• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge the Prism League!

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    I'm not really a competitive trainer but I'll give it a try -
    PokeCommunity username: mimimahboul
    Division being challenged: 3DS
    Friend code: 0103-9972-1307
    Team to be used:
    Raikou
    Steelix
    Torterra
    Reshiram
    Zoroark
    Mewtwo

I'm using Pokemon Y as most of my good Pokemon are in there and I don't have Pokemon bank.

Really cool team :D I haven't seen a torterra or steelix in here yet at all; but Reshiram and Mewtwo are actually barred from both challenger and gym teams since they're super stronk legends - classified as uber tier. Is there any other 2 pokes you could use on your team in their place?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Sure! :D My new team will be -
    Raikou
    Steelix
    Torterra
    Garchomp
    Zoroark
    Florges

Raikou is ok...Right?
    I wish I could put Gligar. But he's too weak :(
    Yeah, your team is ok now. It's not all legendaries that are banned.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Raikou and Crobat had normal speed, Raikou was Scarfed even :P Plan was to Volt Switch out fast with Raikou, bring in a slow pokémon in and let Slowking set Trick Room. But I should have known Medicham would Fake-Out Raikou so I should have switched to Ferrothorn right away :)

Way to ruin my fun, Rub Thighs. I just wanted to have a nice, easy Trick Room battle where I could take out annoying birds with Ice Beam.

rob_thijs

Trick Room Master
    Years
    Way to ruin my fun, Rub Thighs. I just wanted to have a nice, easy Trick Room battle where I could take out annoying birds with Ice Beam.

I had fun :) I only took the birds out with Ice Punch and the rest with Psychic or Power Gem. Always have a back up pokémon in Trick Room (I had Raikou and Crobat) and always have 2 pokémon that can set Trick Room (I had Gallade (this came unexpected) and Slowking)

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    I had fun :) I only took the birds out with Ice Punch and the rest with Psychic or Power Gem. Always have a back up pokémon in Trick Room (I had Raikou and Crobat) and always have 2 pokémon that can set Trick Room (I had Gallade (this came unexpected) and Slowking)

Yeah, Trick Room is a pretty new strategy to me, and I only have one Mon on my team that can run it. It's a good point for future matches though.

I had back ups but Polar's subbed on so many of my matches that he knows my backups by now. That match was over in the first turn.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    Sure! :D My new team will be -
    Raikou
    Steelix
    Torterra
    Garchomp
    Zoroark
    Florges

Raikou is ok...Right?
    I wish I could put Gligar. But he's too weak :(

Raikou is definitely alright - and sorry if it seemed like raining on your parade, what Zekrom said though, it's not all legends - just some. Good luck to you in your challenge though! :D

My winged legions escape the onslaught this time

Challenge the Prism League!

Yeah, Trick Room is a pretty new strategy to me, and I only have one Mon on my team that can run it. It's a good point for future matches though.

I had back ups but Polar's subbed on so many of my matches that he knows my backups by now. That match was over in the first turn.

Yeahhhh I remember having that problem with Krystia, even though I changed a few sets he already knew my team since he'd subbed for me at least twice, it was obnoxious. I at least didn't watch any of your elite battles with your changed sets though, if you posted them. But hey, I'll probably be changing my team a bit when we rematch so it won't be like playing the same crap over and over. I already forgot the 6 I used anyways :I

But; come tonight - if you're free we can run that challenge again.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Breloom, Hawlucha, Staraptor, Gallade, Lucario, and Mandibuzz.

... I think. Now I know that Offensive Spore is viable in Doubles.

Last edited:

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    I can't decide who my MVP was this match, but my love for my team was truly rekindled, so thank you for that :D

Skyberries vs Krystia for the Cryokect symbol:

GECG-WWWW-WWXH-PK2N

Also totally thought you were going to use Ice Shard to take out Chawizawd.

ScraggyTrainer

Whimsy!
    Years
    Hello! I would like to sign up.

PokeCommunity username: ScraggyTrainer
    Division being challenged: 3DS
    3DS FC/battle server alt(s): 2938-6645-8515
    Team to be used (just the species is fine): Slowbro, Breloom, Scizor, Garchomp, Heatran, Mandibuzz

ScraggyTrainer

Whimsy!
    Years
    I will be challenging Oblivion Wing to a battle. I am available for the rest of tonight. I am also free tomorrow (Friday) from Noon-6pm and Saturday all day (New York Time).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I will be challenging Oblivion Wing to a battle. I am available for the rest of tonight. I am also free tomorrow (Friday) from Noon-6pm and Saturday all day (New York Time).
    You might wanna PM him your challenge. Not all the members check this thread on a regular basis.

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I posted on his profile. Hopefully that will be enough :P

Just texted him, said he'll be on later tonight when he gets out of class. You'll be on in a few hours right?

Or you can challenge me :) I'm in the mood for a battle at the moment!

I'd battle you if I weren't stuck doing this 6 page mid term paper :c

Tried to get Zekrom's sub match out of the way, but we kept getting disconnects. :/ Maybe later tonight

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
    Tonight I finally wrested the Contrast Symbol from Polar Spectrum's most worthy grip in honourable Doubles battle:

LFXG-WWWW-WWXJ-PDYJ

Heatran saw exactly how much use I expected it to, because most of Polar's teams are Anti-Tran.

Back