• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

CHESS YALL - The Tabletop Gaming Lounge

Years
I'm interested in all of the games mentioned.

I'm in favor of doing a chess tournament next, if we can find a good way to play against each other online.

There are loads of online chess games. This site in particular looks promising.

If we are going to do a chess tournament, I recommend we do it as a round robin. Just have people register for it and then everyone plays everyone at least once, then tally points at the end to determine the overall winner. In chess tournaments points usually go like what I have below for memory.

Lose - 0
Draw - 1
Win - 2

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'll post up a blog entry here in a few minutes and try to get some people to come join in on chess. And if you actually want to be in the chess tournament just clarify that with another post if you would. On Monday I'll look at setting up a bracket, and depending on how many people sign up I may make it a double elimination thing. :)

Or I may just make it d.e. anyways.

Years
I'll post up a blog entry here in a few minutes and try to get some people to come join in on chess. And if you actually want to be in the chess tournament just clarify that with another post if you would. On Monday I'll look at setting up a bracket, and depending on how many people sign up I may make it a double elimination thing. :)

Or I may just make it d.e. anyways.

Well you know I'm in haha
I love chess xD

Years
While I am undecided whether I will join the chess tournament or not, I would like to mention that I am quite skilled at chess. I was even a member of a chess club when I was in elementary and middle school.

Me too xD
Well only in primary school, I went back to help teach for a few years after that though. I even did tournaments and got to get beaten by a grandmaster once. It's been years since I played seriously but I like to think I've still got some semblance of my old skill haha

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I've never been anything special at chess, I've been playing with my dad since I was about 4 but have long since forgotten all of the special moves and whatnot. I just like to play for fun now :P

Years
I've never been anything special at chess, I've been playing with my dad since I was about 4 but have long since forgotten all of the special moves and whatnot. I just like to play for fun now :P

You weren't playing to have fun to begin with?

I don't remember very much myself, the limit of my memory is pretty much castling, pinning and forking haha

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
You weren't playing to have fun to begin with?

I don't remember very much myself, the limit of my memory is pretty much castling, pinning and forking haha

I was raised up to try and be the best at everything. Learning chess was just as much a drill as up downs for football were. But over time my dad realized I was too straightforward and hardheaded and probably wouldn't ever be good at it, so then it turned more into a for fun thing.

Looking through all of the special moves and whatnot you can do for chess, it appears the only thing I actually forgot about was en passant. Still don't expect much out of myself though haha.

Years
I was raised up to try and be the best at everything. Learning chess was just as much a drill as up downs for football were. But over time my dad realized I was too straightforward and hardheaded and probably wouldn't ever be good at it, so then it turned more into a for fun thing.

Looking through all of the special moves and whatnot you can do for chess, it appears the only thing I actually forgot about was en passant. Still don't expect much out of myself though haha.

I don't even remember what that is so I'm googling it now haha
I never needed help with wanting to be the best at everything myself haha, I'm very competitive.

Edit: Well that is very interesting, I've never actually learned about that.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I don't even remember what that is so I'm googling it now haha
I never needed help with wanting to be the best at everything myself haha, I'm very competitive.

Edit: Well that is very interesting, I've never actually learned about that.

Yep yep. Just one of those things you can do to people to forcibly open up a winning move or use against inexperienced players who are just too aggressive. I'm much more just about having fun haha.

Years
Yep yep. Just one of those things you can do to people to forcibly open up a winning move or use against inexperienced players who are just too aggressive. I'm much more just about having fun haha.

I'm going to enjoy doing that to a noob and then making them rage when I prove I'm not cheating xD

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I'm going to enjoy doing that to a noob and then making them rage when I prove I'm not cheating xD

A long time ago I played games on Pogo and I went into a game of chess and did that to like 5 in the beginner rooms and I also did the two and three move win a couple of times. It's fun to piss off noobs :3

Years
A long time ago I played games on Pogo and I went into a game of chess and did that to like 5 in the beginner rooms and I also did the two and three move win a couple of times. It's fun to piss off noobs :3

I have only ever used the two move once and I don't think I ever did the three move.
I have used the four move to obliterate noobs and people who should know better on several occasions though.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
I have only ever used the two move once and I don't think I ever did the three move.
I have used the four move to obliterate noobs and people who should know better on several occasions though.

The best part of any game, traditional or otherwise: completely wrecking your opponent in 5 moves or less.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
While I am undecided whether I will join the chess tournament or not, I would like to mention that I am quite skilled at chess. I was even a member of a chess club when I was in elementary and middle school.

I'll be ending sign ups tomorrow so, I'd really like it if you joined in :) it's always nice to have more people. I don't know that any of us are really that great at chess since we've all had some time to get rusty, but it'll be a fun time nonetheless!

I'm interested in all of the games mentioned.

I'm in favor of doing a chess tournament next, if we can find a good way to play against each other online.

So are you going to participate? :)

don't forget about this little slice of nerd heaven

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
What method are we using for this?

I would say Pogo. If you don't have an account I would suggest making one, it's not a complicated process and it has a lot of games that we may be thinking about playing in the future.

Back