• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Welcome Yeyinde!

And y'all get ready for Galaxy Cyclone, and if MST ever gets hit, more people'll just play Twister for pendulums/Emptiness, and Night Beam for really anything else.

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    MST was semi-limited before, but people can use alt of MST like Night Beam or Dust Tornado.

My predict:
    MST @ 2 (Like before)
    Bottomless @ 2
    Change of Heart @ 1
    Snatch Steal @ 0
    Dark Hole @ 0

People possibly play Twister or monster effect that remove backrows

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I feel like MST will probably stay at 3, because most decks these days aren't running too much backrow. Change of Heart imo seems more fair than Snatch Steal, and Brain Control more so than Change of Heart. So I can empathize w/Snatch Steal to 0. Dark Hole is like Raigeki, destruction is a little weak right now, and I doubt it'd drop from 2 to 0.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Dark Hole is more devastating than raigeki. I just got the feeling Change of Heart will replace Snatch Steal, but Snatch steal is permanent as long opposing monster is equipped with it and opponent don't mind the 1k LP per turn, some people will easy burn with Bad Reaction or Nurse. Arguably, Change of Heart and Brain Control are temporary and they should be least 1 while Snatch may be 0 or least 1

Though mind control is weaker than the above, I think it deserve a shine at semi-limit spot.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    MST was semi-limited before, but people can use alt of MST like Night Beam or Dust Tornado.

My predict:
    MST @ 2 (Like before)
    Bottomless @ 2
    Change of Heart @ 1
    Snatch Steal @ 0
    Dark Hole @ 0

People possibly play Twister or monster effect that remove backrows

Ban Dark Hole but Raigeki stays?

My list for now:
    Spoiler:

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    It's just my predicament. I love to see Stratos coming back so E-hero fans can use it, but I still troubled with Ocean though.

MST @ 2 (I do kinda want it to stay at 3, haha, but there is a lot like it)
    Most people runs 2 MSTs on their decks, so 2 is reasonable enough

I love seeing Brionac back to 1 I love using it to abuse opponent and trisula can be a powerhouse.

I just googled fire lake and yeah. 2 for 3 is OP. There's many Abyss user out there willing to use this. we need abyss control XD

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    In my honest opinion, I think Monster Reborn is a bit more fair than Snatch Steal because it at least doesn't put the opponent at a huge minus. But I dunno, there might be more to it.

I love seeing Brionac back to 1 I love using it to abuse opponent and trisula can be a powerhouse.

Yes, please. xD

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Monster reborn is less riskier than Snatch steal, but if opponent wants to take a powerful monster from your side he possibly can't choose the one with "cannot be special summon", if he/she wants to do that they must use Brain or Heart even Snatch to take control

Meadow

Years
    Yeah, Quasar is a good example of that. The opponent can't steal your Quasar with Monster Reborn, but they can easily Snatch Steal it after using something like Dark Hole or Raigeki.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    People mostly deploy MST on snatch steal so they can take quasar back, but seemingly people who use brain or heart could use your quasar and replace it so you can't use it next turn.

Meadow

Years
    How often does the TCG import structure decks from the OCG? Because...

YGOrganization said:
    Structure Deck – Master of Pendulum

On sale June 20th, 2015

-Contains 43 cards!
    -"Master of Pendulum", the latest Structure Deck allowing you to master "Pendulum Summon" is here!
    -You too can enjoy "Pendulum Summoning" like "Sakaki Yuya", main character of "Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V" with this deck!
    -It includes a new ace dragon as well as many shiny cards, to appeal to the beginner and lower-age group demographics!
    -2 Ultra Rares, 3 Super Rares, and 6 Parallel Rares
    -It will also include reprints of many useful cards to meet the needs of new and old players alike!

The lack of Synchron Extreme saddens me. I'm guessing we'll get Synchrons next January?

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    The lack of Sychrons makes up for this year's deck

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I get the Structure Decks and Starter Decks mixed up. So this is an actual Pendulum Structure Deck and not a character themed deck? And yeah I thought Synchrons were confirmed? Or was that just the OCG release?

Meadow

Years
    I get the Structure Decks and Starter Decks mixed up. So this is an actual Pendulum Structure Deck and not a character themed deck? And yeah I thought Synchrons were confirmed? Or was that just the OCG release?

According to the source, this is an actual Structure Deck. I honestly have no clue if the yearly Starter Deck already came out, but if it did, it would most likely be labeled as YS15 or something along those lines.

