• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

"Chikorita was released! Good-bye Chikorita!"

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I always keep my starter...I feel I should have it in my team as the professor gave it to me, despite its' rarity. I also like when my starter is fully-evolved and defeats my rival's starter, despite the type disadvantage (Samurott's Megahorn KOing Serperior at Victory Road was one of the highlights of my Black experience).

Dark Piplup

This user title is original
    Years
    I always keep my starter. And I always will. Yeah it is your first so for me it is always the most special. Besides, the starters tend to be some of my favorite Pokemon anyway.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2016
    Do you prefer to keep your starter with you through the entire game or do you prefer to drop it for a different pokemon?
    I normally keep my starter, although about halfway through the game they stop being my strongest and move more towards the middle of the pack.

If you prefer to keep your starter with you for the entire game, do you feel like it deepens your bond with your pokemon?
    I tend to feel a bond with my starter if I decide to use it, but I just store it away if I decide not to. No bond needed.

If you prefer to drop your starter, what kinds of pokemon do you replace it with?
    I normally drop my starter in challenges only, so I normally replace it with another usable Pokemon that can fill a similar niche. Sometimes I don't use my starter because I just decide not to use it, and replace it with whatever.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Really depends on what game I'm playing. I don't release my starter ever. If I think the game would be easier without it--I leave it in my box. (Leaf Green.) In some of my games, however, I keep my starter--and make it number four in my party.

I bond with all my Pokemon.

Years
    Do you prefer to keep your starter with you through the entire game or do you prefer to drop it for a different pokemon?
    99% of the time I keep it, but lately I've been thinking of dropping it in my Leaf Green version :(

If you prefer to keep your starter with you for the entire game, do you feel like it deepens your bond with your pokemon?
    Oh definitely, it becomes one of your most reliable partners and tends to be the one you raise the quickest.

If you prefer to drop your starter, what kinds of pokemon do you replace it with?
    The reason I'm thinking of dropping is because I've too many favourites and want to try out pokémon I've never used before, but always liked. I would replace it with whatever I want to be in my permanent team, not necessarily a specific type or the type that the starter originally was.

Back