• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Challenge Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eleventyseventy

But why is the rum gone?
Years
  • Do you want to see Challenge Mode return for Pokemon X and Y? I'd much prefer a Normal | Hard | Expert difficulty setting available from the get-go.

I enjoyed Challenge Mode for the first two or three gyms in BW2 but eventually the challenge just wasn't really there. :/

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I enjoyed Challenge Mode on Black & White 2 so I'd like to see this making a return. I'd also like to see them expand on this Key Feature, it was only introduced in B2W2 so it has potential to expand.

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    Do you want to see Challenge Mode return for Pokemon X and Y? I'd much prefer a Normal | Hard | Expert difficulty setting available from the get-go.

I enjoyed Challenge Mode for the first two or three gyms in BW2 but eventually the challenge just wasn't really there. :/

Absolutely.
    I want Hard mode from the start, not having to unlock and replay just because you want some decent challenge. That is ridiculous and silly. Give us choice form the start Game Freak, It is not the kiddies will mistakenly choose hard difficulty for their first playthrough.

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
    Years
  • I enjoyed Challenge mode on White 2 a lot so I also want that in this game. But it should also be from the start so that we don't need to complete the game to play a Hard mode.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Ooh yes, definitely if it was from the start might be nice. Well, I didn't use it in B2/W2, but still! I think it'd create a whole lot of interest in the games when they're released when you get to choose how you journey p much.

Years
  • Please for the love of Hell make it available right from the start. I know normality is for the weak and Pokemon wanted to try and be different from all the other games that give you the difficulty setting at the beginning but there are exceptions to that rule and this is one of them.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
  • Difficulty

Do you think Pokémon X and Y will have a difficulty setting like B2/W2? How many setting would there be? How much would it change the game? What would you play it on? How could it be improved from B2/W2?

Discuss!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I hope it has B2W2's initial difficulty and lets us unlock challenge and easy mode. Basically, I like the formula we had for B2W2 and hope it makes a return! I think Game Freak finally had the difficultly level right, and if you weren't happy with it, there were ways to change that. I kind of hope that we're offered those modes without having to unlock them, though. Just have them from the beginning, regardless of version.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
  • The difficulty of B2W2 through the first playthrough was extremely easy, so I'm seriously hoping that we'll be able to adjust the difficulty right from the get-go.

diamondmutt1111

A wild summer appeared!
    Years
  • Do you want to see Challenge Mode return for Pokemon X and Y? I'd much prefer a Normal | Hard | Expert difficulty setting available from the get-go.

From the get-go would be WAY better then linking with friends AND having to beat the Champion. If someone NEEDS easy-mode, Y make them beat the game on Normal (then again, nowadays Pokémon gets easier and easier)

PhoenixWright77

Pokémaster Attorney
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2015
    I would definitely like a challenge mode. But this time we have to have it from the start. We shouldn't have to connect our 3DS to our friends just to have a harder challenge!

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I would love it if it was from the start, I never got to try any of the other modes yet because I don't know anyone who has beaten Black 2 yet. (I could have tried Easy Mode, but..) I would use Challenge all the time! I think they'll probably add it in somewhere, at least, which is better than nothing!

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • Difficulty.

(I've been burning to ask this question, but I'm sure it'll get knocked down again :P)

What do you think the difficulty will be? Will it be like BW, where the Gym Leaders leave you at Level 35 and then you get to the Elite Four, with Lv 45 Pokémon?

Or will it be more linear, and you get gradually to the Elite Four?

And as a bonus, how much do you think the late-game levels will be?

blue

gucci
    Years
  • B2W2 was perfect, especially with Challenge Mode.

I'd like it so that the Gym Leader's Level's reach the standard of Marlon's in B2W2 (49-51) and then the Elite Four a few levels higher, for me that's the perfect balance of difficulty.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I hope they just include the difficulty setting for everybody with no strings attached. I don't think it's something that you should have to link up with somebody to get.

For one thing if you played White 2 you got an easier difficulty setting, which was pretty useless unless you intended to give a younger sibling you're game (of which I have none) and for another it's a bit silly offering it at the end of the game and not at the start. Who's bright idea was that? I haven't played challenge mode for this reason, I don't restart my games.

Preferably in Pokemon X & Y we'll be able to choose a difficulty setting at the start and be able to change it freely afterwards.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    I dunno, I didn't find either B/W or B2/W2 to be that hard, though I haven't tried challenge mode.

Hopefully, Gamefreak won't do that "beat the game, unlock.... easy mode!" thing again like they did for W2.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
    Years
  • I hope it's like FR/LG. The level range there were perfect, gave you tons of trainer to grind on to get to the E4's level range.

BW's level range was pretty high for me. Maybe it's because I kept rushing through the game, but I found the gym leaders level and the E4 to be high.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • I hope they just include the difficulty setting for everybody with no strings attached. I don't think it's something that you should have to link up with somebody to get.

For one thing if you played White 2 you got an easier difficulty setting, which was pretty useless unless you intended to give a younger sibling you're game (of which I have none) and for another it's a bit silly offering it at the end of the game and not at the start. Who's bright idea was that? I haven't played challenge mode for this reason, I don't restart my games.

Preferably in Pokemon X & Y we'll be able to choose a difficulty setting at the start and be able to change it freely afterwards.
    Ooh, that sounds cool, but I don't know how that would affect the "vibe".

I mean, lots of "triple A" games are doing that, letting you choose from "easy" to "extreme", but Pokémon has never done that…it'll be interesting.

But I like the part where you have to adjust to the difficulty they give you, it's not that hard, because "hard" just means "higher levels" and "smarter AI", rather than "here, you take on these enemies just running at you in real time (did we mention that it's in real time?) like you did, but with 50 coming at you this time over."

SnowpointQuincy

Seeker of FRIEND CODES
    Years
  • BW2 was good with levels. Difficulty comes more from clever movesets and AI. In that line of thought, it would be nice if the whole game was filled with trainers as smart as Battle Tower/PWT.

droomph

weeb
    Years
  • as smart as

Lol, that reminds me…

What if they, in the presence of an easy wi-fi connection, they would allow real players to battle each other as average trainer battles? I'm sure that would be a doozy to figure out, but once they do, it would have a pretty nice effect…

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back