• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Challenge Mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    Lol, that reminds me…

What if they, in the presence of an easy wi-fi connection, they would allow real players to battle each other as average trainer battles? I'm sure that would be a doozy to figure out, but once they do, it would have a pretty nice effect…

I actually thought about this when they first mentioned "Real Play". That maybe there would be some trainers on routes that would be replaced by trainers downloaded using spotpass.

It would make even more sense if people can customize their characters. (so you won't be meeting yourself all the time :p)

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    Lol, that reminds me…

What if they, in the presence of an easy wi-fi connection, they would allow real players to battle each other as average trainer battles? I'm sure that would be a doozy to figure out, but once they do, it would have a pretty nice effect…

That would certainly be fun, but you'd have insanely long battles (for normal route Trainers who almost never have a full team) AND, for every battle, one of the players is going back to the Pokemon Center regardless. Could be a wee bit frustrating on those longer routes.

I'd totally be one of those guys who starts a game, brings in eggs of Pokemon that perfectly slaughter the starters and the first route Pokemon, and then hang out on Route 2. Muahahahahaha!

But seriously, let us choose a difficulty setting at the beginning Game Freak. And don't make it just a level adjustment either! Improve your normally terrible AI and pit that against me in Challenge Mode. And don't give us a Lucky Egg this time around either. Please.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    I'd like to see a challenge mode return, but as long as it really does indeed give a real challenge. I'd like to see more harder difficulties with levels being about 10 levels higher than in normal mode. Unlike in B2/W2, it only increased the levels by only one. So if the challenge mode does make a comeback, I'd like to see the levels about 10 levels higher than in normal mode, otherwise it's gonna be rather pointless. xD

Polizard

Awesome Trainer
    Years
    The challenge mode was a great concept but i agree with most of you i think it should be available from the get go and should also be a bit more challenging then what it was in B2 and W2. I like most of you guys found the first and second gym to be where the game had most of the challenge after that the game was pretty much the same and i did not really notice much difference, I did however like that some gym leaders added an extra Pokemon. Which was good.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I loved the idea of Challenge Mode (and the Key System in general), so I would love to see it expanded upon! Having the difficulty setting available from the start, and unlocking different keys along the way, would probably work best for a lot of people. Also, perhaps in addition to increasing the trainers' Pokémons' levels, their teams could also be reworked to make them a bit more challenging to battle. The reverse would apply to Easy Mode.

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
    Years
    From the get-go, yeah, I'd prefer a Easy | Normal | Hard | Expert setting too, because y'know, I find pokemon games to be incredibly easy nowadays, even if it's in a generation with a set of new pokemon I haven't seen before; usually all I'd do is read them in the pokedex and come up with future strategies. ;_: Plus, the computer's AI of switching in pokemon after one of theirs is KO'd kiiind of makes it obvious that they would send in a pokemon that counters mine.

I kind of want a challenge mode that is beyond hard mode too, y'know? I mean, in B2W2, +5 levels and a higher AI... it still seemed a tad too easy. I'd like the AI to be even higher, with more levels (maybe like... 8 or 10 more?) With better items, better pokemon, etc. etc. Well, maybe it'd be a bit much, but, what can I say~ I'm a guy who likes a challenge!

SolarAbusoru

Go Go PokéRangers
    Years
    If it were higher than hard, I'd say it should be named Champion mode, fits with the game.

And yeah, difficulty modes from the beginning would be preferable instead of having to be unlocked.

masaru3

Chespin, I choose you!
    Years
    I hope the difficulty modes come back, but I'd like it if we could set the difficulty from to start and change anytime we wanted.

KillerTyphlosion

Champion
    Years
    I want a hard mode and even a mode above that to. But if they introduce that they should make some settings making it harder like in hard mode you can't swith when you defeat someone's pokemon (so basically have the setting locked on set) and that in trainer battle's you are limited in using items. Wy should you be able to use 50x healing items when your opponent can only use 4?

Years
    • Seen Nov 22, 2014
    We need a few modes:

Couch Potato - Where gym leaders only have up to 3 pokemon max and the elite 4 has only four pokemon, level 50 is the max level they could reach and no held items or trainer items. To make it particularly easy, all opponent pokemon could have their abilities disabled.

Easy - Between Couch Potato and Normal, more pokemon in Gym's and Elite 4, higher levels, few held items and no trainer items used.

Normal - How it's been the entire set of games

Hard - Higher levels for all trainers (approx. +5). More held items and more possible trainer bag items for use. Gyms leaders and Elite 4 should all have 5 pokemon. Elite 4 pokemon to range up to a max of 65. Every elite 4 will have a pokemon Mega-Evolve

Juggernaut - All trainers have an extra pokemon in their teams, some also have pokemon with hidden abilities and have shinies. Half of all their pokemon will have a hold item, and a high-powered TM move. Gym Leaders have 6 pokemon, as well as the elite 4. All levels will be pushed up 10 levels higher than at normal difficulty (other than the trainers up to the first gym). The highest level pokemon belonging to the Champion will be level 80. Every gym-leader will have a pokemon mega-evolve

Exterminator - All trainers and wild pokemon will have hold items, and every trainer will have a large amount of bag items to use in battle. Most trainer pokemon will also have hidden abilities, with shinies and everyone will have the ability to mega-evolve. Gym leader levels will be dynamic, and their strongest pokemon will always at +5 levels than your strongest pokemon. Elite 4 pokemon will be from a minimum of level 80 with the Champions highest being 95.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    But seriously, let us choose a difficulty setting at the beginning Game Freak. And don't make it just a level adjustment either! Improve your normally terrible AI and pit that against me in Challenge Mode. And don't give us a Lucky Egg this time around either. Please.

Why wouldn't you the lucky egg first time round?

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2013
    Exterminator - All trainers and wild pokemon will have hold items, and every trainer will have a large amount of bag items to use in battle. Most trainer pokemon will also have hidden abilities, with shinies and everyone will have the ability to mega-evolve. Gym leader levels will be dynamic, and their strongest pokemon will always at +5 levels than your strongest pokemon. Elite 4 pokemon will be from a minimum of level 80 with the Champions highest being 95.

Battles could get boring like that, if every time you get an opponent to red health it uses full restore and when it dies, uses max revive battling would become a chore.

And while I do think Gym Leaders should be more of a challenge, just bumping the levels isn't exactly gonna do that. Early gyms will end up harder than later ones due to the lack of coverage early on.

And you do know that Shinnies aren't exactly all that better than other Pokemon right?

blue

gucci
    Years
    Please don't bump threads that haven't been posted in for over a month - This thread has been inactive for eight months now.

Locked.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back