• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
    Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    and people being jerky and nasty in DN anyway and all this manualing hurts

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    Favourite Card: Rodenut, it's adorable!
    (

Did not know that was a card (but I guess a lot of people don't), well I don't know what a lot of cards are (even newer ones), but its pretty cute and cool. I feel like making a deck for it now.

Well thanks Flushed for not mentioning me as a fellow YGOPro user. I am not comfortable with my level of dueling as me and Revised as yet to duel, though I should just do it as there is no reason for me not to deck completion wise. :P

Yeah I hate Dueling Network for being manual, but it does get new support quicker haha, also people quit A LOT of DN, they just go "ok, I lost, goodbye. -quit-"

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    And many constant ragequitting because of that and ruling is way off teh charts
    Ygopro may get new cards until all the newer cards are programmed, but you may find missing card images

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Well thanks Flushed for not mentioning me as a fellow YGOPro user. I am not comfortable with my level of dueling as me and Revised as yet to duel, though I should just do it as there is no reason for me not to deck completion wise. :P

Yeah I hate Dueling Network for being manual, but it does get new support quicker haha, also people quit A LOT of DN, they just go "ok, I lost, goodbye. -quit-"
    Oh sorry lol, hard to keep track of who actually uses ygopro since I've only dueled Revise. But it seems like we have like at least 4-5 people so if we wanted to get some tag dueling or some kind of tournament going then we could very well.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    DN being manual is off-putting for me, even though it's probably better for learning the nuances of the game mechanics and stuff.

While this is very true, the same can also be said about YGOPro. I've learned so much about the rulings (especially timing) by making screwups on YGOPro, haha. Probably the biggest lesson that I've learned on it is that C101 can't revive itself if it gets destroyed by Ryko.

Another lesson that we both learned from YGOPro is that Solemn Warning can't be used against an already face-up Fusion Gate. So yeah, I'd say both DN and YGOPro are great learning tools, with the former being there to exercise mastery, and the latter being used to get straight into the games.

and people being jerky and nasty in DN anyway and all this manualing hurts

This is honestly the only reason I don't use DN anymore. I only used DN to duel people that I personally knew (or felt comfortable dueling against), because you can find random jerks all over the place. And the people I used to duel against all converted to YGOPro, anyway. xD

I am not comfortable with my level of dueling as me and Revised as yet to duel, though I should just do it as there is no reason for me not to deck completion wise. :P

Don't worry, have some faith in yourself. xD And if we eventually did do a tag duel, I'm sure it would be a completely fresh experience for all of us (or most, I dunno haha).

Oh sorry lol, hard to keep track of who actually uses ygopro since I've only dueled Revise. But it seems like we have like at least 4-5 people so if we wanted to get some tag dueling or some kind of tournament going then we could very well.

I think we actually have 7 YGOPro users now, haha. I might have to recount later, but for now I'm really thinking that 7 is the right number lol. Once that number hits 8, then we can finally start praying for that tournament. xD

Drayton

Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    I also use ygopro for local dueling

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Like I said before, I only use DN out of requirement aha. Yeah, there are a huge number as of asses on DN, it's quite sad. There are also some real idiots out there, too. I remember this one dude rage quit cause he failed to convince me PWWB couldn't target face downs. -_-

Meadow

Years
    Not surprisingly, Konami still hates Yusei and Shark. *sigh*

Spoiler:

I take back everything I said about Konami learning their lesson with Kaiser Sea Snake. It appeared to be a Level 4 in earlier pictures, but apparently they changed it back to a Level 8 (a really bad one at that). I guess the only hope left is Dragons of Legend 2.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Like I said before, I only use DN out of requirement aha. Yeah, there are a huge number as of asses on DN, it's quite sad. There are also some real idiots out there, too. I remember this one dude rage quit cause he failed to convince me PWWB couldn't target face downs. -_-
    Don't ragequits net you points/ranks on DN though? I'd be ok with that lol.

So this is a thing:

https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...updated-designs-for-signature-cards-previewed

I imagine the cards will be re-released with their new designs in honor of the movie as well, though the Dark Magician one isn't exactly new, the design was previously used as a Shonen Jump promotional card.
    I always liked the original SDY and SDK arts for DM and BEWD. The fact that they're reprinted so much is kinda sad actually, that is until they do them in Ghost Rare lol.

Not surprisingly, Konami still hates Yusei and Shark. *sigh*

Spoiler:

I take back everything I said about Konami learning their lesson with Kaiser Sea Snake. It appeared to be a Level 4 in earlier pictures, but apparently they changed it back to a Level 8 (a really bad one at that). I guess the only hope left is Dragons of Legend 2.
    Ew Kaiser Sea Snake looks terrible. Junk Breaker looks alright since it's searchable, but it's kinda situational. And why do they hate Yusei? All the Synchron Extreme stuff I assume is dedicated to him?

Meadow

Years
    And why do they hate Yusei? All the Synchron Extreme stuff I assume is dedicated to him?

I wish I could personally ask Konami that as well, haha. Every time they make new cards for an old archetype from GX, that archetype ends up getting exponentially stronger and/or more consistent, most notably HEROs, Cybers, and Red-Eyes. Every time they release new support for Blackwings, Galaxy-Eyes, Yuma, or the original series, it's also usually decent and warrants being used in the deck. However, whenever they make new cards for Yusei, they end up being as bad (and/or unplayable) as these:

Spoiler:

Out of all 10 cards that were introduced in Synchron Extreme, only one of them has serious use in Quasar decks, and that's Accel Synchron. The Jet monsters serve as minor techs, and Stardust Warrior is only a last resort backup boss if you fail to get out Quasar. And despite the name "Synchron Extreme," Konami didn't even help Synchrons; they only slightly helped Quasar. Pure Synchrons play by using Quickdraw/Junk Synchron to quickly bring out Synchron Warriors, which all have a unique (and usually decent) effect, based on the situation. The closest thing they ever got to support was Junk Anchor, but Konami completely butchered it with restrictions and a horribly low level, so running it only makes the deck worse. Even in Quasar decks, though, most people ended up reverting to their old Main Deck ratios, with the exception of adding in a copy of Jet Synchron.

