• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Club Yu-Gi-Oh!

Honest

Hi!
    Years
    Nah. It just has to be in response to something. How old is priority, cause as far as I'm aware, I've been playing this way for my entire time playing the game.

Meadow

[span="font-family: Handlee; font-size: 15px; font
    Years
    I don't think I've ever heard of this. So this shuts down stuff like reactive traps and Quick Effects completely when it's not your turn? Or it just prevents you from preemptively flipping stuff like Vanity's?

I think this scenario is a pretty good example:

While Priority was still a rule
    Chain Link 1: Player A summons Rescue Rabbit and uses his/her turn priority to activate its Ignition Effect; the monster banishes itself as a cost.
    Player B can't activate Effect Veiler, because Rabbit is already banished and Effect Veiler doesn't have a target.

After Priority was abolished
    Chain Link 1: Player A summons Rescue Rabbit. Now the game state isn't open and Player B can respond.
    Chain Link 2: Player B sends Effect Veiler to the graveyard to negate Rescue Rabbit's effect.

Nah. It just has to be in response to something. How old is priority, cause as far as I'm aware, I've been playing this way for my entire time playing the game.

I'm pretty sure it's been around from the very beginning of the game up until 2012, back when good ol' Dino Rabbit was a thing. Heck, Dino Rabbit + Priority was the source of sooo many complaints that it wouldn't be surprising if Konami abolished it for that reason. (Believe it or not, Kevin Tewart himself has a Pojo account, so he knows what people complain about.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Probably buying Return of the Bling. The Galaxy Eyes Xyz monster is pretty interesting, and I might be able to find a spot for it in my Plant Princess deck. Raigeki, Crush Card, and Exodia are getting reprints too, so those are always good to have.

Chain Link 1: Player A summons Rescue Rabbit and uses his/her turn priority to activate its Ignition Effect; the monster banishes itself as a cost.
    Player B can't activate Effect Veiler, because Rabbit is already banished and Effect Veiler doesn't have a target.

Chain Link 1: Player A summons Rescue Rabbit. Now the game state isn't open and Player B can respond.
    Chain Link 2: Player B sends Effect Veiler to the graveyard to negate Rescue Rabbit's effect.
    So what about something like Tour Guide vs Veiler under Priority? Veiler still has a target, so action turns over to the holder of Veiler?

Honest

Hi!
    Years

I'm pretty sure it's been around from the very beginning of the game up until 2012, back when good ol' Dino Rabbit was a thing. Heck, Dino Rabbit + Priority was the source of sooo many complaints that it wouldn't be surprising if Konami abolished it for that reason. (Believe it or not, Kevin Tewart himself has a Pojo account, so he knows what people complain about.)
    Wait. But the actual effect resolves in the Graveyard, so wouldn't that mean Effect Veiler wouldn't work, regardless?
    Probably buying Return of the Bling. The Galaxy Eyes Xyz monster is pretty interesting, and I might be able to find a spot for it in my Plant Princess deck. Raigeki, Crush Card, and Exodia are getting reprints too, so those are always good to have.
    Meh, I'm looking forward to Crush Card (even though it's errata is so trash) as well as Anki. Hero support <3

Oh, guys, what do you think about Stardust Road in the meta this format? A lot of people have brought it up as viable once again

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Yeah these erratas are pretty stupid, didn't think that was a realistic part of the game, well the ones that completely change the effects anyways. Although the Harpie's Feather Duster one is nice bc I play Harpies haha.

Regarding Starlight Road, I thought it was always a bit situational, even with Heavy Storm around. But now there's what, Raigeki, x2 Dark Hole, Torrential? I could see it being used, but I feel like this format is more towards "progressing your game state" or whatever they say, keeping backrow and defensive stuff to a minimum.

Meadow

Years
    So what about something like Tour Guide vs Veiler under Priority? Veiler still has a target, so action turns over to the holder of Veiler?

Yep, because it still starts a chain.

However, Priority is more often associated with Ignition effects, which you have to manually activate on your own (such as Rescue Rabbit's effect). Tour Guide has a Trigger effect that only works when it's summoned, so Priority is hardly relevant when it comes to being able to use Veiler on Tour Guide. =P

Wait. But the actual effect resolves in the Graveyard, so wouldn't that mean Effect Veiler wouldn't work, regardless?

