemon X or Y, and the same for the Hoenn, Sinnoh, and Unova Pokemon. To make it even harder you could do a 'live' Pokedex with every evolution in a line, but you could also just do it with the final evolution stored in the box! However, there are a ton of limitations to this particular goal: the necessity of a DS original/lite, a 3DS, and a real copy of pretty much every game since RSE, just to name a few..
    Sounds like a more extreme version of collecting a Living Dex. I know some people over in Trade Corner who might like this idea.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    Yeah, I would like to do it but between work, school, and the other challenge goals I have I'll probably be lucky just to complete my Pokedex in X anytime soon.
    Anyways, I thought of an interesting thing to potentially add to the Challenges forum: a subforum where each person who has completed a set number of challenges can create a 'showcase' thread where they can display all of their completed challenges and the teams they used for each one. For example, I would like to have a place where I can see all of the monotypes I've done with the teams I used in one place, with pretty CSS. The only issue I can think of is if there would be enough usage. I'm not entirely sure how many Challenge regulars there are who have completed enough challenges and who would like to create such a thread. Also, it would probably add extra work for Syd since she would have to approve of said threads (and probably deal with a lot of spam).

Years
    • Seen Feb 14, 2023
    Yeah, I would like to do it but between work, school, and the other challenge goals I have I'll probably be lucky just to complete my Pokedex in X anytime soon.
    Anyways, I thought of an interesting thing to potentially add to the Challenges forum: a subforum where each person who has completed a set number of challenges can create a 'showcase' thread where they can display all of their completed challenges and the teams they used for each one. For example, I would like to have a place where I can see all of the monotypes I've done with the teams I used in one place, with pretty CSS. The only issue I can think of is if there would be enough usage. I'm not entirely sure how many Challenge regulars there are who have completed enough challenges and who would like to create such a thread. Also, it would probably add extra work for Syd since she would have to approve of said threads (and probably deal with a lot of spam).

That kind of sounds like what some people already do in their signature.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Also, it might not be as fancy as you have described, but they also have a section in the About Me on your profile where you can list ever challenge you completed :P

~Justified~

~Working On A New Rom Hack~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2015
    I'm back ^_^ for now anyways. Anything interesting going on in the challenges section lately? Like new challenges or anything like that?

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    That kind of sounds like what some people already do in their signature.

Also, it might not be as fancy as you have described, but they also have a section in the About Me on your profile where you can list ever challenge you completed :P

I understand that people put that type of thing in their signatures and their profile, but honestly I don't have enough room in my signature to put all of the details that I would like to have, and I wouldn't be able to present it with pictures, CSS, etc. in my profile. Perhaps it could work like the [Studio] prefixes over in the trade corner so there wouldn't have to be a complete sub forum for something that likely wouldn't get much use/attention.

Proteun

Unofficial PokéMusic Composer
    Years
  • Hey, could you guys please read this?

Does anyone know how to work with this? Should it be allowed to hack in evolved Eevees if they are not obtainable until postgame? I really don't know another solution...

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • Iirc, the original post let you hack or trade the Eeveelutions if you couldn't obtain them before defeating the challenge itself. So I think you can hack in. But since it's your challenge now, you can tweak some of the rules to be more accommodating.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hate to ask this, but does anyone want to make an Egglocke? I keep getting threads for them, but it's people asking for eggs basically, not people actually wanting to set up a challenge thread for everyone to play in. If no one's up to it, that's fine. It's just something that would be a good addition (and hey, it's a locke variant I'd approve of) and it just keeps cropping up. I mean, it might as well get made.

If anyone's up to it though, hopefully you know the read the rules/FAQ drill by now on making threads, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back