• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chicken Pox

Have you had chicken pox? :3

• Yes. D:

Votes: 24 57.1%
  • No. D:

Votes: 18 42.9%

• Total voters

Lucy Lu

Keep On Moving Foward...
    Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2014
    I had the chicken pox when I was about six years old. I had the shots for it, but that was around when I was three or four. So it wared off. And boy they were itchy. x.x I scratched mostly my shoulders. I wish I didn't do that. Because I heard that the pox will stay if you scratch it. Or you have a scar.

Last edited:

Xaviar

I left my brain in its jar
    Years
    I was vaccinated for it when I was little, so I've never had chicken pox in my life. Don't you have to go back for another shot once in awhile, too? Well, once you get chicken pox, you never get it again, I've heard.

Years
    I had it when I was really little... I'm going to say before even kindergarten. So, yeah, I don't really remember it, just that I had it.

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Well, once you get chicken pox, you never get it again, I've heard.
    True this, but I've read that it can depend on the strain.

Apparently it's also worse the older the subject, which is why a lot of parents actually want their children to get it; so they won't get it later at an age when it'd actually be harmful.

I had chicken pox when I was six, and that was the end of that. It wasn't severe, didn't hurt or anything, and left no scarring.
    I had just... five spots? Seriously.

Spinor

<i><font color="b1373f">The Lonely Physicist</font
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2019
    Well, once you get chicken pox, you never get it again, I've heard.

Actually it is possible to get it twice. Just that the chances are low.

Here's my story.

I was the average, Pogeymanz freak 3rd grader, when we were having Physical education, I noticed this big spot on my left Fore-thumb, I was interested in Medicine at that time. I thought it was a mosquito bite and I decided to trick someone.

So I came up to this dude during free time and said "Hey, I got Chickenpox!"
    He didn't look impressed, he replied "Oh really, does it have a dark spot in the center?"
    "Nope"
    "Does it itch?"
    "Like you can't imagine"

Next thing I knew, he ran away so fast, he looked like an Olympic Platinum Medaller.

Later the coach called me in asked if I was scaring kids with chickenpox. I said "No, it's a mosquito bite :3.... I think"

She then referred me to the nurse just to be sure. Then it turned out I actually HAD chickenpox. Oh the horror, that one a One Weeker.

3rd grade was my worst year. I got my glasses that year as well.

Lover's Kite

[b]the age of empathy[/b]
    Years
    I had it when I was 7. I hated it, I remember I had to put some awfully smelling lotion on to prevent me from scratching more. ;W;
    But I haven't got it since then. :D

Last edited:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I've had the chicken pox when I was three or four, so I don't remember much about it besides the fact that I was covered in white medicine for a few days...

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    I have had the Chicken Pox, when I was around 6. XD I was freaking out at all the spots on me and I thought that it was gonna stay forever and I was like NOOOOOO D:

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
    I think I had them when I was around 3 or 4, all I can remember is my parents giving me an oatmeal bath and they were gone in like a week.
    (Oatmeal bath!? 0_o idk how, but I guess it works)

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I was in 1st grade when I got it. So I was about 6 or 7. And I missed my schools' easter egg hunt cause of it :< I just remember being really itchy, wearing pink stuff and it was like having the flu.

Oh and btw, I had those shots and mine didn't work :<

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    Oh I had it when I was smaller and the doctor told me to stay out of excessive sunlight because it can effects the rate of scarring or something. So in the car home, I was lying all over the seat trying to get away from any beams of light coming through the window. It was quite fun actually.
    Also, the week before I was away with the pox, I had entered a 'Guess How Many Lollies Inside the Jar' competition and I won. So my mum went and got the jar and brought it home for me to eat. Boy, I wasn't alone for my week away from school. My lollies kept me company.

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    I've had Chicken Pox, and I've also received preventive medication for it too. So that's it for me. My mom said it wasn't that bad, but I remember being very itchy. XD Around the age of four, too.

Lynnx

half listening.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 11, 2009
    I've never had chicken pox. Maybe it was the million vaccination shots I had to get for it. :x

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Unfortuantely, no I haven't. I have my shots alll the time for that kind of stuff, so I've been free from chicken pox. ALTHOUGH NOW I HAVE TO BE PARANOID ABOUT LIFE-THREATENING FRICKEN SHINGLES ;_____;

Back