Oh, guys, what do you think about Stardust Road in the meta this format? A lot of people have brought it up as viable once again

Actually, that's where Effect Veiler differs from the likes of Skill Drain and Fiendish Chain. The latter two only negate a monster's effects while that monster is still face up on the field, but Veiler negates its effects no matter where it ends up, so long as that effect activated and resolves on the field. Even though Rescue Rabbit has to banish itself as a cost, the effect itself still activates and resolves on the field, so Veiler's negation still applies after it is banished. However, if Rabbit banished itself while being negated by Skill Drain or Fiendish Chain, the negation no longer applies once Rabbit leaves the field, so you are allowed to summon those two normal monsters. Hence why it was apparently a legitimate strategy back in the day to chain Fiendish Chain to Veiler if the opponent tried to use Veiler on Rabbit, because Veiler isn't allowed to negate a monster's effects if they are already being negated.

Oh, speaking of Starlight Road, it was confirmed to get a reprint in Return of the Bling. (Someone please explain the pun.)

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I actually do need a copy of Starlight Road, so more reason to get Return of the Bling. Plus Lavalval Chain is confirmed to be in it. They're throwing in tons of good stuff.

Anyways, sorta a side thing, I've been doing pretty poorly with my testing, but I told myself I'd go to regionals to see what it's like. The question is, should I play Ritual Beasts or Anti-Meta Cloudians? I can type up decklists if anyone wants, but I'd love to hear opinions and revisions for either deck. I think I'm more confident in Cloudians (and playing triple Vanity's lol), but Ritual Beasts I think fare better on paper.
    Spoiler:

Meadow

Years
    I actually do need a copy of Starlight Road, so more reason to get Return of the Bling. Plus Lavalval Chain is confirmed to be in it. They're throwing in tons of good stuff.

Lavalval and 101 are my biggest incentives for getting this set. As for Starlight Road, not so much, because I'm perfectly content with my non-foil copies of it, hahaha. xD

Anyways, sorta a side thing, I've been doing pretty poorly with my testing, but I told myself I'd go to regionals to see what it's like. The question is, should I play Ritual Beasts or Anti-Meta Cloudians? I can type up decklists if anyone wants, but I'd love to hear opinions and revisions for either deck. I think I'm more confident in Cloudians (and playing triple Vanity's lol), but Ritual Beasts I think fare better on paper.
    Spoiler:

I don't know too much about these archetypes, but I should be able to look into this sometime (though I'm definitely not as reliable as yourself, haha). When are you going to regionals anyway? This is a pretty important question if we want to plan this out accordingly.

I would've vouched for Ritual Beasts, but "Anti-Meta" is what caught my eye, haha. Shutting down all of those giant Meta archetypes sounds very tempting, but the biggest concern is if they'll be fazed.

If you want, you can just compress both of your deck files in a zip folder and attach it to your post on PC. (Unfortunately, you can't upload them without zipping 'em first, as both Gabe and I tested it to no avail.) And of course, I'm always around if you want to practice!

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    I'm personally currently only looking at World Superstars (though for the sake of novelty, I may have to pick up RotB for the sake of that Galaxy Eyes, and possibly Lavalal Chain for actual, practical purposes). When it was announced, I was ecstatic. After...way too long, Gagaga Sister is finally making its way to the TCG...probably. This will make my Gagaga deck (Specifically, the one that uses XYZ) exponentially more useful.

...Now I just have to wait for them to announce that it's just Gagaga Mancer and Gagaga Samurai that are coming in Superstars :/

Meadow

Years
    I'm personally currently only looking at World Superstars (though for the sake of novelty, I may have to pick up RotB for the sake of that Galaxy Eyes, and possibly Lavalal Chain for actual, practical purposes). When it was announced, I was ecstatic. After...way too long, Gagaga Sister is finally making its way to the TCG...probably. This will make my Gagaga deck (Specifically, the one that uses XYZ) exponentially more useful.

...Now I just have to wait for them to announce that it's just Gagaga Mancer and Gagaga Samurai that are coming in Superstars :/

YESSS, me too! I really hope they port all of the unreleased cards from those Zexal Duelist Packs, especially Shark's. Nothing is set in stone yet, though. A bit unrelated to World Superstars, but did you hear about the new Utopia monster (Number S39: Utopia the Lightning)? It has really awesome protection, and as if that wasn't enough, it even has a built in Double-Up Chance! ^^

Also, how is that Gagaga deck coming along?

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years

Ah you do Gagaga's? Do you know about Entermage Trapeze Magician (R.4 XYZ)?

Meadow

Years
    Entermage Trapeze Magician

Lol, Entermages are pretty hilarious. I never knew that Entermates would get their own parody archetype.

Hmm, now what will Konami of America rename them to? Entermates became "Performpals," so maybe Entermages will become... "Performages"? xD
    But knowing KoA, they're probably gonna find some way to make the name even worse than that, hahaha. (Never forget how Burning Knucklers became Battlin' Boxers... sigh...)