As for Synchrons, that was only in the OCG... =(

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Well I can't recall a time when we didn't import the OCG Structure Decks, so eventually it'll get here haha.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I don't really like newer fusions (random for this discussion I know), I know the game is faster now, but fusions used to be two specific monsters, and now its more general. At times it makes me happy as a fluffal player where you can more easily play F. Leo and F. Sheep, F. Bear for being released first still requires two specific monsters, which makes it kinda meh. But thats what fusion is, a fuse between two specific monsters not "some of this" "some of that".

Meadow

Years
    Well I can't recall a time when we didn't import the OCG Structure Decks, so eventually it'll get here haha.

Fingers crossed, haha. My biggest hope for this deck is actually to get a common copy of Synchron Explorer, which LC5D somehow managed to screw up. xD

I don't really like newer fusions (random for this discussion I know), I know the game is faster now, but fusions used to be two specific monsters, and now its more general. At times it makes me happy as a fluffal player where you can more easily play F. Leo and F. Sheep, F. Bear for being released first still requires two specific monsters, which makes it kinda meh. But thats what fusion is, a fuse between two specific monsters not "some of this" "some of that".

I know where you're coming from, but I personally think that's fine for non-meta Fusion monsters, unless they run Super Poly. I think the bigger problem would be Fusion spells that take Fusion Materials directly from the deck, because those are just plain ridiculous (see Shaddoll Fusion and Red-Eyes Fusion). Fusion monsters are supposed to be powerful simply because they're difficult to summon, but letting you use materials from the deck just defeats that purpose, and Fusion monsters summoned this way shouldn't really be as powerful as they currently are.

On a side note, I realized that it has been exactly two months since I joined the club. O_O I could've sworn it felt like a couple of weeks ago, haha.

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    During the time fusion was appear, Fusion monsters are quite powerhouse due to it's effect or attack power and people would get easy fusion summon especially e-heroes with Beast King of Swamp, Third Eye, Versago and King of the Swamp. Cyber fusions can be posed a thread due to Power Bond which makes twice the damage it could inflict, but this can be counter properly.

Right now, due to Shaddol it wouldn't be hard to look for proper/suitable materials to bring out Fusion monster on the play.

During the time fusion was appear, Fusion monsters are quite powerhouse due to it's effect or attack power and people would get easy fusion summon especially e-heroes with Beast King of Swamp, Third Eye, Versago and King of the Swamp. Cyber fusions can be posed a thread due to Power Bond which makes twice the damage it could inflict, but this can be counter properly.

Right now, due to Shaddol it wouldn't be hard to look for proper/suitable materials to bring out Fusion monster on the play.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think the bigger problem would be Fusion spells that take Fusion Materials directly from the deck, because those are just plain ridiculous (see Shaddoll Fusion and Red-Eyes Fusion).

That's why I run Chain Material in Melodious, especially when the monster isn't destroyed at the End Phase haha. Although it's not a one-card deck searcher like Shadoll Fusion, it's still a god send imo.

Meadow

Years
    *deep breath* Okay, so here's the new OCG banlist, and... Vanity's got hit! =D

YGOrganization said:
    Newly Forbidden:

Blaster, Dragon Ruler of Infernos
    Redox, Dragon Ruler of Boulders
    Tempest, Dragon Ruler of Storms
    Tidal, Dragon Ruler of Waterfalls
    El Shaddoll Construct

Newly Limited:

Dark Magician of Chaos (With Errata)
    Kuribandit
    Mathematician
    Nekroz of Brionac
    El Shaddoll Fusion
    Nekroz Cycle
    Saqlifice
    Vanity's Emptiness

Newly Semi-Limited:

Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands
    Qliphort Scout
    Wind-Up Carrier Zenmaity
    Formula Synchron

Newly Unlimited:

Archlord Kristya
    Inzektor Hornet
    Brotherhood of the Fire Fist – Rooster
    Burner, Dragon Ruler of Sparks
    Lightning, Dragon Ruler of Drafts
    Senju of the Thousand Hands
    Sinister Serpent
    Stream, Dragon Ruler of Droplets
    Reactan, Dragon Ruler of Pebbles
    El Shaddoll Winda
    Legendary Six Samurai – Shi En
    Number 11: Big Eye
    Monster Gate
    Temple of the Kings
    Exchange of the Spirit

Dunno if this means a thing for the TCG, but it's about time, lol. Those poor Dragon Rulers, though... =(

Back