• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

change a pokémon in some way

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
  • very general discussion thread, if you could change the features of any Pokémon, what would it be - examples include giving it a new type, such as fire/dragon charizard or water/dragon gyarados, or change its ability, moveset, re-balancing its stats, etc.

can be for any reason you want, like making it more competitively viable, making it make more logical sense, just making it cooler, etc. I'm interested to see some of the responses besides the really common type changes that everyone wants.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Give Zekrom 10 more base Attack and Speed

would do so much for it

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 26, 2023
    Personally, I would make Dragonite's shiny something other than that nasty green. The Dragonair/Dratini shinies are so cute and I feel like they totally ruined it with that puke green final evolution. It doesn't have to be the same shade of purple, maybe a dark purple with black accents or black with red accents, idk just something cooler imo.

Then there's the obvious type changes -- Fire/Dragon Charizard, Electric/Dark Luxray, etc.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Even though I love Incineroar, there's one problem I have with it: its low Speed. Personally, I'd take away a few points from its Special Attack, and add those to its Speed instead. Also, I'd give it Fire Punch as a level-up move, and make it learn Poison Jab from the TM.

xXLunaSolXx

Many Pokemon have shinies that don't look any different or just bad ones. Garchomp and Weavile are good examples. A pink dark-type Pokemon, are you kidding Game Freak? >_< It would look way cooler if it was just white and light blue. Garchomp, on other hand, it just doesn't look any different.

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Put Nidorina and Nidoqueen into the Monster and Field Egg groups (like Nidoran?).

Speaking of the Nidoran? family, they do a cool thing with their shiny forms, in that they take the colors of the counterparts. With one exception - Shiny Nidoqueen is green. Change that to Nidoking's normal coloration.

I was always really disappointed that they didn't do the color swapped shiny thing the Nidorans tried to do with other Pokemon. Shellos East / Shellos West, Gastrodon East / Gastrodon West, Volbeat / Illumise, Plusle / Minun.

Why does Illumise not get Illuminate as an ability, but Volbeat does?

Can Gyarados either be pure Water-type or get an offensive Flying-type move?

Psyduck should evolve sooner. 33 is pretty late to be stuck with a Psyduck. 25 would be much more reasonable.

Years
  • Change Espeon's shiny form.

I don't know why this keeps happening to us. They utilize green in great ways for many Pokemon in their normal form like leafeon or the treecko evolutionary line. But when it comes to shinies they keep using broccoli green. Espeon got the same treatment as dragonite.

It not only takes away from a design that was beautiful but it has no relationship to what the Pokemon is even about. Its the Sun Pokemon, maybe gold would be a better choice for his shiny than I dunno slime?

A gold shiny would directly link espeon with the sun and make an even stronger contrast to Umbreon's dark appearance and typing. I think it would also beautifully offset the ruby in its forehead even more, like a gem inside of a gold bracelet. He could be Baast, the Egyptian cat god of the sun this way :D

I have to also agree about the shinies who are almost indistinguishable from their normal forms. Since I am on the subject of cats lets look at Persian. I think the classy feline would be cool with a black shiny, the idea of bad karma from a black cat crossing your path would be a good fit because he is known for being spiteful and even will harm his trainers.

Last edited:

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
  • Just make Necrozma any type besides Psychic. I really hate how most Legendaries are Psychic, it's like its by default.

Maybe make it a Fairy type because it thrives on light?? It could be dark from it being the reminiscence of the Ultra Beasts + its appearance totally screams Dark type.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • Just make Necrozma any type besides Psychic. I really hate how most Legendaries are Psychic, it's like its by default.

Maybe make it a Fairy type because it thrives on light?? It could be dark from it being the reminiscence of the Ultra Beasts + its appearance totally screams Dark type.
    I keep thinking it's a Dark-type as well haha. I sent it out to try and type-trump Psychic and Ghost-types several times and totally forgot that it's a Psychic-type. Whyy???????

Either Fairy or Dark would be a better typing. Maybe both! I like Pokémon that have two seemingly opposing types, like Volcanion.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Necrozma would love to have a 5th move slot. Then you can run that fun Stored Power set without having to worry about Dark types =)

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Make it so Vullaby and Rufflet evolve at an earlier level. I like both (Especially Mandibuzz) but it is a bit odd they evolve at Level 54.

To put it another way Gabite evolves into pseudo legendary Garchomp at Level 48.

Having the two Unova birds evolve at say Level 40 would make more sense especially for an in-game run. As it stands you get the birds evolved at the Elite Four.

Years
  • I've been toying with eye of a mega evolution for Grumpig. If Gardevoir got a mega evolution when we revisited Hoenn then I say Grumpig could use the help more. Spoink and his line are so irresistable-looking that I want them to have more love. There's a lot there to work with from the ice, fire resistances to a broad movepool and great special defense. I'd like to take it to the next level.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Garchomp's shiny colours... like, is it really any different?

Spoiler:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    The best part tho is that shiny Mega Garchomp is inexplicably bright pink

AliceBlaze

Shiny Collector
    Years
  • - Change the Litten family's shiny colours to either black and purple or orange and black. The former because it would suit Incineroar's typing better or the latter because they would look like real life tigers.

- Change how Porygon2 evolves into Porygon-Z so you wouldn't have to trade Porygon with an item twice.

- Put the Ralts family in the Human-Like egg group.

- Make Alolan Raichu able to learn Surf. I think that was a wasted opportunity especially because there are other non-water types that can learn that move.

- Change shiny Krookodile's colours. I don't care what into, anything would be better than the disgusting colours it has now.

Back