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Mostly the same, unfortunately. I've been pretty busy lately, with the snow giving me a few days respite, but I haven't had a lot of time to work on it in general. My main deck- that is, by "Dear God The Meta Would Puke" Gagaga Deck had a few changes. It's gone a few ways away from its original design (which, admittedly, was a lot worse), but the changes were no doubt for the better. Though I'm somewhat ashamed that it took me this long to get a hold on a "RUM Barian's Force".

As for S39, I knew about it as a manga card due to some scavenging on the Wikia, but I had no idea it'd made its way to the OCG. It's looking quite nice (and unsurprisingly different than its insta-ban anime card effect), though I do have to wonder how long that'll take to get to the TCG...

As for Entermage, I didn't know about it, but it does look like it'd have a nice place in my deck. I'd need to clear some space, which really shouldn't be too hard since the card I'd be replacing is Downerd Magician or Slacker Magician. They were added half for the novelty of adding a female presence to my Extra Deck which, at the time, was dominated by males and a giant eyeball. That problem has since been remedied, so I'll look into it.

Meadow

Years
    Mostly the same, unfortunately. I've been pretty busy lately, with the snow giving me a few days respite, but I haven't had a lot of time to work on it in general. My main deck- that is, by "Dear God The Meta Would Puke" Gagaga Deck had a few changes. It's gone a few ways away from its original design (which, admittedly, was a lot worse), but the changes were no doubt for the better. Though I'm somewhat ashamed that it took me this long to get a hold on a "RUM Barian's Force".

Ah, I see. Take your time. But regarding Barian's Force, I wouldn't recommend getting the normal version. You should get "Limited Barian's Force," because despite the Rank 4 limitation, it is light-years better than its standard counterpart. Limited Barian's Force can target ANY Rank 4 Xyz Monster (such as Cowboy), and it can summon ANY Rank 5 Chaos Numbers, giving you free access to C101 (Dark Knight) and C69 (Chaos of Arms), no matter what Xyz monster you choose to rank up (given that it's Rank 4, of course, which Gagagas have no trouble with). The price isn't bad either, and I think you can pick it up from the 2013 starter deck, but I'm not too sure about that.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Ah, I see. Take your time. But regarding Barian's Force, I wouldn't recommend getting the normal version. You should get "Limited Barian's Force," because despite the Rank 4 limitation, it is light-years better than its standard counterpart. Limited Barian's Force can target ANY Rank 4 Xyz Monster (such as Cowboy), and it can summon ANY Rank 5 Chaos Numbers, giving you free access to C101 (Dark Knight) and C69 (Chaos of Arms), no matter what Xyz monster you choose to rank up (given that it's Rank 4, of course, which Gagagas have no trouble with). The price isn't bad either, and I think you can pick it up from the 2013 starter deck, but I'm not too sure about that.
    I actually did get the 2013 Starter when I was getting back into the game, so Limited was the first rank up I got. I still have it in my deck, but there are some XYZ that I have in my deck that I currently can't have access to unless I use normal Barian.

Well...that's a half lie. I have 3 RUMs in my deck: Limited, Barian's, and Quick, all at one. I used to run Admiration of the Thousands, but its usage is far too limited for the environment that I play in, and I very, very briefly used Argent Chaos Force, but it can't work with my XYZ deck in its current state. I'm hoping to move the restrictive Quick (which has some uses, mainly for Utopia, but is mostly restrictive- especially in the case of a varied XYZ deck) out and replace it with another copy of one of the other two I currently have in there.

countryemo

Years
    Lol, Entermages are pretty hilarious. I never knew that Entermates would get their own parody archetype.

Hmm, now what will Konami of America rename them to? Entermates became "Performpals," so maybe Entermages will become... "Performages"? xD
    But knowing KoA, they're probably gonna find some way to make the name even worse than that, hahaha. (Never forget how Burning Knucklers became Battlin' Boxers... sigh...)

I only recently found out about them from the spellcaster thread on Pojo, I'm only on Ep. 15 on Arc-V so I'm nowhere near seeing the episode so I don't if their related to perfomapal. I actually like the change to Performapals and Battlin' Boxers. I think Entermages is a fine name for TCG, though if they are related I can see the name being similiar to Performapals then.

As for Entermage, I didn't know about it, but it does look like it'd have a nice place in my deck. I'd need to clear some space, which really shouldn't be too hard since the card I'd be replacing is Downerd Magician or Slacker Magician. They were added half for the novelty of adding a female presence to my Extra Deck which, at the time, was dominated by males and a giant eyeball. That problem has since been remedied, so I'll look into it.