So as you can tell, Konami was never, ever serious about letting Synchrons (or even Junks) have their own moment of glory. The new support has failed to impact the Main Deck outside of Jet Synchron, and the Extra Deck didn't even receive a new reliable boss, as Stardust Warrior is rarely ever summoned when Quasar is available.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Well I feel like with the consistency of Quasar.dek (at least with which you've been able to bring Quasar out), there's no need for much extra support, especially in the Extra Deck. But yeah I sympathize with the excitement of getting new support, and it does suck when you actually get support but it sucks haha *cough*rit beasts dont need pendulum*cough*

On another note, I finally caved and picked up Yosenju. Finally able to run triple Magic Cylinder, and Creature Swap is just the salt for the opponent lol.

Anyways with the weekend approaching, maybe we can try to get something going on ygopro? Whoever would like to participate (sorry Honest I think DN is outnumbered) let me know, and I guess state what preference you have regarding what day/time, and we can do tag dueling or some sort of tournament. It might be a little late for this weekend, but might as well finally get this off the ground.

Meadow

Years
    The problem is, no one actually wants Quasar support (or at least, not many). It's Synchrons that need support, not Quasar, and Konami failed to address this properly.

Quasar decks are only composed of two things, which are:
    • Solitairing the entire deck in one turn
    • Salt

At least pure Synchrons act like a normal deck, and supporting them directly wouldn't necessarily have any impact on Quasar.dek. (But lol, I'm still amused at those Zefra/Beast Pendulums. xD)
    ___

As for YGOPro, I'd love to! Squirrel and I actually had plans to duel tomorrow at around 6 pm EST (10 pm GMT), but if you, countryemo, and/or anyone else happen to be available at the time, then I think it would be a great opportunity for a Tag Duel! (It's a shame that YGOPro removed 2v1 duels, because those were pretty interesting as well.)

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
    I didn't even know there was such a thing as 2v1 in YGOPro, must have been before my time. Seems a bit weird though, I guess ok if its two ok decks vs 1 stronger one.

I should be available around that time.

Toons and Legendary Dragons got more support / anime -> tcg/ocg finally. Strange that they changed Kingdom into a field spell considering World was even a normal Spell Cont. Wouldn't mind Comic Hand and Briefcase to come into the TCG/OCG, especially Comic Hand, take a oppoments monster and get to attack directly with it? Yes please.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah I really want to play Toons now haha. Might be a little while until ygopro gets the update with Toons though, sadly.

@Revise: Some archetypes sadly only have a niche like Quasar is to Synchrons. Sychrons are pretty good though by themselves, and out of the tons of support they've got, they can function pretty well. And on the bright side, Yugi still has some pretty bad support lol.

And tomorrow I'm busy right at 6pm :'(. I'll be around later that night though if anyone's still around (doubt anyone would want to play for that long though lol). Saturday's probably my best bet, but I hope you guys have fun regardless!

Meadow

Years
    Regarding niches and whatnot, I agree. It is pretty sad though, that Konami purposely chooses to make Yusei support really bad (like Scrap-Iron Statue, WTF?), but I guess that's because they're not appearing in any expensive sets, and they do seem to dislike Yusei. xD

And about the tag duel: Hmm, that's too bad, but a tag duel needs exactly four people. I mean, for one-on-one matches, I'd be willing to duel any of you anytime I'm online, but it looks like we should move this tag duel to a different time, when all four of us (or any four people) are on. When are all of you available? I'm usually guaranteed to be around from 9 pm to 12 am (EST), though not so much on Sunday haha.

(Also, if we unexpectedly have more than four people, I'd be willing to step out... though as we are right now, I don't think that'll be necessary haha.)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I'm around pretty much any time tomorrow! I'll be free from around 2 PM GMT until 2 AM GMT so quite a lot to work with haha - just send me a VM or Skype message and I'll come on Pro :D

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE THEY BE HITTING EVERYTHING
    Spoiler:

Meadow

Years
    HIDE YO KIDS HIDE YO WIFE THEY BE HITTING EVERYTHING
    Spoiler:

I haven't analyzed it yet, but I think I really like this banlist so far, minus the lack of Dragon Rulers (my poor Karakuris and Mermails are getting hit by their absence).

I do, however, have three things to say:
    1. Screw you, Vanity's
    2. Screw you, Skill Drain
    3. Screw you, Snatch Steal
    (Y'all three can suck it. xD)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I honestly didn't like this list.

- Vanity's is a double-edged sword. All my anti-meta stuff relied on it @3 (Cloudian, Rock Stun, Yosenju). On the other hand, it really helps Ritual Beasts, who seem like the only winners of the day.
    - Dragon Rulers I splashed in a lot of things. In ritual beasts, Star Eater from Debris and Tempest was my only out to Apoqliphort Towers. Qli got hit really hard though so that shouldn't be too much of a loss (Tempest in Rit Beasts). Raccoons really liked Redox+Junk into Leo though, and Tempest in Harpies was always versatile. And I happened to face Hieratic Rulers yesterday with Dark Matter, and the OTK potential was insane, so that deck's getting hit just with the release of Dark Matter.
    - TGU I needed in Melodious so that's sad.
    - Skill Drain and the Nekroz/Qli hits are the only good things really.

Back