Hm mayber Slacker, but I don't know your L.1 presence. Downerd works with L.3 also, and is a 2700 atk. Though looses 300 each attack sadly, lol.

And I'm sorry for your notifications Revise. :x

Meadow

Years
    I actually did get the 2013 Starter when I was getting back into the game, so Limited was the first rank up I got. I still have it in my deck, but there are some XYZ that I have in my deck that I currently can't have access to unless I use normal Barian.

Well...that's a half lie. I have 3 RUMs in my deck: Limited, Barian's, and Quick, all at one. I used to run Admiration of the Thousands, but its usage is far too limited for the environment that I play in, and I very, very briefly used Argent Chaos Force, but it can't work with my XYZ deck in its current state. I'm hoping to move the restrictive Quick (which has some uses, mainly for Utopia, but is mostly restrictive- especially in the case of a varied XYZ deck) out and replace it with another copy of one of the other two I currently have in there.

Hmm, what higher Ranked Numbers (or CXyz) do you have in there? (Or they could be lower Ranked, but I can't seem to recall any.)

While Quick Chaos seems pretty restrictive, I would at least keep it at one copy because it can be a real life saver as a Quick-play spell, as well as the plethora of shenanigans you can pull off with it. Attack a monster with 39 or 101, then activate Quick Chaos for a second attack. Or if an opponent targets 39/101 with a lethal effect, whip out that Quick Chaos, and the lethal effect will have to fizzle. Opponent tries to use Mystical Space Typhoon on a set Quick Chaos? Activate it. You'll get your monster, and that MST would be wasted for nothing. The possibilities go on and on. (Though the card will admittedly clog at three copies, so one or zero would be the preferred ratio. However, decks that like to focus on very specific Numbers can run two or three without fear.)

Have you considered The Seventh One? I know it's a really sacky card, but getting a free Neo Tachyon sounds pretty tempting.

I only recently found out about them from the spellcaster thread on Pojo, I'm only on Ep. 15 on Arc-V so I'm nowhere near seeing the episode so I don't if their related to perfomapal. I actually like the change to Performapals and Battlin' Boxers. I think Entermages is a fine name for TCG, though if they are related I can see the name being similiar to Performapals then.

I'm sure they might end up becoming related, so Konami will most likely make them "Perform-" monsters. As for Battlin' Boxers, I dunno, haha. It just seems a bit anti-climatic, and the name "Burning Knuckler" perfectly described the character who used them. (For the record, that character was not a boxer, lol.)

And I'm sorry for your notifications Revise. :x

LOL! It's all good, haha.

countryemo

Years
    I'm sure they might end up becoming related, so Konami will most likely make them "Perform-" monsters. As for Battlin' Boxers, I dunno, haha. It just seems a bit anti-climatic, and the name "Burning Knuckler" perfectly described the character who used them. (For the record, that character was not a boxer, lol.)

Heh I don't think it works as well "Burning Knuckler Glassjaw" doesn't sound as nice. :P And the name is about the archetype not the character, or well in the card game. And Boxing is more popular over here so. Haha. I don't like U.A's name though, no way I am calling YGO cards "Ultra-Athletes". Though after watching Ep 14. I wonder why we didn't get "Guts Master" they seem better than U.A, maybe mix the two, like give U.A some Guts Master effects, haha.

"Performamage" or "Performamancers" most likely. I don't see how their related except "Barrier Bubble" which works for both Performapals and Performancers, and yes I decided that will be their official name.

Meadow

Years
    Heh I don't think it works as well "Burning Knuckler Glassjaw" doesn't sound as nice. :P And the name is about the archetype not the character, or well in the card game. And Boxing is more popular over here so. Haha. I don't like U.A's name though, no way I am calling YGO cards "Ultra-Athletes". Though after watching Ep 14. I wonder why we didn't get "Guts Master" they seem better than U.A, maybe mix the two, like give U.A some Guts Master effects, haha.

"Performamage" or "Performamancers" most likely. I don't see how their related except "Barrier Bubble" which works for both Performapals and Performancers, and yes I decided that will be their official name.

Gotta agree with you about Ultra Athletes, lol. My only problem with Battlin' Boxers is the "Battlin'" part. xD It just sounds a bit lame (and uncreative) haha, and "Burning Knuckler" still does describe them pretty well. In the end, it's all up to personal preferences though. =P

As for Performpals, if Yuya ever gets a sub-archetype that starts with "Perform-," then that would force Entermages to be related to them if any of the support cards lists a "Perform-" monster. (Archfiends went through so much errata'ing in the TCG because cards like Summoned Skull were originally supposed to be Archfiend cards, haha.)

Back